Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A new Ferrari ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer
    Are you sure about that? I thought it was kind of an unwritten rule at Ferrari that there are to be no more than 5000 cars produced?
    I don't have inside info when I comment on production increase. I just thought that market circumstances are roght for such a move. If Ferrari has to gain more than it has to lose, then why not.
    After all as you mentioned, in the past years they have increased their production very much, after the introduction of the 360.

Also something else that for me is an indication (not a proof ,though) on expansion strategy. They opened new showrooms in the States (on of the main Ferrari markets). Now, when you have a fixed production of a small number of cars, it is not wise to open many showrooms. The more showrooms you open, the more expenses you get. So you have a situation with fixed income and increasing expenses, Not a very wise move I'd say

But as I said before it's all speculation. Only time will tell...

To be honest I don't quite understand the marketing strategies at the Fiat Group. They want to move Ferrari downwards (with the hipotetic new Dino), but at the same Alfa Romeo is moving upwards with the forthcoming Brera GTA, itself a 400bhp sportscar. And Lancia is also planned to move upwards, altough more as an elegant complement to the "sporty" Alfa Romeo. So we would have two 400bhp sportscars from the same group the Dino and the Brera GTA... And furthermore where does that leave Maserati? They have virtually no space for new models. The next Coupe was going to be a GT evolution fo the current car with a more powerful engine, but it seems those plans have been replaced by a derivative of the Brera with V8 engines... so what we would have here are three cars from the same group fighting for the same market... does that make any sense economically?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer
    I don't think Ferrari are in charge of Maserati anymore. They were until recently, but I think they've been shifted on to Alfa Romeo like the hot-potato of the FIAT group!
    Wrong. FIAT owns shares of Maserari, maybe like 30-40%. They used the money that GM Italia gave to them for buying FIAT scrap. I can't say whether its a good move or not. FIAT are already in deep ****, not to get profit until '06 IF they sell good, so what the hell are they doing with Maserati? More so, with the money that could've been so instrumental to them? BUT, on the other side, if Meserati sells then they are gonna get some money anyway, so it kinda makes sense, no? However, we're not here to talk about this right now. The fact is, Ferrari are still head control of Maserati because handling total or major power to FIAT would've been to risky to the company again. If FIAT goes boom, so does Maserati. Ferrari are 24/7 backup if FIAT does go boom. They're very interested in Maserati because its surging back up again and theres definite investment there. So while FIAT may pretend to handle Maserati on the beach while the sun sets down, Ferrari is the big red eyes that look from above where the sky is already black.

EDIT: Ferrer makes a shitload of sense though in his last post. I guess its something we all need to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by Piacki_117
    Do you think ferrari will make a small car with a small V8 to compete with the 997 Carrera S and the Aston V8 Vantage ?
    In Sport Auto , the car annouced to compete the aston and the porsche was the F430

Ferrari should be carefull

I hope Ferrari don't make a "baby" car. I can only guess that if they want to make a cheaper entry level car, then performance and quality will suffer.

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    Quote Originally Posted by capone
    I hope Ferrari don't make a "baby" car. I can only guess that if they want to make a cheaper entry level car, then performance and quality will suffer.
    Nah-ah

Performance will be Ferrari and Quality will be Ferrari. Those are strict policies there. I think what you're really trying to say is the car itself and the reputation of the company, isn't it?
    Granted, Ferrari quality isn't always the greatest and some of their recent cars haven't been up to standard. But I still think its more of the reputation that will go.

By baby car, however, I have difficulty in getting a picture of what you're saying. 200BHP, 300BHP, 400BHP?

200BHP will be killer stupid and won't do anyone any good. Right now Ferrari should concentrate on making something like the Enzo but as beautiful as the MC12. Can't even get their cars right anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by forza_autodelta
    In Sport Auto , the car annouced to compete the aston and the porsche was the F430

This month, they wrote: "ce projet Ferrari devrait voir le jour en 2007", which we can translate by "this project may (might?) be produced in 2007"
    They didn't say other things about this new car, except it could be named "Dino" or "California". This article was accompanied by a pathetic photoshop.

you're speaking about the Dino, sorry piacki , the design isn't very original , Ferrari should take a liquidizer and put some models in , they will arrive to create something better...

ferrai actually might make a lower priced entry model read it in local car magazine. its ment to be called ferrari california with a small v8 and priced around 250 to 300 thousand australian dollars. 911 carrera costs 210 grand

oh yeh and the artists impression looked awesome and for all u smucks, the majority of maserati is owned by fiat and maserati is now linked with alfa romeo.

I don't think should make as it would probably look as good as the rest of their line (excluding the 575), which means it would look bad.

i think, like ferrer said, that it would be economically unsound to do such a thing.

Ferrari should stick to what they do best, make tremendously performant, exclusive stylish and expensive cars. since they are loosing the "stylish" aspect (with ecent styling flops such as the 612 and the F430), they should just concentrate on getting that straightened out.
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

TZING!

Quote Originally Posted by aNOBLEman
    I don't think should make as it would probably look as good as the rest of their line (excluding the 575), which means it would look bad.
    Yeah right, as Noble is THE example in styling ever seen the Playstation interior? Style is a personal mather, but I think Noble exceeds that

If that pictures approaches the final looks of the Imola, it will be promising, looks very agressive.

i wish they had the 355 again, with a proper manual shift 6 speed and a newer engine
    its a classic and the styling is still attractive compared to today's cars which are all "organic" (i dont care what you say but the hold nothing against the old cars)
    with some modern touches (no electronic aids ... well atleast make it an option instead of standard) a 355 would be much cheaper and attractive then a 911

the 360 was good and all but .... in terms of importance and awe factor ... 355 owns all

Thread Information