Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PS3 vs Xbox360

PS3 vs Xbox360

First off, i'd like to start by saying that these specs are not completely official. It looks as though both systems will be worth buying, but in the end it's going to be the PS3 for me. I have been researching the two systems alot and at every credable website i browsed, xbox 360 has more memory, but less of it is dedicated to superb graphics like the PS3.

You can decide on your own. The link shows the specs of both systems side by side.

http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/xbox360_vs_ps3.asp

these two pictures showing the difference in graphics quality, PS3 owns xbox360
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by werty; 06-18-2005 at 05:53 PM.
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

360 for me.

Quote Originally Posted by 250 GTO
    360 for me.
    care to explain why?
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

I'd take better graphics over most other features.
    PS3 for me.
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

PS3, better hardware, better games (expect for halo), and looks better.

Ps3 Thank you..

Jamaica, New York, USA... for now, out in the DR studyin!
    i'd have to say 360 for the reason that the console can do more (download movies, music, tv, etc.), as well as the controller is much better than the ps3's.
    WHEN THE POWER OF LOVE OVERCOMES THE LOVE OF POWER, THE WORLD WILL KNOW PEACE!!!!!!!!!!
    -Jimi Hendrix

I'm planning to get the 360 for the same reason that the poster listed above -- it does more things than just games. It will be nice to be able to access all the stuff on my computer with the entertainment system.

I would like a the PS3 because well for one, i'm gonna need to buy Gran Turismo 5 and 6 and how ever many they come out with before their new system. Another reason being that i want better graphics, i don't care about this media center feature on the 360.

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    PS3 is better. The Cell Processor definitely owns the X360, plus it can connect up to 7 Bluetooth controllers, avoiding the use of multi-tap. PS3 has better graphics and games too, that's for sure. I never liked the X360.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

PS3, no doubt. Microsoft is a crappy company. Gates has no idea what he's doing. Sony has had a lot of experience with consoles and Microsoft knows sh**.

Yes, I really hate Microsoft and will never support their products.
    Note that even though I am using Microsoft products, I never paid for them and never will.
    "To control 800 horsepower relying just on arm muscles and foot sensitivity can turn out to be a dangerous exercise."
    Michael Schumacher

hell yes, this is where i now step in. Following gamespot's feature, where there were analysis figures comparing poth the PS3 and the xbox360, i can say that the two consoles are very close when you consider specifications ( technical of course ) Why is that?

Let me start of by saying that Sony isn't the greatest corporation in the world. When you look at their track record for manufacturing reliance and promises to the public, i can personally say that they are not a company to be trusted to the fullest degree. What i am basically saying is that don't take what they say as the gospel.

Take Pre-release PS2, Sony went out of thier way to promote the console with specs and the new engine in which the console was based around. They promised so much and sure as hell, the public bought it. When the PS2 was released, it was a great console, probably one of teh greatest, but they did leave out a plethora of features in which they promised and technical specs were also different from what they had said.

This is the same situation with the PS3. Sony has done the public in again with the new promotion war with this blatant act of throwing wild numbers and specs into the air to make it seem more powerful than its competitors. Why? Well, bullshit the public and get away with it once, why not do it again. I hope that a member here with technical knowledge can back me up because i was reading teh specs of teh PS3 and i realised that alot of those numbers meant absaloutely nothing when you consider the grahpics components of a console. The numbers were there because they were quite a big number and internet browsers would be like "omg!! w00t 2390483 something, thats l33t'

But this is no sony bashing time, Microsoft are well known to do exactly the same, i just see Sony's as being much worse. Tv's, audio, video products, you name it, sony has let me and millions of others down with their shit heap products.

Well, lets move on shall we.

The Cell Processor is not as powerful as one may think. This is partially due to the way the power is divided amongst several processes that needs to undergo. The complex Cell has a greater degree of difficulty to work and program with for game developers, meaning that in the end, games can be produced and released faster for the xbox360. The graphical element is the same case. Xbox 360's 3cores is also blindingly fast and very very close to the Cell, and as pointed out by Gamespot's handy feature comparing the two in technical aspects, it is actaully better than the PS3 in several areas. I'd even go as far as saying Sony's overated Cell isn't as good as the Xbox360's xenon.

Side by side comparions mean shit to me actaully. The "1.8 teraflops" is indeed most definetely bogus and supports my theory that the two are very close.

Online is where the battle is to be one. Today's changing society is leaning towards the online environment and personally i think Microsoft has got this aspect won before the lights have even gone green. Why may you ask? Microsoft's long experience and professionalism with networking and online gaming and social community has Sony left for dead. With the new features that teh xbox360, i find it extremely difficult for the Sony boys down in Japan to tackle the MS giants on their home turf.

First person shooters. We all love them, dont lie They are a staple diet for millions of war mongering wannabe's all over the world, and thus i have to say that this is another aspect of the console war in which MS has a clear advantage. Perfect Dark 0, Halo 3, Gears of War, etc etc etc, developers are jumping on board the MS wagon, whether they be first or third party, and the FPS are going to be flooding. I must say, that with the controller staying almost the same, and the ps3 gone disgustingly awful, FPS will still remain suited to the xbox when you look at consoles.

RPG's are also hugely popular in the world, well more so in japan and other asian nations, and with Square Enix siging with MS, it looks like a bright future for RPG for the xbox360.

NuclearCrap, your comments about better games is certainly light considering you have no proof to back up your far fetched claim. There are fabulous games on all consoles and the three have thier little niche in the market. PS3 and XBOX360 launch date games list are impressive i must say and i can't exactly say which looks better, but with the news of perfect dark 0, made by the fabulous rare, I have to tip my hat to the 360.

Lol you've never liked the 360? it hasn't even been released yet, only pictures and specs, can't say that i like the george foreman grille, erm ps3 either, but then again that too hasn't been released.

Well that's enough from me, have a good1 pplz.

Oh and beware the dark horse, Nintendo still has a few tricks up thier sleeves.
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf03
    PS3, no doubt. Microsoft is a crappy company. Gates has no idea what he's doing. Sony has had a lot of experience with consoles and Microsoft knows sh**.

Yes, I really hate Microsoft and will never support their products.
    Note that even though I am using Microsoft products, I never paid for them and never will.

Yes, Gates has no idea what he is doing at all, and he's the richest man in the world. Erm, makes sense..i think
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz_

Let me start of by saying that Sony isn't the greatest corporation in the world. When you look at their track record for manufacturing reliance and promises to the public, i can personally say that they are not a company to be trusted to the fullest degree. What i am basically saying is that don't take what they say as the gospel.

Take Pre-release PS2, Sony went out of thier way to promote the console with specs and the new engine in which the console was based around. They promised so much and sure as hell, the public bought it. When the PS2 was released, it was a great console, probably one of teh greatest, but they did leave out a plethora of features in which they promised and technical specs were also different from what they had said.

This is the same situation with the PS3. Sony has done the public in again with the new promotion war with this blatant act of throwing wild numbers and specs into the air to make it seem more powerful than its competitors. Why? Well, bullshit the public and get away with it once, why not do it again. I hope that a member here with technical knowledge can back me up because i was reading teh specs of teh PS3 and i realised that alot of those numbers meant absaloutely nothing when you consider the grahpics components of a console. The numbers were there because they were quite a big number and internet browsers would be like "omg!! w00t 2390483 something, thats l33t'

But this is no sony bashing time, Microsoft are well known to do exactly the same, i just see Sony's as being much worse. Tv's, audio, video products, you name it, sony has let me and millions of others down with their shit heap products.
    I think your Sony Bashing is a little far fetched, I have 3 Sony products (Cellphone, CD Walkman, and a 29" Triniton Telly) .

None of these in the 1-3 years i've owned them have ever broken down, let me down or anything.

I also have friends and relatives with Sony products and its been smooth sailing for them aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf03
    PS3, no doubt. Microsoft is a crappy company.
    yeah, they fail at everything, especially making the most popular operating system in the world.....they really fail at that

as to the question, i own a PS3 and and XBox 360, and i will opt for an Atari 2600 instead
    Last edited by targa; 06-18-2005 at 09:37 PM.
    pondering things

Thread Information