Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Monza - R15 F1 World Championship.

probably we should compare MS lap times before overtaking Button and after. If he slowed down a little bit that could mean that he wanted to see RB emerge before him on the track after his third pit stop. If not then RB has clearly beaten him, because a comparison of their lap times showed there was very little in it. Both cars slowed in the final laps, but that did not mean that RB couldn't have gone faster.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

MS was overtaking Button at the exact moment Barrichello came out of the pits. I don't think there was any intention in MS's mind to allow Barrichello to come out ahead, he was just concerned with passing Button.
    And, yes Barrichello may have gone faster and held off MS. We'll never know thanks to Ferrari telling the drivers not to race after the final stop.
    Barrichello deserved his victory, but if MS had won he would have deserved it as well.
    UCP's biggest Ford Sierra RS500 and BMW M3 E30 fan. My two favourite cars of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by motorsportnerd
    MS was overtaking Button at the exact moment Barrichello came out of the pits. I don't think there was any intention in MS's mind to allow Barrichello to come out ahead, he was just concerned with passing Button.
    Yes you are right, I just read the post race analysis on f1.com. Last sunday I could only follow the race via life timing on internet, with no TV images being available, and I thought MS cought JB a few lap earlier. Btw it is very interesting to have this life timing available, even when you have the TV on. It really allows you to follow developments much more closely (of course except for the memory lapse just described above )
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Thread Information