Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bringing Closure...

Bringing Closure...

I think we need to seriously consider making all threads, if they haven't been responded to after a certain amount of time, closed to posting. I'm gettin tired of n00bs bringing back threads that have been dead for a year or more, and usually with stupid comments. What do the mods think?
    "We first fought the heathens in the name of religion, then Communism, and now in the name of drugs and terrorism. Our excuses for global domination always change." - Serj Tanikan

"Dusting is a good example of the futility of trying to put things right. As soon as you dust, the fact of your next dusting has already been established." - George Carlin

why are you tired of it, is it exhausting to ignore?
    badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger

what if you have sumthing valid to say? but dont want to repost like a n00b?
    < 1 - 2 - to the bass >

Quote Originally Posted by d-quik
    why are you tired of it, is it exhausting to ignore?
    No, but when you are looking for new threads to post in and you find a year old-thread that a n00b added a fanboy comment to, it clogs up the forum and is irritating. My 2c.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Don't keep all people from making valid additions to new threads just because of a few people who don't know proper netiquette.
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    Don't keep all people from making valid additions to new threads just because of a few people who don't know proper netiquette.
    How about a closure on threads like 6 months and older, if they wanted to make an additional post to the thread that was THAT important to bring back, I don't understand why a new thread can't be made.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

I like the idea, but only threads that are 6 months-over 1 year ago old.
    My 2c.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    How about a closure on threads like 6 months and older, if they wanted to make an additional post to the thread that was THAT important to bring back, I don't understand why a new thread can't be made.
    lfb666's thread about babes and cars just got respawned. Im sure not too many people have an issue with that.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

I'm with Matt.

Most threads can be added to with validity and will ADD to the information in them.
    How many Enzo picture threads do we really need ? So when a new batch of Enzo pictures hit the streets in say 2 years do you really want a NEW thread ?

Nah, best to remind noobs to search before posting than to end up with 17 threads all about the same topic !

IMHO
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

The nice thing about an on-line car magazine such as UCP is that all previous issues remain available. The forums/threads being a sort of "letter to the editor" should therefore also be kept open. There are many new subscribers coming in everyday and it would be silly to prevent them to go through old threads and in case they have something serious to add to do so.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

well look at this people.

now I know this shit that's goin on.

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...5&postcount=26

He's been PM'ed and advised on how to introduce himself and to put thought into posts.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

thanks Matra

I'm just kind of sick of Karrmann taking control of everything.....he took control of the chop game halfway through it's existence, and no revived it in a completely new thread. It's not even that old from the last reply. he also led a coup d'etat of the silly chop comp.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

i'm sick of you acting like everything I do is wrong.

Thread Information