View Poll Results: what is your favourite type of motrsport?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • F1

31 33.70%
  • WRC

24 26.09%
  • NASCAR

4 4.35%
  • Australian V8 supercars

8 8.70%
  • BTCC (british touring cars)

2 2.17%
  • DTM

5 5.43%
  • Drag racing

4 4.35%
  • Tractor pulling

2 2.17%
  • karting

1 1.09%
  • Le mans

11 11.96%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: favourite motorsport?

In re to the Volvo S60R, you're right. It is AWD. My mistake. Sorry. Must have been thinking of the old 850 T5Rs - which were both FWD and AWD. Therefore, there wouldn't be any FWD with over 200 kW, except perhaps a few American barges.

Also, weights. Lets just say that the aim should be for the maximum weight of any car to be 1450 kg, all drivetrains could run the same weight with reviews if necessay, and that the aim be to equalise power/weight ratio.

well the alfa romeo 147 GTA is about 180-190kw and theres a tuned version of it available in europe thats about 255kw/345hp

i think i'd just rather see AWD's with say a 5% weight increase, so a 1400kg car would increase by 70kg and an 1800kg car would increase by 90kg so that the weight penalty is proportionate to the weight of the car
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    well the alfa romeo 147 GTA is about 180-190kw and theres a tuned version of it available in europe thats about 255kw/345hp

i think i'd just rather see AWD's with say a 5% weight increase, so a 1400kg car would increase by 70kg and an 1800kg car would increase by 90kg so that the weight penalty is proportionate to the weight of the car

Sounds fair. However - an 1,800 kg race cars sounds kinda heavy. Doubt that any properly developed touring car complying with any set of regulations would need to weigh more than 1,500 kg.
    Unless they're standard production cars with only safety mods like in GT-P. Which probably explains why the BA GT isn't doing very well, since it must be the heaviest car in GT-P.

well in GT-P i believe the GT's are allowed to run as low as 1660kg so the 5% weight ballast could be based of that. having an 1800kg race car would be pretty hard though, the V8 Supercars are considered tank like with thier 1350 and i dont know what a BTCC or DTM car weight in at but overall the cars are smaller so i wouldnt be too surprised if theyre under a tonne
    I am the Stig

The Gt isnt doing well because that weight rule onlycame in at the end of the year...they havent got and raceing Break pads or and kind ofmods to the breaks suspesnion was stock and they are still working on stuff inside the car...last i heard they are working on a new side exit exaust but that will come after a new more raceing sized fuel tank is added...they are also going to add things like proper digital dash and stuff...so in theory it should be more competative next year...it had the higest termial speed on every track last year so it was fast just need a diet and some mods...

i'll have to stick my nose into PROCAR and GT-P a bit more this year, im starting to get pretty interested with all of this. those mods seem to be getting pretty severe but i guess theyre not really toying around much with the engine, so when that happens i guess is when people start screaming purpose built race car in productino category
    I am the Stig

i would say D1nz(nz drifting) but since drifting aint there i say WRC
    have fun with all my attached pictures guys!

I dont really get what the real attraction is...i dont actually think drifint is a real race....

its more something along the lines of a burnout competition
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    its more something along the lines of a burnout competition
    Yeah but still if you can call a burnout comp a race what else is a race? as i said and i stand by it i dont think its real raceing!

well i personally wouldnt call drifting a race or anything, but the way its done you need to be on like a circuit of some sort so maybe that causes people to refer to it as racing
    I am the Stig

Jgtc!!!!

JGTC!!! (japanese touring cars) supra, NSX, skylines, cuzco sti's, awsome evo's sweet silvias (s13/s14/s15) just awsome cars. for 6/4 cilenders they are F***KING fast!!!

the denso supra is one awsome car!

i belive, around some circuts in JGTC top speeds 300kph+

also international cars have been known to compete, vipers, miclaren f1 GTR's diablos, bmw's etc etc etc...

also the WRC is awsome, australia (at least canberra) gets good almost great coverage. alot of rally clubs are out there, so more promo for WRC!
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz
    JGTC!!! (japanese touring cars) supra, NSX, skylines, cuzco sti's, awsome evo's sweet silvias (s13/s14/s15) just awsome cars. for 6/4 cilenders they are F***KING fast!!!

the denso supra is one awsome car!

i belive, around some circuts in JGTC top speeds 300kph+

also international cars have been known to compete, vipers, miclaren f1 GTR's diablos, bmw's etc etc etc...

also the WRC is awsome, australia (at least canberra) gets good almost great coverage. alot of rally clubs are out there, so more promo for WRC!
    Whiteballz, you may like to know this...

"GT Live will take place December 18 & 19, 2004 at California Speedway in Fontana, California. The main event will be a JGTC All-Star race featuring 25 top cars invited from Japan, as well as local entries..."
    " I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect."

My bumper sticker "If you can read this...I can slam on my brakes and sue you"

what are the lemans classes?
    badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger

Quote Originally Posted by d-quik
    what are the lemans classes?
    The regs are available on-line at http://www.lemans.org/univers_sport/...to2004_gb.html
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information