Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: errr....WHATS THE FASTEST TUNED CAR IN THE WORLD

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine

oh and of course when the build the Veyron it'll win - riiiiight
    i have a theory that bugatti no longer make cars they just produce concepts and hype

i think if you tune up a lincoln ls it could beat all the cars because my brothers car has a different engine to make it go 180 so if you add from there you got a fast car.....

Quote Originally Posted by lincoln ls fan
    i think if you tune up a lincoln ls it could beat all the cars because my brothers car has a different engine to make it go 180 so if you add from there you got a fast car.....
    lincolns are WAY too un-aerodynamic to get close to the record. Also.......almost any non-econo only car can by tuned to do that. There are volvo's tuned to go faster then vipers.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!
    halo 2 - november 9

Dude...just no.
    above 200 mph aerodynamics becomes extremely important, i.e. the boxy shape of the LS wouldn't work. You got proof of the 180 speed?
    Even if "he" did get it to go that fast, every time you double your speed, you have to cube your horsepower. So getting up to anywhere near the 240 mph speeds talked about thus far would mean a complete redesign of the engine, not just tuning. Link

If you're talking about 0-60 mph acceleration time, then it would be one of the top-fueler dragsters. The estimation is around 0.8 seconds.

If you're talking about top speed, that would be the ThrustSSC. About 763mph

had u been correct, i would have said thanks, because after 4 months and 80 posts we hadnt figured it out. however, those dont really count considering they arent street legal, and they arent tuned, they are specifically designed that way.
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

you guys are all idiots, if you want a serious car for tuneing, the fastest car in the world is by far the toyota supra. its so fast in fact that no one has ever redlined one without snapping the chassey in half.

Quote Originally Posted by gabe200333 View Post
    you guys are all idiots, if you want a serious car for tuneing, the fastest car in the world is by far the toyota supra. its so fast in fact that no one has ever redlined one without snapping the chassey in half.
    I don't see any Top Fuel cars doing in excess of 300mph and a 4 second quarter mile with a puny japanese i6.... And yeah, thats a complete lie. Whose the idiot now?
    "Don't think your time on bad things
    Just float your little mind around"
    Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum9987 View Post
    I don't see any Top Fuel cars doing in excess of 300mph and a 4 second quarter mile with a puny japanese i6.... And yeah, thats a complete lie. Whose the idiot now?
    OMG n00b gtfo. You haven't seen t3h fastnfurious scene where a supra beats a ferrari.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HT29tNGzS4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HT29tNGzS4[/ame]

Don't worry new guy. We don't hate/want to kill you or anything. If you decide to stay, you may just find your views and tastes in cars grow and change.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

unbeatable except by 1.8Ts
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    OMG n00b gtfo. You haven't seen t3h fastnfurious scene where a supra beats a ferrari.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HT29tNGzS4

Don't worry new guy. We don't hate/want to kill you or anything. If you decide to stay, you may just find your views and tastes in cars grow and change.
    That IS a movie. They do have this thing called creative liberties.

And no shit a souped up supra is going to beat a stock ferrari. Big whoop. It doesn't change the fact that the fastest accelerating cars on earth are powered by American V8s. I've been to plenty of different drag racing events, and have yet to see a rice burner beat a v8 muscle car in a fair race. The exception is when a guys tranny exploded because HIS ENGINE WAS TOO POWERFUL

And I love a ton of different cars, thank you very much.

Not to mention Roar of a V8> Whine of a puny I6
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvAlXW3nvwk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvAlXW3nvwk[/ame]
    Last edited by Magnum9987; 08-21-2011 at 01:13 PM.
    "Don't think your time on bad things
    Just float your little mind around"
    Jimi Hendrix

That IS a movie. They do have this thing called creative liberties.

And no shit a souped up supra is going to beat a stock ferrari. Big whoop. It doesn't change the fact that the fastest accelerating cars on earth are powered by American V8s. I've been to plenty of different drag racing events, and have yet to see a rice burner beat a v8 muscle car in a fair race. The exception is when a guys tranny exploded because HIS ENGINE WAS TOO POWERFUL

And I love a ton of different cars, thank you very much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvAlXW3nvwk
    Perhaps I should have been a bit clearer. I was going along with your sentiment that the original post was somewhat on the unrealistic side.

You would think that a car so "fast" that the chassis snaps when you redline would be somewhat unfit to be a tuner or drag car...
    Last edited by kingofthering; 08-21-2011 at 05:06 PM.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Failed troll zombie thread revival is fail.
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

Disagree.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information