Thread: Trulli Completes Toyota Deal

Trulli Completes Toyota Deal

Toyota have finally confirmed the signing of Jarno Trulli - and the Italian has already had his first drive for the team.

Trulli completes a strong driver line-up alongside Ralf Schumacher and test driver Olivier Panis.

The 30-year-old drove a Toyota for the first time at Silverstone on Thursday morning, having severed his ties with Renault on Tuesday night.

But Toyota insisted that Trulli will have to wait until the start of next season to make his debut for the team.

The deal has been on the cards ever since Trulli announced he would be leaving Renault at the German GP - but Toyota team principal Tsutomu Tomita said negotiations had not been concluded until this week.

Tomita said: "It is no secret that we have been speaking with Jarno Trulli for some time about the possibility for him to join Panasonic Toyota Racing, but contrary to recent reports, we have only finalised contractual details this week.

"Jarno has really shown his maturity and all-round talent this season, both in qualifying and in races, and we believe that he will be the perfect team-mate to Ralf at Toyota from next season.

"On that note, I would like to set the record straight early and stress that there are no driver orders at Toyota; Ralf and Jarno will have equal number one status with us."

Tomita also confirmed that Ricardo Zonta, who has replaced Cristiano da Matta at the last three races, will remain with the team in 2005.

He said: "With Ralf, Jarno, Olivier and Ricardo, I think that Panasonic Toyota Racing will have one of the strongest driver line-ups in Formula 1 for next season.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CoTTerik; 09-16-2004 at 09:15 AM.

sweet!!!! like his racing is it good havnt been watching l8ly
    There is 3 people on a boat with loads of children running around it, the 3 people are: 1. Bob geldof, 2. Ozzy Osbourne, and 3. Micheal jackson, they're sailing out for the G8 live aid, they've hit a rock and they're sinking, bob says: "save the children!" ozzy says: "Fuc the children!"

Micheal says "have we got time?"

Trulli and Ralf Schumacher? Doesn't sound that good to me.
    Toyota will go with two inconsistent drivers who every year alternate between great and very poor performances. All the money Toyota spends won't return unless they get better drivers.

Trulli and R. Schumacher inconsistent drivers? I give you that Homem, but a DEFINITE step up from Panis and Da Matta. But my question is what is to become of Zonta? He showed a great performance at Spa, even if it was mostly due to drop outs, and I was wondering where he is going. Will he become a secondhand test driver for Toyota, or will he test for another team or maybe race for another team?
    VIVA FERRARI!!!!!!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!" ~ Benjamin Franklin

If everything's under control, you're going too slow ~ Mario Andretti

"We can't stop here! This is bat country!" ~ [U]Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey into the Heart of the American Dream[/U]

Thread Information