Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hows this for an idea

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Supra
    Yeh studying is over rated

i agree with that, maybe making it harder for younger kids to get rego on these kinds of cars might be a deterrant, but also, you can buy a V8 commodore for like 8k thatll hit a top speed pretty quick so its not really an issue of how much cars cost and the longer this goes on the more affordable faster and newer cars will become, ive already noticed that VNs have passed as the common P car now on the VP...
    yeh that' a good idea, because increasing the insurance premiums sure hasn't done sh*t except encourage more young fools not to insure their fully sick wrx bro...
    "WHEN IT'S GAME TIME, IT'S PAIN TIME TIME BABY! WOOOH" ~ Terry Tate

which means that theyre spending the next 20 years paying off the house or other car they wrote off with their own mate wrote off his 180SX, uninsured, hes paying it off for the next 18months imagine a 30k+ situation... 3 years+ of payin it off
    The Datto will rage again...

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Supra
    which means that theyre spending the next 20 years paying off the house or other car they wrote off with their own mate wrote off his 180SX, uninsured, hes paying it off for the next 18months imagine a 30k+ situation... 3 years+ of payin it off
    that would kill me, not only losing your pride and joy. but having to pay for it and someone else's for 3 plus yrs...
    "WHEN IT'S GAME TIME, IT'S PAIN TIME TIME BABY! WOOOH" ~ Terry Tate

i'd be interested to see how many people will insure the car in like their parents names or something to get around all that BS
    I am the Stig

well i do cause i cant be bothered re-regoing it in my name and getting it all reinspected etc etc...
    The Datto will rage again...

you bought the datto of your mum though didnt you?
    I am the Stig

Is it true that the government may be banning people under the age of 21 from buying any type of sports car,or V8? I just heard this. But like, is it a bill at the moment or what?
    coltyu. d;-)!

its probably going through the Victorian government as we speak but those idiots also wanted the ADR's to be changed so that speedo's only read to 130km/h...

As for federal, doubt it, but this huge crash with the skyline with some international pressure could change things
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    Me and Slick lately seem to be coming up with ideas out of nowhere to fix the current problems with the licensing and driver training systems, so i guess heres what we got so far:

Driver training available from 15 (motorkhana/geakhana type of stuff maybe)
    L's extended to 100 hours
    P's Available when 18
    Curfue for when you cant put more than 1 passenger in the car
    Unable to drive through school zones in school hours
    Drivers retested with every license renewal

All funded by those useless speed cameras

so what do you think?
    I think you put it in great words there
    See thats why your the public face of AusSpam you got the skill
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

what was your position again? friggen hell, what does this job pay anyway Bluey
    I am the Stig

Curfee with if the car has more then 1 in it after 1am. And also the drive by the schools, But i'm thinking of something new to.

you gotta think, the curfue on how many pasengers is gunna be targeted on idiots coming home drunk from late night parties, agree? so what times do they need to set it so that it'll have the biggest affect
    I am the Stig

I think 12 they go out so i would say they wont be drunk at 1-2am.
    So maybe 1am-6am Friday-Saturday nights. So Mon-Thurs 1am-6am Cause really a car full of 2 or more if there not going to work then what are they doing? Cops see them come on guys head off home where its safe,

But i got one more idea, L's 15 in that 3 years you can do driving schools defensive driving and my fav physiological test. 18 on the P's, 2 years only probation if you don't lose 3 demerit points that's no speeding no dangerous driving, Plus a 1am curfew,
    If you pass this 2 year probation go onto full license. But lose them 3 points and it's the full probation time for you my friends with a extra year on top
    But pass and get full license in 2 years. But have a curfew for all between 18-25 On Fridays and Saturdays with numbers of more then 2 in the cars between the hours of 1am and 6 am. If you wanna go out and have a good time take the bus or taxi go with mates be safe

Well to say G'Day from Dubbya-Ai, our system is Computer test, Practical test, 50 hours, Computer test, P's for 3 years. What do I reckon should be changed from the suggestion? The school zone, 100 hours may be a bit harsh, but the retesting is a sticking point. I reckon random retesting would make everyone's lives a lot easier.

Also on power restrictions for L-plates and P-plate drivers.
    L-plate drivers. No turbo supercharger,
    all cars below 1600kg must be no more then 150kw in power. All above no more then 230kw. No High performance models from FPV and HSV. No driving past 1am for safety reasons. No more then 1 passenger not including the licensed passenger also for safety reasons.

P-Plate... No turbo or Supercharged cars...
    All cars below 1600kg no more then 170kw in power, All Above no more then 260kw
    Restriction on passengers 3 max. Curfew times 1am-6am Mon-sun.
    If anyone needs to work nights shifts or for any genuine good reason then apply to the police department for a special permit, No permit #0 tolerance

What you think am i to tight?? or Half right?? or ****** Wrong

Thread Information