Thread: Hyundai Concept Genesis

Hyundai Concept Genesis

Hey Everyone!,

What do you all think about the Hyundai Genesis? It honestly looks amazing and its features are also amazing. You get features, quality, and performance all at a great price!

The production car has actually been presented some weeks ago.

It'll probably be a very good car, but in my opinion it looks tacky.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

To be honest, I think it looks quite good, apart from the grille and emblem.

looks very american, havent heard anything about a new hyundai for australia.
    The Datto will rage again...

Its nice looks like a Benz to me.
    What happens if you get scared half to death, twice?
    Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    Its an elegant car. I think Hyundai may want to think about making a new marque and splitting its lines between the elegant, like this, and the sport enthusiast such as the Tiburon and wild genesis concept with the vented hood and angry orange color(which I'm guessing does not exist now that this is the official version).

A previous thread mentioned that Hyundai has a young design team and haven't really congealed their image yet; feeling out a lot of different directions.

I think at this time they have enough potential to do both branches rather well.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Looks like a lexus gone wrong to me
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

Isn't it a couple of decades to late for for Hyundai to release its Genesis? After being stuck in traffic behind a 15year-old (smoking) S-coupe yesterday I would like to add: you've come a long way Hyundai! I actually like this car alot.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalcraft View Post
    Its an elegant car. I think Hyundai may want to think about making a new marque and splitting its lines between the elegant, like this, and the sport enthusiast such as the Tiburon and wild genesis concept with the vented hood and angry orange color(which I'm guessing does not exist now that this is the official version).

A previous thread mentioned that Hyundai has a young design team and haven't really congealed their image yet; feeling out a lot of different directions.

I think at this time they have enough potential to do both branches rather well.
    Agreed. IIRC, they own KIA MotorCorp, so they can use the Lexus/Toyota/Scion approach. That way, Kia can do the sporty cars, while Hyundai will represent the luxury side.

5 series + the front of an S or E Class Merc?

Thats the vibes i'm getting from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    Agreed. IIRC, they own KIA MotorCorp, so they can use the Lexus/Toyota/Scion approach. That way, Kia can do the sporty cars, while Hyundai will represent the luxury side.
    I've been one off the onlookers of a presentation by Hyundai's Chief Product Planning on the Rüsselsheim R&D center. Basically this is the approach they are going for. Hyundai will be positioned between Mercedes, BMW and Audi. This means they (try and)will lose their very cheap-ass image and offer a somewhat cheaper alternative with top-notch technology. Kia on the other hand is a part that I mostly forgot about The amount of alcohol in my blood won't help too much with remembering either Anyway... if you are reeeeeaaaalllly kind to me, I might try and find the notes I took tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    it'll be an extremely cold day in hell the day I'll buy a Kia sports car... Seriously speaking i think the new Genesis is very interesting and really it looks pretty good. I personally think it'll do well because the brand's been getting progressively more popular in North America. I wonder if they're still gonna make the coupe they were promising to beat the Mustang with.

Thread Information