Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any bikers?

Any bikers?

Any motorcycle riders here?
    Just curious as I'm looking at some right now.

I've forgotten how fun those little crotch rockets can be, and are pretty cheap compared to a new car.

So, if there are any riders, mind telling me what you ride or have ridden?

yes, but I prefer the bike without engine assistance....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

we just came into possession of an old ducati, but i have no intention of riding it since i am certain large amounts of pain will ensue
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    yes, but I prefer the bike without engine assistance....
    same here...Giant Iguana 7950 Cro-Moly 1995

Quote Originally Posted by Gtek-i
    same here...Giant Iguana 7950 Cro-Moly 1995
    Jan Janssen Vector (aluminium 7005)
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I had a Honda Shadow 750 that I sold 3 months ago, and I am now looking for something more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    Jan Janssen Vector (aluminium 7005)
    Still i prefer the good ol'Gazelle Trendy i own(see pic) It has done close to 20.000 km in its lifetime

I also own a Batavus Trapper,which i got for free at the scrapyard It is rusted on every single part
    Attached Images Attached Images

No, but I really want to, especially with fuel prices the way they are. Hopefully next year I'll be able to afford to get my licence and a bike as I will only be doing 3 units at uni and will be able to work more. Probably get a Honda VTR 250 or something similar. No fairing to destroy when I inevitably drop it, and according to the guy at my work who has one, damn good fun because you can turn in more.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Well I go for the Kaptein Solido and my Trek Madone SSL. I use the Kaptein for school and the Trek for keeping in shape during the off season and to go touring with my cousin.

But wait, this is really off topic isn't it?

Anyway, for the motorbikes part now. I'm planning to first get my bike licence and then my car driving licence. I live in quite a 'big' city and a bike comes way more handy here. Also cheaper to have and more practical. I'm not sure what I'm going to buy but a BMW F seems good to me
    Last edited by jorismo; 05-29-2006 at 04:06 AM.
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

Bandit.
    Engine currently in bits
    Back on road in time for trip to South France in a few weeks.

You want a push bike .........
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Yamaha Scooter.

I've riden a Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R, older model. That was a blast. My friend had a Buell with an aftermarket exhaust pipe on it and boy was it LOUD.

I don't ride now, because I don't have a motorcycle, but I'm getting one here in the next two or three years, 'cause as much as I love cars, motorcycles are much less trouble
    pondering things

Quote Originally Posted by targa
    as much as I love cars, motorcycles are much less trouble
    exactly!! They can be more fun too. Sand and rocks on the road suck though!

Quote Originally Posted by RobPorsche
    exactly!! They can be more fun too. Sand and rocks on the road suck though!
    adn Volvo drivers !!

Actualy in teh UK they've just published report on research on why drivers pull ou in front of motorbikes at junctions.

After decades of trying to teach them to LOOK more for bikes it turns out that drivers ALWYS underestimate motorbike approach speed and in fact they HAVE seen the bike but are up to 50% OUT on estimating tiem to reach them.

Bikers are more used to controllign and riding WITH bikes and so have a better ability to time the arrival and correctly determine if they can move out into the traffic in their cars or their bikes.

Another Matra-mantra ..... learn motorbikes off-road. Learn to drive a car ON road and build up the skills ( ie vanishing point, hazard perception, accident avoidance etc ) THEN get a small motorbike 600ish and ride for a year or two, THEN get a real bike. Best way to stay alive and intact for as long as possible.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information