View Poll Results: Rate the 'Boring Factor' of the VE. **1 star being the MOST boring**

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll

15 15.63%

15 15.63%

12 12.50%

9 9.38%

5 5.21%
  • Screw you Adrenaline, this car ROCKS!!

40 41.67%

Thread: New VE Pictures. Is it a Commodore or a Falcon???

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

New VE Pictures. Is it a Commodore.... or a Falcon???

New VE Commodore pictures. Lights draw ALOT of 'inspiration' from the Falcon/ Territory lights. The Stateman also draws from Audi for their windows. Seriously, I was excited looking at the previous VE pictures, but now Im just horrified. The VE is worse than disappointing in terms of 'excitement' of design. Its taken the falcon lights and made them softer. The executive is so bloody boring to look at!! And this is Michael Simcoe's work???!! Its far from ugly, but geez it looks just so boring. AND SOFT!!!

Dont get me wrong, its a good looking car, but its just not 'fully sick oh my God' design.

I thought this was a holden, not a Falcon-ish front with Audi glasswork (Statesman) and an audi arse!! Where is the originality? To me, at this stage, this is just pathetic. The cars pictured came straight down the production line. They are extremely close to the finished product.

Thats just my opinion right now...but im pretty dissappointed. Im sure the car will seem a little different when seen without the tape, and in the metal. But even in the pictures, the basic shapes are easily seen, and they are too soft, not typically holden. I would be less annoyed if holden didnt rave on about the design, how great it was, Its completely new, blah blah blah blah blah...because the truth is, its boring, unoriginal, and reminds me of Ford and Audi, among others. Not Holden.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by fpv_gtho; 04-20-2006 at 08:52 AM.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Thread Information