Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: falcon rtv

well i dont know why anyone would pay for this car cause the could just jack up the suspension in their own BA ute and it will be almost the same

well to option up a falcon ute aftermarket like this, it would cost more through more expensive parts and extra labour. in the end if this is the type of vehicle your looking for, its easiest and most likely cheapest to get it off ford. ford obviously think they can sell them so good luck to them. i know my dads falcon one tonner as a 3 seater is pretty comfortable, especially compared to jap 3 seaters. the only time ive been uncomfortable was on a 1.5hour drive me, my dad and my brother went on

I know its a 4WD but come on its not a Jackaroo or Forester, does it have to be that jacked up?

its not a 4WD its a 2WD

It has a diff specifcly built for the car and its was based on the highly succseful EF EL outback series of utes. This ute also give trademen an advantage as extra ground clearance is nice (epecially when moving briicks and bags of cement and stuff) and it doent cost the wad a jackeroo or a forester does and it also has the same reapare costs on the enteir car (minus a few supsension compenats and the diff) as the falcon range which is cheapest in its class.

Originally posted by LowRider
    I know its a 4WD but come on its not a Jackaroo or Forester, does it have to be that jacked up?
    even if it was a 4wd, why compare it to a forestor or jackaroo? its a ute, not a wagon

Also true they dont really stack up comapring the 2 and also there arnt a lot of 6 powerd 2wd utes that would drive like car out there either nor is there any that will take the punishment of going off road the car really is a nice compramise.

like you said, holden and ford have their share of niche markets now: Ford with the RTV and Holden with the Crewman. Both are targeted at japs though. its possible for ford to develop a 4WD RTV though, theyve got test cars with the virtual pivot front suspension to house the front axle so its not like it doesnt fit. they might be experiencing real life durability issues with it under a falcon rather then the territory though

Well it seems a natural step to make a 4wd version id also like to see a turbo version and a boss engine one also. Well in about 2 years well see if either of these projects are succsesfull.

i dont like the chances of getting a BOSS engined version considering the base cars target buyer but if they want to make a 4wd version they could put the turbo 6 in cause the barra220 doesnt fit, or probably more accurately, ford havent made it fit yet

well the barra 220 is on the books for the car yopu can order it with 2wd i was hoping for a 2wd with a boss engine.

well if they did decide to make a boss engined RTV it would be a similar philosophy to whats behind the avalanche

Except no where near as heavy.

well it would be close to 100kg heavier than the standard 6 RTV or worse. ford wouldnt stop at just the engine and go right to the bodykit and everything else that gets put on say an XR8 ute, and they weight over 1800kg

This is why i think ford should bring back GS models Boss engines in an XT the idea behind the GS was a poor mans GT it had a flash stering wheel diffrent colour scemes in interior very undefined stripes and a GT engine (in this case the XR8 motor would be the equivelent as the GT wasnt to top model then)

Thread Information