Thread: Official UCP COTY awards

My votes go to:

.Ferrari 599 GTB
    .Porsche 997 GT3
    .Fiat Panda 100hp

jag xkr
    freelander2
    autozine.org

If I may, can I suggest to halt the entrants here until there's a very well thought out set of rules to which the entrants must adhere. Currently there's '05 and older models being considered for what is an '06 event.

I put it forth that all the entrants have to be released in '06, and this includes facelifts and upgrades.
    Furthermore I suggest that cars within a range are counted as one (i.e. BMW 735i and 745i or Mercedes-Benz CLK320 and CLK430), but special/upgraded editions count as a seperate car (i.e. BMW 3 series v BMW 335i/d, Holden Commodore VE v Holden Commodore VE SS), otherwise high-end cars get discounted because they're under-represented by a base model.
    No concept cars or as yet un-released cars should be considered, as they have not actually been introduced in 2006.

Anyone agree/dis-agree and/or have suggested rules?

Quote Originally Posted by Sauc3
    If I may, can I suggest to halt the entrants here until there's a very well thought out set of rules to which the entrants must adhere. Currently there's '05 and older models being considered for what is an '06 event.

I put it forth that all the entrants have to be released in '06, and this includes facelifts and upgrades.
    Furthermore I suggest that cars within a range are counted as one (i.e. BMW 735i and 745i or Mercedes-Benz CLK320 and CLK430), but special/upgraded editions count as a seperate car (i.e. BMW 3 series v BMW 335i/d, Holden Commodore VE v Holden Commodore VE SS), otherwise high-end cars get discounted because they're under-represented by a base model.
    No concept cars or as yet un-released cars should be considered, as they have not actually been introduced in 2006.

i like this idea. and on that note, i vote 997 GT3 RS.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Pagani Zonda F, best current supercar
    Volvo S80, because it's swedish
    FIAT Panda 100hp, great fun for little money
    Team Fiattitude

Nominations
    Fiat Panda 100HP - Italian joie de vivre
    Citroen C6 - Citroen is back
    Volvo C30 - Suprisingly desirable Volvo
    EDIT - Changed one of my nominations
    Last edited by Ferrer; 12-13-2006 at 01:52 PM.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Lexus IS 220d - Quality, looks, economy.
    Bugatti Veyron - Technology, engineering, supercar, SuperGT
    Fiat Grande Punto - Great design, well built, image changer for a whole brand.
    Last edited by ruim20; 12-13-2006 at 11:58 AM.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Can i add on what was discussed above?

e.g Merc CLS55AMG are counted in as CLS as well. But Brabus CLS Rocket can be nominated side by side CLS.

e.g Panda can be nominated beside Panda 100HP

e.g A3 Sportsback can be nominated along A3 (3 door VS 5 door)

e.g Golf GTi can be nominated alongside Golf as well as R32

e.g Avants/Wagons/Sportswagon cannot be nominated alongside Saloons/Sedans

e.g Brera can be nominated alongside 159 (even if it seems like a hatch variant)

e.g Cabrio's can be nominated alongside coupes

Above mentioned are examples, from my comprehension of Sauc3's suggestions; to make myself and others clear.

BUT: I do think that if UCP's view is on the market performance, economy, package bla bla.... that would be too much of a consumer's point of view, rather than car enthusiasts' point of view; we should focus on the conceptualization of the model range itself, what it does to the parent company, the heritage it brings, the impact it has on motoring industry and so on.

My nominations :

Ferrari 599 GTB
    Citroën C6
    Bentley Arnage T 2006MY (the one with 507hp)

I r the crazy butcher -------------------------------------------------------- Feilding, New Zealand
    Quote Originally Posted by Ingolstadt
    BUT: I do think that if UCP's view is on the market performance, economy, package bla bla.... that would be too much of a consumer's point of view, rather than car enthusiasts' point of view; we should focus on the conceptualization of the model range itself, what it does to the parent company, the heritage it brings, the impact it has on motoring industry and so on.
    I tried to bring that under "X factor". A factor that has nothing to do with the physical build.
    I'm afraid this is a signature, a very pathetic one.

Thats what i suggested...Im up for it obviously...

Interesting to see the Panda 100HP ahead of everyone else by a long way and the C6 in joint second. I certainly didn't expect it.

And it shoul be only for 2006 cars, shouldn't it?
    Last edited by Ferrer; 12-13-2006 at 01:32 PM.
    Visca Catalunya!

I r the crazy butcher -------------------------------------------------------- Feilding, New Zealand
    Quote Originally Posted by Timeh
    ..... to do is to EDIT your original list. Your top THREE cars must have been released in 2006......
    Slightly modified the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolstadt
    Can i add on what was discussed above?

e.g Merc CLS55AMG are counted in as CLS as well. But Brabus CLS Rocket can be nominated side by side CLS.

e.g Panda can be nominated beside Panda 100HP

e.g A3 Sportsback can be nominated along A3 (3 door VS 5 door)

e.g Golf GTi can be nominated alongside Golf as well as R32

e.g Avants/Wagons/Sportswagon cannot be nominated alongside Saloons/Sedans

e.g Brera can be nominated alongside 159 (even if it seems like a hatch variant)

e.g Cabrio's can be nominated alongside coupes

Above mentioned are examples, from my comprehension of Sauc3's suggestions; to make myself and others clear.

BUT: I do think that if UCP's view is on the market performance, economy, package bla bla.... that would be too much of a consumer's point of view, rather than car enthusiasts' point of view; we should focus on the conceptualization of the model range itself, what it does to the parent company, the heritage it brings, the impact it has on motoring
    If everyone can take these into account when nominating, that would be much appreciated.

Then some cars should be "de-nominated".
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    Then some cars should be "de-nominated".
    I trust people will edit their nominations so they coincide with the new rules.

Thread Information