Dunno if anyone else really cares, but these next few days will see the leaders of the most powerful countries on Earth centre in on Southern Ontario; the G8 in Huntsville, and the G20 smack dab in the middle of downtown Toronto.

This is gonna be fun for all those in Toronto. The security fence is up, the highways are gonna be shutdown, the police are out in force - I saw tons of cops yesterday at work, and got a my last look at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre before the whole shindig commences. The city is gonna be in total shutdown - apparently drives home from the downtown core have been ridiculously easy the past few days simply because people have fled Toronto - vacation, worked from home, whatever.

A big chunk of downtown is gonna be shutdown this weekend when the G20 gets going. The major highway that leads across the southern edge of the city (by the lake) is shut as of today I believe. The event is expected to cost over 1 billion Canadian dollars (i.e. 999,999,999 USD - wooo Canadian economy!) and I don't think that;'s factoring in productivity losses.

There are gonna be all sorts of protesters. The city is gonna be in absolute chaos. It's gonna be an exciting and frustrating time for Torontonians - I will watch the nightly news for once to see the images - reading the news doesn't do this sort of thing justice.

What say you guys?