Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nhl

See? Everything sucks in New Jersey.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

I hate NJ. Because my buddy loves 'em. I mean, they are a great team (were I guess - no Arnott, Sykora, Stevens, Niedermeyer). I am glad they lost.

Quote Originally Posted by jorismo
    They're doing average... They just don't seem to be able to beat France and Italy to get to the group A. But recently they convinced some Dutch/Candadian rookies to choose for the Netherlands. This might be a good impulse for the whole squad.
    Stealing Canadians eh? We'll have to see about that. Also the phenomenon of Dutch-Canadians astounds me, as with German-Canadians. Who would ever want to leave those countries?!

My pal's GParents are Dutch, and their last name is Van der Zon, which I think may be the best last name of all time. The Dutch have such ill names. Waitasec. Didn't the Dutch invent skating?

Well the dutch are very good a skating but somehow the whole hockey thing just wouldn't work...

BTW, 'van der Zon' means 'of the Sun'...
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

Cool, I was wondering what that meant. I will pass that on to him, I'm not sure he knows what it means. We figured out the "of the" part. 'Nuff bout dat.

Why can the Flames win games now? What is happening? 5 in a row? I guess Kipper must finally be getting some help from the offence.

P.S. Ever notice the Miika looks EXACTLY like a stereotypical viking? I mean, just Imagine him with an axe and loincloth, and BAM! He's raping and pillaging!

Quote Originally Posted by jorismo
    Well the dutch are very good a skating but somehow the whole hockey thing just wouldn't work...

BTW, 'van der Zon' means 'of the Sun'...
    how about van der mayde? or van der vaart?
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy
    P.S. Ever notice the Miika looks EXACTLY like a stereotypical viking? I mean, just Imagine him with an axe and loincloth, and BAM! He's raping and pillaging!
    Can't help commenting when someone mentions a Finn in an international forum; if you think that Miikka looks like a viking then you should take a look at his older brother Marko, who'se also a well known hockey player here, although he never really made it to the NHL.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeTurbo
    how about van der mayde? or van der vaart?
    I gotta search for those, I don't really know what the translations are...
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

Quote Originally Posted by twinspark
    Can't help commenting when someone mentions a Finn in an international forum; if you think that Miikka looks like a viking then you should take a look at his older brother Marko, who'se also a well known hockey player here, although he never really made it to the NHL.
    Goddamn! Why is Finland so pro? 5 million people just. Lemme think of team Finland offhand. (Excuse typos) Sellane, Koivu, Jokinnen, Kipper... ok I'm lost after that but my pal and I were talking about how Finland was unusually pro for their population while watching the Leafs vs. Sabres tonight. Damn, that was a good game even though we lost 7-4 (2 empty net goals). Anyways, to conclude, beware skilled Finns.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy
    Goddamn! Why is Finland so pro? 5 million people just.
    Well, in Finland ice hockey is the number one sport whereas in almost all other european countries it's football (soccer). There's lots of outdoor ice rinks here, so lots of kids play hockey on their own time in the winter, just like in Canada I suppose. And the players you mentioned are just a handful compared to the amount of Canadian players on the same level.

Beh. We have 6 times the population and the Russians have better kids right now (Malikn, Kovalchuk, Ovechkin) - most importantly, our team is not even number one (in my eyes or the eyes of the IIHF I believe), the Swedes are too goddamned good and out loss to them in the 2002 Olympics was a great personal tragedy to me. And the events of 2006? I speak not of them. Basically, I amn not happy with the state of the Canadian National Men's Hockey Team right now.

Anyhoo, anybody in TO gonna watch the game tonight (it's on Leafs TV) vs. Washington? I always love watching Ovechkin play - he's the most exciting player in the league.

I hope my Canucks do well this year, being short half of there last years team

But they have a number 1 goalie now.

You live in Kingston and support the Canucks? Traitor.

Well, other than the Sedin twins, a little lacking on the offence it seems, hmmm?

Leafs FTW!
    If you're in control you're not going fast enough.

Quote Originally Posted by FutureGearhead
    Leafs FTW!
    Leafs will own Boston tonight

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck
    Leafs will own Boston tonight
    Error. Better win on Tuesday. Boston for ****'s sake.

Thread Information