Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Australian cars

A klot of the friendly types are using that to "butter you up" to make you feel special and to make them seem more trust worthyyoull find a lot of the nastier ones know what their talking about but are people who tend to have the shits most of the time.

Ps ive been drinking a bit so i hope you can let any crap i might come out with slide.

aww not again?? thats like the 4th time youve made your way onto the forums drunk, do you wanna lose your moderators position or something, nah jks

i think weve just about agreed though that if theyre not trying to screw you around, someones tryed to screw them around

i once appled for a car salesperson job. it turned out by the end of the interview i knew it wasn't for me. when i was asked why i wanted the job i mentioned that i liked cars. the lot owner looked at me and said "i hate them, i know f*ck all about them, but i reckon i can sell them better than anyone. They're f*cking dreadful things."

I nearly walked out right there and then.

PS I had to censor the rude bits, as I'm feeding my daughter as I type this

thats an interesting little bit of an insight. the idea of a car salesman sounds appealing if you know alot about cars, its easy and pretty laid back, but its not really something you wanna be doing for 40 years until you retire
    I am the Stig

Well the salesman at my work likes his cars and is also an avid fan of open wheelers and although he doesnt think v8 super cars are ture racing cars (raceing cars dont have door in his opinion) he still follows them and knows plenty of the drivers He admitily is a ford fan but he is also a car evaluator and knows the pros and cons of nearly all makes and models and so on. The thing i find about him when he tells you todo somthing its an order i can handel this but the other lad gets roused on a bit (problem with being lazy) and he sure can prattle on with the new cars when you let him ( i usuallychange the subject to hear about racing) and he told me rember We might be matesnow but if im every trying to sell you somthing youll have to sift through the shit samewith any other salesman.

Okay FPV and Falcon. You've both just got a sales job at a Holden dealership. How would you convince me, a punter off the street, to buy a new VY Executive? I've been looking at the Falcon and all the magazines say that it is the better car.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

this'll be a challenge.

i'd tell you right now it has market leadership, has more economical engines, has the option of a 6 speed manual and just for the hell of it i'd blabber on about how the cars being exported when the falcon isnt outside Oceania
    I am the Stig

V8 SUPERCAR SERIES AUSTRALIA

Some pictures of the V8 Supercar Championship Series.

The teams are formed for: Holden Monaro and Ford Falcon
    Attached Images Attached Images

well thats close, but its the Holden Commodore and Ford Falcon that race in the V8 supercars, the Holden Monaro races in Nations Cup and is equipped similarly to a V8 Supercar
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    this'll be a challenge.

i'd tell you right now it has market leadership, has more economical engines, has the option of a 6 speed manual and just for the hell of it i'd blabber on about how the cars being exported when the falcon isnt outside Oceania
    Did it hurt or did you have to go purge youself afterwards? It would be like me trying to sell Citroens or Peugots. "The powerful 3.8 cylinder .95 litre engine will get you from 0-60 by the time you arrive at your destination." Torque steer through the we couldnt be bothered with the rest of the drive train front wheel drive system has been largely eliminated by the the fact that the motor has a close to no power output. The luxurious interior, large enough for two medium adults and two amputees, has an abundance of technology for its own sake and enough driver aids to make the driver redundant. The ride is so quite that you can hear the sniggers of the people you pass as they marvel at the lengths the manufacturer has gone to outsmart themselves with a design that is ruthlessly individual and confronting to the eye."
    See you can make anything sound good.

hate to tell u this crisis, but it didnt hurt at all. it may not seem like it at times but i dont think holdens are all that bad, i just rather ford, and i cant help having the odd laugh at holden from time to time.

that doesnt sound good, but it does sound like the bullshit a salesman would tell you to get in the car
    I am the Stig

My answer on the sales would really depend on the queastion but one thing id more then likely say would be "All alluminum 5.7 liter v8 lighter consturction,and better pedigree as wellas more fuel effiecent" i would have to preyon the Fact its apprently "austrliaias faveorite car" as the local add campagin boasts (ment sarcasticly) and dontforget the wait for it.... not 2cup hol;ders but....4!!!! sorry couldent helpit but our saleman keep the broucure with that on it with him and points out "is this a great automobile? if its so good why cant them mention somthing interesting"
    One of the things I lernt was (and makes the job easy for brand specific salesman)is they have a rag sheet in other words it has a list full of known problems or thing that are inferior about their opponets product.

lol well all else fails, make the competiton look worse
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    lol well all else fails, make the competiton look worse
    Its a crappy sales technique and one that sales courses tell you to avoid. It makes you look bad. You also dont know who you are talking to. When I went to a Ford dealer before I got my car the young guy took great delight in pointing out how all the magazines picked the Falcon over the Commodore as if there was no competition. I read as many review as he did and while the Falcon got the tick, the Commodore was not a distant loser. He didnt realise he was talking to a "Holden man" either and that I may find some of his arrogant comments a little hard to swallow. He didnt even have a car for me to try (turbo) but he expected I would buy it based on everyone elses recomendation. WRONG! My humble sales philosophy is only sell people what they want, dont bullshit (you never know what they know or what they are keeping from you), dont promise what you cant deliver, deliver more than you promise, dont diss the opposition, sell the benefits (classic textbook crap), and let the customer make up their own mind so they dont feel pressured.

well fords being let down by sales due to supply problems and the XR6T is selling all that can be made, so even if they had a demo on hand, u probably wouldnt have wanted to wait several months for it to be delivered. but those who are sticking it out are loving the cars

pointing out the faults of the oposition isnt a good thing, especially if its trying to take away from the faults of the car your looking at.
    I am the Stig

Thread Information