Thread: Volkswagen Golf MKIII [NOM]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Volkswagen Golf MKIII [NOM]

Hey... think it's about time I posted something on here. Sorry for the delay, been
    working my ass off on the final details. About the chop... it's a Volkswagen Golf
    MKIII. I've been working on this for the past five monhts or so (started in August!),
    dropped the JDM crap and went all euro. It started out as a vision of my realistic
    project/dream car, but I kinda scrapped those plans after making some quick financial
    calculations besides, Corrado ftw.

Anyway, I really enjoyed chopping this piece of Wolfsburg engineering. The angle is
    downright retarded though... had about twenty different rims on during the WIP stages
    (had a hard time choosing between Porsche D90's, TT Parabols and BBS RS'). I ended
    up completely brushing (oh great..) a set of RS Watanabe look-a-likes (Konig/Rota
    perhaps?). Seeing as Work Equips and other Japanese spec wheels are getting popular
    among vee-dubbers I thought why not go with the flow. Personally I think these look
    surprisingly good.

Overall I'm pleased with the outcome. I think the Vento/Jetta front conversion turned
    out great (esp. as there was no c&p involved due to a lack of decent donors =/). It
    may not look like an awful lot was done but I wanted to keep it clean (duh!). Besides,
    and I'm not trying to brag, brushing an entire car requires a lot of patience. Some of
    the details include a VR6 front lip and skirt, Projektzwo wing mirrors, a chrome roll
    cage, new leather seat(s), Brakes (Porsche?), Rat Stylz/Vans/PVW stickers and some
    über cool rat style (z0mG!) valve caps.

The background (and some of the reflections) still bug me slightly but after weeks of
    searching (and countless of hours gone into brushing) I guess Imma have to settle
    for this =). Another thing causing me headaches was the colour. I experimented a
    lot. Even went as far as trying out a chrome paintjob (lolz), but I decided to keep it
    red as it sorta matches the background.

Some inspiration:

Clicky!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information