i was wondering about if any of the guys here are interior design fans. most of us are males, but i know i personally have waken up on a chore-less day, said "**** this ****", and re-arranged my furniture to make use of space better.

-do you like your living space to have color co-ordination?
-do you maximize space efficiently?
-do you have furniture that you have thrown out because it "ruins the ambiance" of the room?

-or are you the type that everything in your room has a functional purpose (chair, check, desk, check, light, check, laptop, check, bed.... etc)

pics are always welcome. i just moved into a new place, and am looking for some inspiration

last year, when i lived in a student dorm. i had the furniture moved so i could study, chill, fiter tap water, play music, was in reach of my mini-fridge, ALL FROM MY SEAT. i hate standing, or getting up. i had a hookah set up illegally, chairs around the circumference of my room for guests to chill (second semester, there was at least 5-10 people everyday in my room at night, not studying), green film covering light bulbs to get a modern "green" ambience, speakers all around playing relaxing belearic music. i was bloody proud of my accomplishment, especially as a male. the ladies loved it.

right now i am torn between the IKEA-inspired "modern" look

or the gnarly, more original and organic, hippy/stoner/relaxing look

or just a minimalist/post-modern one

now, i have to say, these pictures are highly idealistic. i would not be able to afford any of these interior designs, but they are merely INSPIRATION for generating ideas.

i hope i get some enthusiastic replies instead of another buried topic.

**crosses fingers**