Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Mustang Reveal

2010 Mustang Reveal

The big reveal is tomorrow at the LA autoshow - despite what you think (love it or hate it) are you psyched?
    -- z

*I work closely with Ford and have access to a lot of Mustang stuff that I want to share with you! Message me if there is anything you are looking for and can't find :)

I'm not really psyched. Odds are it's an evolutionary car...

and by odds, I mean the media shots I've seen of it already look a lot like the car they're making today with subtle, but nice, enhancements.
    ...Utah! Get me two...

Yeah real psyched, they aren't changing any engine specs but the new styling is minimal but okay. Its not amazing, though it is an improvement.

I don't love it but its an alright car.
    Miscommunication seems to be a direct result of misplaced, text based sarcasm.

Ask me in another day after it's revealed. No I am not that pumped for it, I didn't even know it was going to happen. I doubt it will be that exciting though.

hmmm a bit i guess although the changes arent that amazing or anything from i have seen it looks better

I think it should be similar to the car out but I'd hope the enhancements aren't as small as usual.
    You can call me scott.

The current Mustang with a V6 is one of the worst cars I've ever driven. I've heard the V8 is a little better, but not much. So to answer your question, unless BMW did all the engineering on the new one but on the outside it pretty much looks the same (it is a very nice looking car), no.
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by NicFromLA View Post
    The current Mustang with a V6 is one of the worst cars I've ever driven. I've heard the V8 is a little better, but not much. So to answer your question, unless BMW did all the engineering on the new one but on the outside it pretty much looks the same (it is a very nice looking car), no.
    Well considering the price I wouldn't expect a supercar.

And answering the original question, I'll be bothered when it's sold here.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

it's nice car, just not amazing

i like it...
    Everything ends at 666...
    666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666

as Nopassn said, there's nothing to be psyched about. the car is exactly the same, just a little revised in the look compartment, the technical counterpart isn't going to really change or to be something revolutionary. just a middle life restyling of a car. a car that looks ok, but it's nothing special after all, besides being a cheap introduction to the "RWD World".
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Mustang info leaked early

The info got leaked early - Thought I would share it here in case you haven't seen it plastered all over the web:

The 2010 Mustang will feature an enhanced version of the familiar 3-Valve 4.6 liter V8 we have known. It does have a Cold-Air Intake now with a mild bump to 315hp - essentially the same motivation under the hood of the 2009 Bullitt. T

There are some cool new options, packages and features to help wow you if the mild bump in horsepower didn’t. To help allow people to fine tune their Mustangs, but make production easier, Ford has created a number of packages that include a cluster of options. They are tailored to individual tastes and desires.

For the performance minded there is the GT Track Package (67T) that retails for $1,445. This includes upgraded dual piston brake calipers, performance brake pads, a faster accelerating 3.73 rear axle, and a recalibrated stability control program that allows for more squirrel.

Techies and gadget heads will want to order the Electronics Package (85X). For $2,700 you get the full boat voice activated NAV system that has a full in-dash screen, single DVD/CD/MP3 Player, DVD A/V capability and internal hard-disk. It has a 10GB jukebox for storing your MP3‘s and of course Ford’s new SYNC capability. In the package you also get dual zone climate control. When you consider all the stuff included, this is a must have package.

Heated seats are found in the Comfort Package (53B) for $575. This includes warmers, 6-way power for the passenger seat, and a slick electronic mirror w/ compass. Of course there are some stand alone options like over the roof “Le Mans” stripes from the factory for $395,and HID headlights for $525.

The Mustang will also be available for the first time with factory 19” wheels as an option. The GT Premium will come with a new 18” wheel as a starting point as well. One option, the security system for $995 seems a bit steep for hardware that is minimal at best. The optional-back up camera will be a cool gee-wiz option for those that have the factory NAV system already. It’s need is dubious however, but cool none the less.

Some new features we have not covered before in the 2010 Mustang will include Ford’s new cap-less fueling system that has a racing style self sealing fuel receptacle. The tail-lamps will also for the first time feature LED filaments with a classic sequential lighting action.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -- z

*I work closely with Ford and have access to a lot of Mustang stuff that I want to share with you! Message me if there is anything you are looking for and can't find :)

hmm.... looks nice, but ver very evolutionary. almost no difference on the flanks. i do like the grill with the tucked in lights though.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

That chisel running across the middle is hideous. Just because it worked on the Camaro it doesn´t mean it works here.

EDIT: New pics have arrived, now I love it and see the point of the chisel lulz .
    Last edited by teatako; 11-18-2008 at 12:51 PM.
    www.myspace.com/kasaky

I think it's kind of cool. Cheap power in a good looking car, and it is a (minor) improvement over the old one. Only way I'd really be psyched is if it finall got independent rear or a huge boost in power, though.

Thread Information