Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's it like on the other side of the Fence?

What's it like on the other side of the Fence?

This thread is about cricket. If you don't like cricket thats fine. I like cricket, I find it amusing, particularly the way Australia tends to win. All the time.
    So I was just watching our batsmen murder New Zealand and I was wondering what you guys think of the Australian team, and the infamous comparison....is the current Aussie team better than the legendary West Indies when they were at their prime?

Being a Sri Lankan... I don't like the Australian team I think you would know that... There has always been a grudge between the Sri Lankan team and the Australian team. Shane Warne is a racist jackass... Lehmann has been in trouble before for racist remarks against our team. Even your jack ass prime minister was told to shut up by the ICC for rude remarks. I know recently Murali said some stuff on radio in Aussie land... about McGrath and a few other people chucking... which I think he shouldn't have done, but to be fair to him... he has been under scrutiny by the Australian public and the Australian team. I think most other teams would feel the same way I do. I saw some NZ spectators wearing a T-shirt that read 'I support two teams: New Zealand and anyone who is playing Australia' lol.. I thought that was funny....
    Anyway... I was just expressing my point of view... sorry if I was harsh or anything, but this doesnt mean that you and I have to hate each other...
    Alright brain... you don't like me and I don't like you... but lets just do this...

Shane Warne is a jackass, and everyone knows it. Lehmann probably doesn't have much time left in the team, and Michael Clarke is looking like the most likely long term replacement (I bet that'll make you guys glad - 141 on his debut in India, and got another century in his Australian debut...)

The problem with Murali was that it separated the ICC and the umpires when he got called for chucking. The ICC should stand by the umpires' decisions and not go against them. Should he still be playing? I don't think so. Does McGrath chuck? No way in hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Hell_Unleashed
    I think most other teams would feel the same way I do. I saw some NZ spectators wearing a T-shirt that read 'I support two teams: New Zealand and anyone who is playing Australia' lol.. I thought that was funny....
    Yeah the NZ boys would have a bit of bad blood, they came pretty
    close to beating us last time we played, until they couldn't get Bichel and Bevan out. Now we're playing them again and its not looking hopeful for NZ...
    Last edited by Luciferous; 11-26-2004 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luciferous
    The problem with Murali was that it separated the ICC and the umpires when he got called for chucking. The ICC should stand by the umpires' decisions and not go against them. Should he still be playing? I don't think so. Does McGrath chuck? No way in hell....
    Oh come on man!! Cut the guy some slack... its not his fault he is gifted with an arm like his And I never said McGrath chucks... he has always been one of the best fast bowlers in the world and I have utmost respect for him... and some other players in the Australian team like Ricky... I love his attitude and never heard him slag anyone or anyteam... unfortunately I cant say the same for all of them.

Yeah the NZ boys would have a bit of bad blood, they came pretty
    close to beating us last time we played, until they couldn't get Bichel and Bevan out. Now we're playing them again and its not looking hopeful for NZ...
    lol... I would imagine so.
    Alright brain... you don't like me and I don't like you... but lets just do this...

I saw a cricket match on tv once, I had no idea what was going on So before I can say if I like it or not, I want to understand it
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami
    I saw a cricket match on tv once, I had no idea what was going on So before I can say if I like it or not, I want to understand it
    Hmmm... It is a bit hard to understand until you play it... I think. Anyway, let me try:
    If you compare it to baseball... (assuming you understand that), there are 11 players in each team and at one time two batsmen (batters) are on the pitch (field). The bats are thicker and the balls are slightly smaller and much heavier. The batsmen (batters) can hit the ball to anypart of the ground anyway they want unlike in baseball. They stand between two stumps (three sticks stuck on the ground) and run back and forth between them to get runs (points... I guess) unlike running around bases in baseball. When the bowler (pitcher) bowls, if it hits the stumps (any of the three sticks stuck on the ground) the batsman is out. There are other ways for batsmen to get out as well... like being caught or stumped or runout which I really can't be bothered to explain. Anyway... after a batsman is out, another one comes until the fielding team gets through the whole batting team or until a certain number of balls are bowled. Then the fielding team comes to bat and do the same. Who ever makes the most runs (gets the most points) are the winners. Ok... I know, its not as simple as it sounds... there are subtle rules and points that I have missed out, but by now you should know enuff to understand the game.

Mehhh, stupid Aussies.

I still remember when you bastards did the under-arm bowl!!! THAT WAS WRONG!

Auckland, New Zealand & Balikpapan, Indonesia
    I saw some NZ spectators wearing a T-shirt that read 'I support two teams: New Zealand and anyone who is playing Australia' lol.. I thought that was funny....
    HEY!!! i have a that t shirt!!! i bought it in the rugby season... i'm sick of seeing the asussies winning at everything... to be honest though, if NZ was a big country like australia, it would produce so many good athletes that are better then the OZs...

anyways... i'm looking forward to see the All Blacks kick some ass against France in Paris soon
    "Rejection is better than regret. It's better to try and know you did your part, than to spend the rest of your days wishing you had tried"

When the bowler (pitcher) bowls, if it hits the stumps (any of the three sticks stuck on the ground) the batsman is out. There are other ways for batsmen to get out as well... like being caught or stumped or runout which I really can't be bothered to explain.
    I once spent a weekend with a "strange" belley in bed in a hotel room in Visakhapatnam, (Andra-Pradesh, India), when they had a test match on between India and another team I forgot. That gave me ample time to learn most of the rules, but even after two days nobody had explained what LBW meant, so I can imagine that you did not include that in your above points
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Oh come on man!! Cut the guy some slack... its not his fault he is gifted with an arm like his
    Gifted with an arm like his? He's cheating, he's throwing the ball, dodgy
    arm or not. The rules of cricket (and there are a lot) say that you must bowl a certain way, and he doesn't do it the correct way. If he can't bowl properly he should find another sport.

Quote Originally Posted by r1ckst4
    i'm sick of seeing the asussies winning at everything... to be honest though, if NZ was a big country like australia, it would produce so many good athletes that are better then the OZs...
    Well if it makes you feel any better we always feel like we get no recognition either because of things like the Olympics where technically we do really well, but still only come like 5th or 6th or something, all to countries 10x bigger than us. Mind you, watching the Commonwealth Games does bring a patriotic tear to the eye....

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    I once spent a weekend with a "strange" belley in bed in a hotel room in Visakhapatnam, (Andra-Pradesh, India), when they had a test match on between India and another team I forgot. That gave me ample time to learn most of the rules, but even after two days nobody had explained what LBW meant, so I can imagine that you did not include that in your above points
    I think there are about 11 or 12 different ways to be 'out' in cricket, so I'm sure you'll forgive the indescretion. LBW as you may or may not have learned is Leg Before Wicket, where the ball strikes the batter's leg when it is in the way of the wickets.

Gifted with an arm like his? He's cheating, he's throwing the ball, dodgy arm or not. The rules of cricket (and there are a lot) say that you must bowl a certain way, and he doesn't do it the correct way. If he can't bowl properly he should find another sport.
    Since his arm is bent... it looks like he is chucking when he isnt! Recent tests showed that he does bend his arm a few degrees more than the law says but he isnt the only one who does that. And now the ICC is changing the rules allowing them to bend their arms more which they have realised is more reasonable and suitable to the game. Althought Murali is the only one under controversy, many many bowlers bend their arm over the limit. And that's not fair to just target him. Personally... I feel it was the Australians who brought it upon him and thats when the whole grudge started.

Quote Originally Posted by r1ckst4
    HEY!!! i have a that t shirt!!! i bought it in the rugby season... i'm sick of seeing the asussies winning at everything... to be honest though, if NZ was a big country like australia, it would produce so many good athletes that are better then the OZs...

anyways... i'm looking forward to see the All Blacks kick some ass against France in Paris soon
    If Australia was as big as the USA we would be first second and third in every sport that was ever made
    But it really doesnt matter cause we win most sports anyway It's just that's what we do best sport
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Many bowlers around the world have been noballed for suspect actions, Why is it that Murali is defended at the rest aren't.
    I remember they were looking at Courtney Walsh for a suspect action on his bouncer,
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Thread Information