Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Theyre stealing out Monaro!!

From what I've seen from other sources it looks like a dead cert to be eventually turned over to US production, I wouldn't be surprised to make a base platform for the Monaro, Cheville, GTO, plus the Lumina Coupe and maybe suited to the Firebird/Camaro twins.

I'm also willing to bet Denny Mooney won't be opposed to this in the slightest, and I'm beginning to think he may prove to be the anti-christ for Holden...

What's the best way to get people away from holden??
    Tell them one of there most favorite icon cars will be built in the U.S of A.
    Now if that don't make a true holden guy cry and think about buying a RX-8 they musn't breath.

Tell you, It will lose me to be honest it's ours and we make it good, They can't make coupes i don't care what they have, The mustangs Vettes firebird's camaro's there not to the average Aussie's taste, But in the U.S they are, How long will the Monaro last if built overseas 3-6 years then bye bye.

Build it in the states and it will be the death of it

BRING BACK PETER HAMBERGER PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

they uglify out Monaro, they give us the job of developing the major parts of Zeta, they give us a new V6 plant, and at what expense? the monaro it seems, is it worth it?
    I am the Stig

No way in hell, the Monaro is like the Halo Model for Australian cars, to take that away is sacreligious...

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Wouldn't they make just the ones for US consumption here, and continue making them for y'all in Australia? I don't see any reason they couldn't make the same platform in two places...
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

i dont see why either considering the Commodore will be here, but the experts reckon if they can have all Zeta coupes coming out of the same place, it'll be cheaper. dont really see how when the idea of Zeta is for it to be a flexible platform
    I am the Stig

it would make sense that if the zeta is supposed to be a 'global' platform and the VE monaro will most likely be Zeta based, they could build it wherever Zeta-based cars are built. Plus, wouldnt the price be pushed right up with tarriffs on the imports which will deaden sales?
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

The U.S can have the platform they most likely will anyway, Just leave us to do what we do best here, Make a RWD V8 thats cheap enough for Aussie's to buy, Import them from the states and we could see another vette high price low numbers that will make a jackaroo look good

it'd be good if GM thought of australia enough to make us a proper market for the vette i'm sure they'd get enough sales to make it worthwhile
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

the US will be taking Zeta, thats a fact. why else would they spend over a billion developing something for just us??

prices wouldnt be that different i would think, they can make them a bit cheaper i think in the US and with the FA, getting it into the country is hardly an issue
    I am the Stig

the FTA is complete bullshit i wouldnt rely on that making much stuff cheaper in the near future
    – Hunter Thompson

well not for us anyway......
    I am the Stig

yeah i dont think cheap vettes, cobras etc. was considered in the FTA
    – Hunter Thompson

I don't see how the U.S had much to do with zeta since holden owns the hole plans for it. And they came to us to build a RWD platform and holden were allready doing it.
    They can build what they want off it, Just don't make it something for us.

they gave us the money to engineer it so it was flexible enough to be used in global markets and have a unique identity under each brand. that requires the $$$ that only GM can provide

on the vette coming here again, the market would be small at that. when Tickford converted 200 Mustang Cobra's to RHD, the amount of money needed to engineer it properly, convert it, and all the other crap would make it too expensive for what it is. it'd be easily over $100K and for something with the interior of a Daewoo Lacetti, no thanks
    I am the Stig

Thread Information