Thread: Casimir Ragot CRS001

Casimir Ragot CRS001

Casimir Ragot had a car workshop in the South of France, and was also a keen racing driver. Not satisfied with the Bugattis he had raced before, he set out to construct his own car, which he entered successfully in some races during 1931 en 1932.

Dubbed CRS 001 (Casimir Ragot Speciale #1), the car sported a nice body and a very low chassis. Although some say it is based on a Bugatti, other sources indicate that Ragot built all the parts himself, except the engine. He used a 1500 cc 4 cylinder Fiat engine, to which he fitted a Cozette supercharger. Power is quoted as 140 BHP at 6000 revs, which might be a tat optimistic. Nevertheless a top speed of over 180 kph was claimed. The car weighed in only 650 kg.

The car has survived and now on permanent display in the small Musee de Sanxet in the Dordogne region. It came out to join the excellent collection of classic cars that was shown during the 2006 Paris Motorshow.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

That looks very good indeed. Thanks for sharing, Pieter.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Pieter, you say: 'The car has survived...'

did anything happen to the car?
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

Quote Originally Posted by jorismo View Post
    Pieter, you say: 'The car has survived...'

did anything happen to the car?
    well, many "specials" have simply disappeared, but not this one...survived in this context means, "it still exists"
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Beautiful car. Nice pics
    Nulla tenaci invia est via

OMG! Perfect!

Thread Information