Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Audi RS4 vs. Ferrari F430

Never knew, always thought once the front was over it would smack down on the speed bump for some reason, heh i've learned something today

Quote Originally Posted by redlightrunner
    Never knew, always thought once the front was over it would smack down on the speed bump for some reason, heh i've learned something today
    You're judging by the prat ricers in Crowthorne High Street...

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    As someone said long time ago, Ferrari is the most arrogant car company these days, a feeling enhanced by their "supporters". Of course I'd like to try all their range, but if I had to have one everyday I'd rather have a Maserati or an Aston Martin.
    Yeah and not an Audi.

The day i ll pick an Audi over a Ferrari , i ll be dead . The RS4 is probably a very fine car. The Ferrari is an experience.

Quote Originally Posted by amenasce
    Yeah and not an Audi.
    Excuse me. What exactly is wrong with Audi?

Start running...

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    Excuse me. What exactly is wrong with Audi?

Start running...

He said Maserati and Aston Martin as to what he would pick over a Ferrari , funny he didnt say Audi..

The ferrari image is only spoiled because of the stereotype behind the owners. When people think ferrari owners, they think about snobs that want to take every chance to show to the public how much money they have. They don't think that perhaps the owner is truly passionate about the car and works themselves to the ground just to maintain it (those people do exist). Now generally, they aren't the latter, and that's unfortunate because they ruin it for the true enthusiast owners. If Ferrari had as subtle a profile as Audi, then people would no doubt pick Ferrari over Audi when it came to true driving passion and experience in every aspect of the car. I couldn't imagine someone taking a 4door high performance car for any reason other than not wanting to be stereotyped for a snob, as is the case with Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by RobPorsche
    The ferrari image is only spoiled because of the stereotype behind the owners. When people think ferrari owners, they think about snobs that want to take every chance to show to the public how much money they have. They don't think that perhaps the owner is truly passionate about the car and works themselves to the ground just to maintain it (those people do exist). Now generally, they aren't the latter, and that's unfortunate because they ruin it for the true enthusiast owners. If Ferrari had as subtle a profile as Audi, then people would no doubt pick Ferrari over Audi when it came to true driving passion and experience in every aspect of the car. I couldn't imagine someone taking a 4door high performance car for any reason other than not wanting to be stereotyped for a snob, as is the case with Ferrari.
    I'd take the Audi because I genuinely prefer the styling and practicality over the Ferrari.

When I do those comparisons, I weigh up what I'd have in the real world... and to be honest, about £50k spare change would get me some new guitars to shove in the boot of the Audi, and I like the subtle styling hints. I also think it's a more attractive car overall- Ferraris of late (like BMW) have tried too hard to be individual, and have ended up atrocious as a result.

If it was a 360 Modena, I'd be more tempted to take the Ferrari. But it's not. So I won't.

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    I'd take the Audi because I genuinely prefer the styling and practicality over the Ferrari.

When I do those comparisons, I weigh up what I'd have in the real world... and to be honest, about £50k spare change would get me some new guitars to shove in the boot of the Audi, and I like the subtle styling hints. I also think it's a more attractive car overall- Ferraris of late (like BMW) have tried too hard to be individual, and have ended up atrocious as a result.

If it was a 360 Modena, I'd be more tempted to take the Ferrari. But it's not. So I won't.
    And the 360 wasn't trying to be individual?
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

Quote Originally Posted by 6'bore
    And the 360 wasn't trying to be individual?
    There's a difference between individual and ****ing ugly. You'll note I said ''trying too hard" to be individual.

It's just difficult to grasp why your opinion is so due to the fact the 360 and F430 have a very similar design. The F430 has alot harsher lines where as the 360 has flowing lines, apart from that they look very similar.
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

Quote Originally Posted by 6'bore
    It's just difficult to grasp why your opinion is so due to the fact the 360 and F430 have a very similar design. The F430 has alot harsher lines where as the 360 has flowing lines, apart from that they look very similar.
    I'm more for flowing lines. Out of the Enzo and MC12, I'll always pick the MC12. I hate the Gallardo in your avatar. I like something fluid.

I think where it stems from are the girls who are anorexic and still complain about their weight. They have bones jutting out at awkward angles, or 'harsher lines', as you'd call them.

Real women have curves. Real cars have curves.

Good point. Isn't the F430 to the 360 what the F355 was to the 348? Ie: more of an update than a completely new car?

^^ Meant at 6'bore ^^

And flowing lines are great, but I absolutely hated the jelly-mould era of the early nineties. All cars had soft lines. The harder styling of the 2000-onwards cars was a welcome change.
    Last edited by Kooper; 08-12-2006 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kooper
    And flowing lines are great, but I absolutely hated the jelly-mould era of the early nineties. All cars had soft lines. The harder styling of the 2000-onwards cars was a welcome change.
    Flowing is different to soft. A Morris Minor is soft, but you wouldn't exactly call it flowing.

I like cars to look fast when they're standing still. They have to have curvy lines that go somewhere- a reason I always liked BMWs (pre-Bangle). They had the Hofmeister kink, which made the shoulders flow more, in turn adding to the swooping effect of the car.

And don't get me wrong... but not all manufacturers went for the jelly-mould look. Peugeot had a range of distinctly sharp-edged cars (106, 406, 306...), Jaguar utilised a vintage-looking upright stance (see the XJR), Mercedes kept the trend of nuclear-bunker looks & quality going (the generation after the 300E and 190E weren't exactly soft either, the S-Class changed that near the 21st century).

Point taken.

Yep, not all cars were soft back in the 90s, but most were. And I can see your point of wanting cars to "look fast when they're standing still". A case of preferring functional flowing lines over random roundness?

That's probably why you like Audi's styling as well? I too liked their now discontinued Bauhaus styling very much, and their new design direction is attractive also.

Styling is always a difficult thing for me to discuss, since what you like I may not. But yeah, I catch your drift.

Thread Information