Track day with small video, shock horror the brake conversion worked

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brakes worked fantastic, dropped 2 secs a lap straight away down from a 29 to a flat 27, didnt fade, plenty of bite, car needs still more rear brake. Might try a different bias adjuster had mine full rear and still needs more. The new rear Konis have got rid of the nervousness from the rear Thought I was flying round, nephew took it for a spin and did a 1.25 flat then a mid 24, he rekons a high 22 is very acheivable He was braking probably 100 metres latter than me everywhere and on the power a lot earlier everywhere. Lap record for Mallala is a 1.25.1 for class D U1600, so the car has plenty of potential. I just need to learn to drive faster . Car goes to paint on Thursday, then its stickered up and ready for action

Courtesy
Mallala Motor Sport

Class

Improved Production
D U1600 Rob Hankinson (DATSUN 510) 01:25.1

Heres a vid of it from the northern to turn 1, mate's chasing me in his RX4 IP car with 13 Bp in it, you can hear the quad ITB's down the start/finish straight then his rotor noise takes over. He had me on the straights but I got out the corners that much quicker I always gapped him by a couple, he' much later on the brakes than me, I still not fully confident with them yet

YouTube - KE25