Having owned it for well over a year, and not one single problem with it, with regular checkups and what not, this came as a suprise.

I decided to take a break and go up to Lancelain with mates, its about a two hour drive. Having never driven the car for this long in one trip, I took upon the liberty of flushing oil out, new coolant, etc etc. Just making sure everything was ok and ready to go.

All was well during the trip. However, 20kms from the main Lancelain town, temperature started shooted up and the speed gradually decreased. I stopped onto the side of the road, popped the hood and obvious things happened, steam, me being pissed off and a bad case of "I hate my f*(_*@#g car" syndrome. This was a suprise, total suprise at that. A generous person came stopped by and gave me a tow into town (suprisingly, there was quite a large rock on the road. I turned and missed it, but as I was straightening the car, the snatch strap slacked and wound around the axle, subsequently snapping it!!).

It's either a blown head gasket, buggered pipes or water pump or perhaps a number of those things. To be honest, I am not the most learned of people about the going ons under the hood.

Anyway, it seems like a new engine and a conversion. I like the car, it has a great paint job, its clean and (was) reliable. I'm thinking of a 1G-GTE. Im also aware of the other changes needed to happen. I'm leaning towards making it a sleeper, with around 5-6K to get the job done.

Saying that, cheers for reading this (if you have) its just helped me deal with it, she was a good car, absaloutely fine until this trip.

I hope you all had a great new year and wish you all the best for the coming year.