Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pimp my SLR

Quote Originally Posted by Schumacher
    Bloody hell.

I think this "West Coast Customs" should just stop.

Complete tat of the highest calibre.
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by CdocZ
    STOP RUINING THE PERFECTION OF ENGINEERING IN THE ENZO AND SLR!!!!!!!!!!!!
    True. The Enzo and the SLR were design with perfect lines to increase the aerodynamics, every detail was perfectly created (including the rims) and those gangsters (WCC) have destroyed the perfection within in these cars, btw this is just my opinion on the subject .

what's with all of you hating WCC, I really don't mind them........

its basically an insult to the engineers, WCC's customers are basically saying "oh, yeah....mercedes, your performance rims suck, i want something that has fancy neon lights, spins, and weighs 40 thousand pounds per rim, cause your rims suck!"
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

"i'm sorry sir, but i'm gonna hafta take you under arrest for horrible styling''
    "We first fought the heathens in the name of religion, then Communism, and now in the name of drugs and terrorism. Our excuses for global domination always change." - Serj Tanikan

"Dusting is a good example of the futility of trying to put things right. As soon as you dust, the fact of your next dusting has already been established." - George Carlin

its basically an insult to the engineers, WCC's customers are basically saying "oh, yeah....mercedes, your performance rims suck, i want something that has fancy neon lights, spins, and weighs 40 thousand pounds per rim, cause your rims suck!"
    all you guys have really missed the point. wcc get payed to pimp the cars, people choose what they want done to THEIR cars. wcc are just doing what they have been PAYED by customers to do.... if all cars were perfect then why would people want to change them???? these are just your opinions about the cars you like just as this is my opinion...
    "WHEN IT'S GAME TIME, IT'S PAIN TIME TIME BABY! WOOOH" ~ Terry Tate

can you read? i said the customers. not the people who work there. the people who work there are just taking advantage of something people want, aka, capitolism at work

can you read? i said the customers. not the people who work there. the people who work there are just taking advantage of something people want, aka, capitolism at work
    yeh i quoted the wrong person, sorry dude. yeh i am with general, concesus here. however, people should be allowed to do what they want. i know for example if i got a koenigsegg ccr the first thing i would to is change the rims, the koenigsegg rims are horrid imo....

oh, lol, that explains it. what i mostly care about...is when people (like sprewell) do it because it they love doing it, especially to exotics (he killed 3 enzo's!) he was putting things like his special sprewell rims on them, and all that crazy stuff that just weighs the car down, makes it less aerodynamic, etc. its ok for paintjobs......unless it looks bad, because that doesnt change the engineering aspects.

oh, lol, that explains it. what i mostly care about...is when people (like sprewell) do it because it they love doing it, especially to exotics (he killed 3 enzo's!) he was putting things like his special sprewell rims on them, and all that crazy stuff that just weighs the car down, makes it less aerodynamic, etc. its ok for paintjobs......unless it looks bad, because that doesnt change the engineering aspects.
    yeh i agree. if i was going to change the rims on say a ccr, i would pay koenigsegg to make a custom set of magnesium wheels in the design i liked. less of a bastardisation of the car then, and shouldn't affect weight and perfromance as they would be semi 'official' rims...

eeemmmm...oh I know, let's throw on some twennietwos. Ooooooooh, maaaaaxximummm!!!

There's more to consider before slappin' some tawdry wheels for a little splash of street cred. Consider this piece of information from tirerack about wheel offset.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

The forces for good take on purveyors of badly concieved and poorly executed styling "enhancements" of expensive automobiles:

Remember kids, killing people is wrong. Unless they are trying to kill you, with their appaling wheel selections.

And I do think that my will to carry on living has taken a slight knock after seeing this rubbish, so...

Quote Originally Posted by @wall
    all you guys have really missed the point. wcc get payed to pimp the cars, people choose what they want done to THEIR cars.
    If someone came to me and said:
    "I want these bad-ass mother-****ing wheels on my fly new ride", or whatever it is these rappers say.

I'd say no. West Coast Customs could have a tiny shred of credability, but they say yes, so they are to blame.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thanks for all the fish

cov, i just posted that pic lol
    "We first fought the heathens in the name of religion, then Communism, and now in the name of drugs and terrorism. Our excuses for global domination always change." - Serj Tanikan

"Dusting is a good example of the futility of trying to put things right. As soon as you dust, the fact of your next dusting has already been established." - George Carlin

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    OH SH*T!!!!!!!!!!!! If WCC dont take off those sh*ts, im gonna nuke them!!

{[(IT IS WCC'S FAULT!!!)]}

WHY THE F*CK DO THEY WANNA F*CK UP THE SLR AND THE ENZO???

IF I OWN THAT CAR AND WANT NEW RIMS, I WOULDNT EVEN GO TO WCC, INSTEAD, WHY DONT THOSE IDIOTS GET BBS OR OZ RIMS?? AT LEAST THEY LOOK MUCH BETTER THAN WCC!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by NuclearCrap; 11-25-2004 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lithuanianmafia
    cov, i just posted that pic lol
    Look again.
    Thanks for all the fish

Thread Information