Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Body Kit Question

Quote Originally Posted by LOTS-00
    ok here is a pic of the Skyline, but someone please answer me!!
    If that is you car, thats a great looking skyline, I wouldnt want to spend money on changing the looks.
    EGGNOG test: Post a pic of the car with a piece of paper on it somewhere (preferably the shifter) with your user name on it, and no one will doubt you anymore.

I am too skeptical of everything
    ah yes
    UCP's Most Hardcore 2 Door Performance Car Freak

UCP's Most Hardcore Fitness Freak

Im Going To Be A Millionare At 17

Argue Me If You Want ^^

Quote Originally Posted by GTR Dreamer
    ah yes
    Oh god, let's not bring that up again

GTR Dreamer is going to try to get all of us sucked into his little pyramid scheme

if you turn out getting a bodykit i would love to see what it looks like.
    My Photography: flickr.com/photos/a-m-photo/
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."

haha check out A99 code number on SCI motors page. The yellow skyline looks awesome, I want to get it fixed up like that, maybe get a new spoiler though.

Their CRX is bling bling.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Hello, my dad came over yesterday to look at my car, and hes wondering why on Earth i would buy it..

He asked these questions:

1. How much do you think it costs to insure this car a year.

2. With such an old car, how much would it cost you to even do all the repairs a year?

Anyone have the answers to these questions ==;; I hope their not too high. Aagin im living in Bc.. so yea

Hello, my dad came over yesterday to look at my car, and hes wondering why on Earth i would buy it..

2. With such an old car, how much would it cost you to even do all the repairs a year?

Anyone have the answers to these questions ==;; I hope their not too high. Aagin im living in Bc.. so yea
    1. Call around to insurance companies and find out.

2. How many miles are on the car? Was it taken care of very well or runned to hell?
    Look up common problems with that year and spec of skyline you have and youll answer some of your own questions. Check for any recalls, and if there are any see if the cars was taken in for them.

BTW make sure you run that car on the recomended oil and fuel, try and find out the last time it was in the shop for a tune up too.

OK, I called Insurance, they said 85-135 dollars per month if you have a good driving record. Being 18, I doubt i Do lol..

My car has 100k miles give or take a few.. and i cant tell if it was runned to hell or not, but it seems like its pretty good, and the engine doesnt look rusty or anything. I looked up some of the common problems with the R32 1989 GTR, and they mostly said stuff like dieing and wouldnt start up, and stuff. I havent driven my GTR farther then my local cornerstore yet, and I hope it doesn't suddenly die out on me. I can't check for recalls as the car was shipped in from Japan, and the person selling it to me had no information whatsoever about the car. Maybe next week, I will take it to SCI Motors in Abbotsford to have a tuneup and checkup on the Skyline. Thanks.

P.S: Geeze, I thought that having a Skyline was like the best, but then I forgot to think about the factors of owning a 1989 car such as insurance (especially for Skylines) and the maintenance problems.

I've read that if the car was beat on, engine seals- especially head gaskets- tend to break. And they do it often. There was a guy on the Vortex who had 2 while living in Japan. He hated both of them with a passion, as more than once they left him stranded somewhere after not wanting to start for some random reason.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

You've driven it around but you don't know how much it costs to insure it?

I hope your father realizes that old cars can be very reliable. There seems to be quite a lot of people in Vancouver who are afraid of old cars, and get new ones every 2 or 3 years. Not sure why, nothing wrong with older cars.

OK, I called Insurance, they said 85-135 dollars per month if you have a good driving record. Being 18, I doubt i Do lol..
    Ask them what it will be for you, tell them of any tickets, accidents etc.
    My car has 100k miles give or take a few.. and i cant tell if it was runned to hell or not, but it seems like its pretty good, and the engine doesnt look rusty or anything.
    Usually 100K miles on a performance car (especially a turbo) is not that good of a thing. One way you can tell if it was taken care of not is by looking at the interior. Look for cracks, rips, dents etc. anything that wouldnt be there if the car was new. Also check the air filter, that can tell you alot about where the car has been.
    I looked up some of the common problems with the R32 1989 GTR, and they mostly said stuff like dieing and wouldnt start up, and stuff. I havent driven my GTR farther then my local cornerstore yet, and I hope it doesn't suddenly die out on me. I can't check for recalls as the car was shipped in from Japan, and the person selling it to me had no information whatsoever about the car. Maybe next week, I will take it to SCI Motors in Abbotsford to have a tuneup and checkup on the Skyline. Thanks.
    So this is a 100% japanese spec car? Im sure there are nissan forums that have imported skyline owners, talk to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    Usually 100K miles on a performance car (especially a turbo) is not that good of a thing. One way you can tell if it was taken care of not is by looking at the interior. Look for cracks, rips, dents etc. anything that wouldnt be there if the car was new. Also check the air filter, that can tell you alot about where the car has been.
    Luckily I think he probably meant 100,000kms, which is around 62,000 miles. *phew* . Good call regardless - excellent universal advice when checking out a fairly old car.

yea i meant 100 k kms... and air filter.. ==;; id rather let the technicians take a look, i dont want to accidently rip out some part of the engine

yea i meant 100 k kms... and air filter.. ==;; id rather let the technicians take a look, i dont want to accidently rip out some part of the engine
    Ha ha

Not much of a mechanic are you?

Thread Information