Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Pontiac Fiero

Quote Originally Posted by Prius
    I had my hopes up when I saw it on the home page, but looking at it now, you'd have to be an idiot to believe in that.
    You'd have to be an idiot to believe the Fiero was worth building in the first place.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

The Fiero was a good idea, but GM executed it the wrong way. At least Toyota hit the mark when it made the MR2
    I have found a new love in the form of a tristar.

Haha, that's blatently a corvette chop.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

I think it looks sweet.

If they do build the new Fiero, it will probably be based on the Speedster/VX220 (right?). I have seen something that looks VERY close to the Speedster in some GM commercials for the "Employe Pricing" deal going on right now.

EDIT: No, I'm not back in Virginia yet, but I should be back by 3:30pm on Friday, Sept. 10.
    Last edited by DodgeNitroBIRM; 09-08-2005 at 06:29 PM.
    "You know what these trees and old people have in common? They're both going in the ground soon!" - Bam Margera

"The day the New York Times defines what Country Music is will be the day I shave my legs with a butter knife." - John Rich, of the country band Big and Rich

I'll be 15 on Feb. 18th, so buy me a drink! (Hint: Don't look at it as the decimal number. <smirks>)

Quote Originally Posted by DodgeNitroBIRM
    I have seen something that looks VERY close to the Speedster in some GM commercials for the "Employe Pricing" deal going on right now.
    Two Words: Saturn Sky

I must say that is a very fake chop, i could believe maybe Pontiac using a couple similar parts but seriously, headlamps that are that distinctive, how could they pull that one off?

Quote Originally Posted by deffenbaugh03
    Two Words: Saturn Sky

I must say that is a very fake chop, i could believe maybe Pontiac using a couple similar parts but seriously, headlamps that are that distinctive, how could they pull that one off?
    But the Sky isn't being built of of that platform (the same as the Pontiac Solstice). The Opel Speedster is Mid-engined. I wouldn't mind having the Speedster, unless there are some issues I should be made aware of (recalls, mechanical issues, ride, etc.)
    "You know what these trees and old people have in common? They're both going in the ground soon!" - Bam Margera

"The day the New York Times defines what Country Music is will be the day I shave my legs with a butter knife." - John Rich, of the country band Big and Rich

I'll be 15 on Feb. 18th, so buy me a drink! (Hint: Don't look at it as the decimal number. <smirks>)

Nice...but it better have a LS2

Diego Garcia, British Indian Ocean Territories.
    It never ceases to amaze me how many pictures end up on the internet regarding "new" GM cars.

You would think after all the false posts of "new" GM cars people would have learned how hard GM slams the lid shut on what they are going to release.

After the early photos of the Z06, two people that were found to be responsible were fired from GM.

If you really want to know what is going on with future GM cars; do a google search on Scott Settlemeir, Fbodyfather or Redplanet. Scott is the Camaro Brand manager and is very active on the internet. If you take the time to read his stuff you will learn a lot about how a major automotive manufacturer works. It will be quite eye-opening for you.
    Current Vehicles:
    2004 350Z Track
    2000 Camaro SS (Too many mods to list)
    2000 Durango (Wifes rig)

Previous cars of note:
    1964 Impala SS
    1969 GTO Judge
    1970 240Z
    1973 GTO
    1978 280Z
    1979 280ZXR
    1986 Corvette
    1997 Camaro Z28 30th Anniversary Edition

i don't think pontiac would do a new fireo with the soleste coming out soon
    but if they did it better be rear engined and not look anything like a Vette

totally a C6 chop, but if that baby vette was out......pontiac would sell them like hot cakes

Quote Originally Posted by DodgeNitroBIRM
    But the Sky isn't being built of of that platform (the same as the Pontiac Solstice). The Opel Speedster is Mid-engined. I wouldn't mind having the Speedster, unless there are some issues I should be made aware of (recalls, mechanical issues, ride, etc.)
    Yep, the Speedster has a big issue. It isn't waterproof .

Quote Originally Posted by Prius
    I had my hopes up when I saw it on the home page, but looking at it now, you'd have to be an idiot to believe in that.
    I had my hopes up that you'd get your hopes up

It looks like someone spliced a Lamborghini Gallardo or Murcielago with a C6. Obviously it's a chop, and although it's poorly done... it does have relatively good lines. It would be a waste because Fiero's SU... um.. erm, well.. they did not reach GM's "high quality" standard during production when they were still being sold. Um, yes.

note: on a second look, I've decided I think that chop is ugly.

Concept Fiero

I never said it was real. (Concept), It came from GM.

Comments are great!

Not trying to fool anyone either....

Thread Information