Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Is the Zonda fugly or is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by teatako
    lets make no mistakes, i realise the zonda is an incredible achievement, a very fast car in anyone´s book and i just said in another forum topic it is a very influential car that will undoubtedly have a following among carmakers.

but it is really very ugly!

Lets start with the new Zonda F badge, they put a little horizontal line on the Z so that the Z resembles the F. but it really only makes it look like the car is called Fonda. the little mirrors just look so flimsy, and in the previous Zonda S they really didnt look very useful (im sure they did work, but then why change the location?)

then theres the proportions. theyre just...ugly and awkward. soa re the new headlamps which look like they got them wrong on how the CAD data was transferred to the carbon fibre and it was too expensive to manufacture the cars front end all over again. then theres the machine gun exhaust that is just terrible and with those taillights that look completely out of proportion.

it seems to me theres too much space between the greenhouse and the rear wheel. and there seems to be a whole lot of flat planes with no lines or anything to give those body panels some character.

then theres the interior. its just tasteless isnt it. i mean, ive seen examples with carbon fibre elements such as the handbrake, the dashboard....and red leather, with tons of ornaments and worst of all, quilted seats and door upholstery. why couldnt they put an aluminium dashboard and peanut colored leather. they should look at the Spyker cars to see where quilted patterns work and how to make them work. that carbon and leather looks especially nasty with the steering wheel and its lower part made of wood. Wood! on a modern sports car! with a carbon fibre dashboard! horror of horrors i think. makes the hot wheels-designed interior of the f430 look harmonious by comparison.

so, as a conclusion, it might be one of the best supercars ever made, but that doesnt take away the fact that the Pagani Zonda is fugly.
    This is one of the worst things I have ever read.
    My other signature has a V12

when a car can do waht a zonda can. u won't have time to look at its ugly. althoguh i like its looks.

I can't comprehend...

The Zonda is a masterpiece of metal; bold, and something different in style. So much detail and craftsmanship whent into the car; you don't see that much with mass-marketed hard plastic. When it comes to the soul of the car it's performance, it's simply mind-blowing.

I got the chance to be a passenger in one three months back. I'm actually interested that a couple people on this post mentioned seeing one; however, they are much more common in parts of Europe I suppose.

zonda is nice lookin

MAY BE IT'S JUST TO MUSCULAR FOR YOU , DUDE
    GO FOR A CIVIC
    can Desire be engineered ?

thanks for reviving an old thread.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

It looks ugly
    i'll admit it
    but it's just so beutiful from a performance oriented view
    besides you get used it
    The Zonda F looks better than other zaondas espeically in black
    and if you could buy one
    You'd be looking at the onterior most of the time
    which is beautiful

its a stunning car to me and will always be!

Quote Originally Posted by furious_fiero View Post
    you're ugly.
    lol, what he said. The zonda is a masterpiece IMO. It's maybe not the best looking car/supercar out there, but it sure is beautiful
    May the downforce be with you

Its one of most beautiful car ever made

I think its a nice collection of features that don't work as well together as you'd think.

And I think if I was getting one I wouldn't consider anything other than the raw carbon fiber.

You say that until in 3 years the clearcoat was peeling and fading off your $400,000 carbon fiber car.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs View Post
    You say that until in 3 years the clearcoat was peeling and fading off your $400,000 carbon fiber car.
    First of all, I haven't priced out a Pagani lately, but as I understand they run closer to 600,000$. Second of all, if I had one I doubt it'd be spending that much time in the sun or have that many miles after three years, so if the clear coat did peel off the carbon fiber I would ask Mr. Pagani very nicely to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by NicFromLA View Post
    First of all, I haven't priced out a Pagani lately, but as I understand they run closer to 600,000$. Second of all, if I had one I doubt it'd be spending that much time in the sun or have that many miles after three years, so if the clear coat did peel off the carbon fiber I would ask Mr. Pagani very nicely to fix it.
    You mean nicelong checkly?

Saw one at an auto show once --> only car to ever make my jaw just flat out drop and have me stare for a good 5 seconds before I even realized. So beautiful
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Not to crazy about it my self. But it is fast.
    What happens if you get scared half to death, twice?
    Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Thread Information