Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need a new phone

I need a new phone

I had a razr, and it broke, i ahve a good plan. What would i be looking to pay for maybe a replacement razr or another new phone without a plan?

EDIT: i tried bestbuy.com and they don't help much because all of their phones have prices plus teh plan, which im not interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by speednine View Post
    I had a razr, and it broke, i ahve a good plan. What would i be looking to pay for maybe a replacement razr or another new phone without a plan?

EDIT: i tried bestbuy.com and they don't help much because all of their phones have prices plus teh plan, which im not interested in.
    If you're buying a new phone without a plan, be prepared to pay a really hefty amount. A bottom of the line Nokia or Motorola will run you about $150-200, depending on the model. If you want to replace it with another RAZR (I hate that phone), you better have about $300 bucks ready.

Wait until the new Motorola Z8 comes out. Probably the first Motorola which doesn't suck.
    "To control 800 horsepower relying just on arm muscles and foot sensitivity can turn out to be a dangerous exercise."
    Michael Schumacher

Werd, wait for your contract to end or buy the iPhone. It's not worth just buying a new phone.

Well, even though i live on my own, i am still under a family plan with M & D. Supposed to go look at phones at car toys, this sat. I don't really want a razr, because well, i hate flip phones. I think i'll just buy something that i like. I hate to blow almost a whole paycheck on an effing phone though. this is gay, i hate you motorola. make an indestructable phone already you a**holes.

In the UK, you get a warranty with a contract phone.

Unless you actually break it by being and idiot or something like that, you get a new one.

Do they not extend that courtesy out in the colonies, or are you in the "broke it" rather than "it broke" boat?

I just received my natty new Dee Neuf Cent, which is froody in a "he's dead Jim" sort of way.

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks View Post
    In the UK, you get a warranty with a contract phone.

Unless you actually break it by being and idiot or something like that, you get a new one.

Do they not extend that courtesy out in the colonies, or are you in the "broke it" rather than "it broke" boat?

I just received my natty new Dee Neuf Cent, which is froody in a "he's dead Jim" sort of way.
    When you buy a phone, it comes with a warrantee if it fails for unknown reasons. The warrantee is obviously void if your phone breaks from impact or other damage, ie: dropping it or jumping into a pool with the cell in your pocket.

But, there's also insurance you can buy for your phone, which is like 5 dollars a month. With insurance, you get a replacement phone (often identical or better) if the phone you have breaks, be it accidentally or if you get pissed and throw it at a wall.

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Get something Sony Ericsson based. That won't break. Have a look on eBay for some cheap phones minus the plan?

I've had a lot of phones, and SE have been the best. I've seen a K610i go for about $160 on eBay UK, whereas in shops it's $390...

Today I sold my 11 month old Sony Ericsson K700i (which was fantastic by the way, slight niggle is the joystick) I'm using my much loved Nokia 3510i for a while until I have enough money to buy a new Samsung E900
    Motorolas tend to break easily - Both my V220's did
    Nokia were good but have gone right downhill - shity menus and cheapy made
    Samsung appear to be fine - great looking, durable? and the menu system has been sorted
    Sony Ericsson are brilliant, well put together and very durable - beware ones with Joysticks, they're a pain in the arse
    Siemens/Benq-Siemens look great but are really complicated to use and they're menus are awful and complicated and they go very slow My Siemens A50 lasted 6months before it killed itself
    The above are from personal experience, I look after my phones maybe too well, I don't actually take the protective packaging off them...
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

notably my sony ericson joypad thingy stopped working, apparently this is common
    autozine.org

I have now had a Nokia 6288 for about 3 months and it's been a top phone. Great screen features very reliable to use and easy, Has all the bells and whistles etc, Very good picture taker and video taker. Not sure on price i got it for free with a cap plan.
    And it's a nice looking phone to.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Quote Originally Posted by jediali View Post
    notably my sony ericson joypad thingy stopped working, apparently this is common
    Yeah, mine went after 5/6months but I got a free replacement and it was just starting to go again when I sold it today. Didn't tell Henry though...

My Dad's 6month old Sony Ericsson K750i's Joystick doesn't always seem too happy either.

Dunno about his buiness partners, but he's now got the Sony Ericsson K800i Cyber-shot. It's just occured to me that they always get the same thing... Cars (kinda) and phones...

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden View Post
    I have now had a Nokia 6288 for about 3 months and it's been a top phone...
    My friend Katie's has just died, looks ok but I wasn't all to impressed with how it all worked but the camera was good. It kept sliding open in her pocket then kept getting stuck halfway then it just fell apart, top came away from the bottom, it was only 16months old, due to be replaced in 2months...
    Last edited by Waugh-terfall; 02-16-2007 at 10:13 AM.
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall View Post
    My friend Katie's has just died, looks ok but I wasn't all to impressed with how it all worked but the camera was good. It kept sliding open in her pocket then kept getting stuck halfway then it just fell apart, top came away from the bottom, it was only 16months old, due to be replaced in 2months...
    I'm pretty ruff on mobiles but i haven't had a problem with the slide, Not even in my pocket.. She didn't have the 6280 by any chance did she?
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Well, it was 200 bucks for the cheapest and 50 more for another razr. So i just got another razr. i didn't have time to hunt around for a cheaper used one as the cell phone has become a life line in my early twenties.

Thread Information