Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Corvette ZR1 driven hard

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    Acceleration is affected by: power, torque (and their relative curves), weight, grip, gearing, aerodynamics and shift speed. So that's 4 things the GTR has over the ZR1.
    It does, but at the end of the day the power of the Z06 (not even the ZR1) makes up for it (did you watch the video?)

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx View Post
    It does, but at the end of the day the power of the Z06 (not even the ZR1) makes up for it (did you watch the video?)
    Geh, I'd have more faith in Car and Driver's quarter mile where I think the GT-R got beaten handily.

Frankly, some of the GT-R's times have been so good as to be suspicious.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Geh, I'd have more faith in Car and Driver's quarter mile where I think the GT-R got beaten handily.

Frankly, some of the GT-R's times have been so good as to be suspicious.
    Well, according to Car and Driver, the transmission was pretty banged up, so it may not be truly representative of what the car can do.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    Well, according to Car and Driver, the transmission was pretty banged up, so it may not be truly representative of what the car can do.

Hahahah the GTR and its weak transmission. What excuse do you have next? first the driver not knowing how to handle 4WD, then its the fuel, then its the launch control software, then its the temperature and now you fanbois are blaming it on the transmission. You people have gotten desperate.
    "As I walk through the valley of rice I shall fear no turbo, for torque art with me and the enemy is fat."

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    There are a few problems with your post.

1. We have no idea if the Corvette has been tuned.

2. We have no idea what GT-R the driver has. It could be a Japanese-spec GT-R, or could be something else. Plus, you can't ignore the break in period, my friend. As Road and Track proved a few years back, a slightly-higher milegae 911 Carrera S completely spanked a fresher one.

3. Oman is in the Middle East.

Therefore, to prove that this somehow shows that Nissan is cheating at the Nuerburgring would be not only be questionable, but just plain stupid. If a street race proved which car would be better, then the Toyota Corolla from Initial D must be God.

Both were stock and both were owned by the same rich arab.
    "As I walk through the valley of rice I shall fear no turbo, for torque art with me and the enemy is fat."

Quote Originally Posted by monaroCountry View Post
    Hahahah the GTR and its weak transmission. What excuse do you have next? first the driver not knowing how to handle 4WD, then its the fuel, then its the launch control software, then its the temperature and now you fanbois are blaming it on the transmission. You people have gotten desperate.

At least I don't need impromptu street drag races and flimsy rumors. If you're actually going to prove that the Z06 is better because it can out drag a GT-R, then those 1000hp nitro drag machines must be the best; after all, they can run the 1/4 mile in next to nothing!

The point is is it's fast and it's good. It's not God, and neither is your Corvette.

edit- wait, if what you said is true, and early GT-Rs are ringers, then why did it lose to the Z06? Shouldn't it totally crush that and the ZR1?
    Last edited by kingofthering; 07-21-2008 at 08:49 PM.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Both were stock and both were owned by the same rich arab.
    Says whom?
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Its simple, the technology and development of the GTR was absolutely phenomenonal and 480bhp is a complete lie.

lol @ MC saying middle east has poor quality fuel.
    Hahahah the GTR and its weak transmission.
    yeah, i've never heard of a car given to the media being a bit beaten on after all the tests were done. no sir.

retard.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

F'ing hilarious! This coming from the guy who goes on multiple car forums only to put down the GT-R, and posts nothing else. You call us desperate, yet you cling on to anything that may not even be remotely related to the R35 to try and put it down.

BTW, did you find out how Nismo, I mean Nissan, cheated with the Z-Tune.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

The R&T editors discuss the provenance of the GTRs used in testing. Nissan provided 3 GTRs for testing to the automotive press. A white, a silver, and a Black one. The black one was damaged somehow and was kept in reserve for parts. All three cars are US spec, but are definitely pre-production, and are classified as "engineering test cars", which is the only way they are legal for registration and operation on US roads. Once their lifecycle is done (90 days), they go to the crusher. This explains the caveats by C&D, and MT regarding the performance, and the extraordinary dyno result produced by the silver car.

-----------------------------------------

This is what Horst von Saurma from SportAuto had to say............

"With all the electronic aids the handling is absolutely perfect, the driver doens´t feel how the drive-by-wire system really works as the GT-R stay on track like on rails, always has grip, doesn´t lose control, higly computerized and a perfect racer for the street. A time less than 7:40 is pretty much optimistic, 7:50 shows the true potential of the car.

------------------------------------
    PIC

-------------------------------------------------

[img]PIC[/img]

------------------------------------------------

Koenigsegg CCR
    Power: 806 bhp @ 6900 rpm
    Torque: 678.6 ft lbs @ 5700 rpm
    Front tires: 255 PS2
    Rear tires: 335 PS2
    Front brake size: Carbon Ceramic 14.2 inches
    Rear brakes: Carbon Ceramic 14.2 inches
    Weight: 2712 lbs
    gear ratios: 2.875:1, 1.772:1, 1.266:1, 1.000:1, 0.830:1, 0.711:1, :1

Corvette ZR1
    Power: 638 bhp @ 6500 rpm
    Torque: 604 ft lbs @ 3800 rpm
    Front tires: 285 PS2
    Rear tires: 335 PS2
    Front brake size: Carbon Ceramic 15.5 inches
    Rear brakes: Carbon Ceramic 15 inches
    Weight: 3350 lbs
    gear ratios: 2.29:1, 1.61:1, 1.21:1, 1.00:1, 0.81:1, 0.67:1

Nissan GTR
    Power: 480 bhp @ 6400rpm
    Torque: 430 ft lbs @ 5200rpm
    Front tires: 255 Bridgestone RE070A
    Rear tires: 285 Bridgestone RE070A
    Front brake size: Normal type 15 inch
    Rear brakes: Normal type 15 inch
    Weight: 3814 lbs
    gear ratios: 4.056:1, 2.301:1, 1.595:1, 1.248:1, 1.001:1, 0.796:1
    Last edited by IBrake4Rainbows; 07-22-2008 at 05:37 AM.

....So why is the Koenigsegg there? what a bulls**t argument if you compare the ZR-1 to the CC-R. seriously.

So you accuse Nissan of having these pre-production models souped up in some way beyond that of the normal production car? not entirely beyond the realms of possibilty, but VERY difficult to prove on your part. and right now the burden of proof is on you.

Prove your stories or STFU. bluntly.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Steve Sutcliffe is a MUPPET ... a dodgy second-had car salesman who has used his mouth to get him jobs presenting on things he hasn't a clue ! From bikes to cars.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Steve Sutcliffe is a MUPPET ... a dodgy second-had car salesman who has used his mouth to get him jobs presenting on things he hasn't a clue ! From bikes to cars.
    Hahahaha, muppet and dodgy I love it. I guess what we have to understand is that automotive journalist and tv host have trouble knowing an exorbitant amount about every car they test while trying to balance an entertaining presentation. But then again after reading the article, its not hard to tell an ass from a journalist.

Nissan provided 3 GTRs for testing to the automotive press. A white, a silver, and a Black one.
    so which car of those was used by the Stig to equal the Carrera GT laptime in Top Gear?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Thread Information