Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: He's a certified halfwit

He's a certified halfwit

Don't hold back, Mr Mosley...

Formula 1 : News Mosley - F1-Live.com

Mosley ridicules Stewart
    Former champion slammed

Stewart was vocal in support of McLaren ahead of the second hearing in Paris Max Mosley has lashed out at Sir Jackie Stewart following the famous Scot's strong criticism of how the FIA handled the espionage saga.

Triple world champion Stewart, who still attends every race as a sponsor representative, was a regular media commentator throughout the affair that he ultimately branded a "witch-hunt" that unfairly pursued McLaren and Ron Dennis.

Stewart, who is 68, also said the World Motor Sport Council's sanctions probably wouldn't have held up in a normal civil court.

"I thought that it was handled very poorly," Stewart said recently, "and I think (the fine) was (handed down) because it would get an immense amount of attention globally."

"It seems some of the most powerful people (in F1) are more aligned to Ferrari. There are more Ferrari representatives on the World Council than anybody else."

In a media lunch in London on Monday, FIA President Mosley hit back with rancour as he dismissed Stewart as a 'certified halfwit' who dresses oddly.

He did not refer to the Scot by name, but was quoted by the Daily Mail as saying: "There's one particular ex-driver who because he never stops talking, never has the chance to listen - so he doesn't know what's going on.

"It's annoying that some of the sponsors listen to him because he's won a few championships. But nobody else in Formula One does - not the teams, not the drivers. He's a figure of fun among drivers," Mosley added.

Mosley also apparently poked fun at Stewart's tartan trousers and caps, adding: "He goes round dressed up as a 1930s music hall man. He's a certified halfwit."

ALthough Mosely may be wrong, that article is heavily biased, I mean they even called it a "witch hunt"

Right or wrong, there's no need for violent personal attacks like these.
    Live for Speed - Online Racing Simulator
    http://www.liveforspeed.net

This is the same Mosley slamming the teams endless spending, after it was his organisation that forced them to double the life expectancy of the engines for 2 consecutive years in 2004-5, before introducing the V8's in 2006. Great work Max!
    I am the Stig

Oh dear god. This is like George W. Bush calling Abraham Lincoln a jackass.

Yeah, it could be true, but c'mon? Ever heard of respect?
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Jackie said:

"I thought that it was handled very poorly," Stewart said recently, "and I think (the fine) was (handed down) because it would get an immense amount of attention globally."
    Now Jackie's words are playing right into Mosley's hands. Max can take his comments and snipe back at him which creates more F1 drama which hits the news and forums. Win/win for Max.

i thought this was about Bush
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck View Post
    ALthough Mosely may be wrong, that article is heavily biased, I mean they even called it a "witch hunt"
    How does quoting Stewart make the article biased?

Max Mosley, coincidentally, son of "20th Century's worst Briton".
    Last edited by Coventrysucks; 09-26-2007 at 02:29 AM.

The head of the FIA first of all commenting on someone else's opinion this manner is absolutely unacceptable and shockingly unprofessional. I have never heard a commissioner of a major sports league in North America ever speak with such lack of respect about another person connecting to the sport offering an opinion. In my inexperience the messages form the heads of various sport' leagues always speak in a very sanitized and politically correct way, and certainly no personal attacks of this magnitude would be tolerated by those inside the sport or fans.

For a valid concern such as Jackie Stewart's to be utterly dismissed and for Max Mosley to treat him in such way is just another indicator (and one of many) of the man's domineering confrontational attitude. He is a poor representative of the legislative side of the sport just as Bernie Ecclestone is a poor leader of the sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks View Post
    Max Mosley, coincidentally, son of "20th Century's worst Briton".
    What do you mean by this?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    What do you mean by this?
    His father was voted "20th Century's worst Briton".

HTH

I believe Hitler was present at his parents wedding. am I Wrong?

These days the politics and spy scandals are the most interesting part of F1. how sad is that?
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    These days the politics and spy scandals are the most interesting part of F1. how sad is that?
    I'm still more interested in the tech side, i dont bother giving too much attention to the political side although its getting too out of hand definately.
    I am the Stig

the Tech has it's merits, yes.

But finding out that sweeping the wing another .00006 of a degree creates extra downforce is not really that interesting to the general public.

they love tabloid stories of good/evil, rich/underdog. and thats what F1 is providing with these stupid people & their petty squabbles.

much annoyance.

Thats just sports in general though, witness the sudden local media frenzy over Casey Stoner. Where the fck were they 6 months ago?
    I am the Stig

Theres an aussie aspect to that story - something the local media loves.

Why do you think there was so much coverage of that Thai plane crash? if there wasn't an Australian on board it would have been a snippet on the "World News" bulletin.

Thread Information