Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very softcore

0 0%
  • Neither soft nor hard

0 0%
  • Very hardcore

9 100.00%

Thread: Can you name an action more hardcore than these?

Can you name an action more hardcore than these?

During WWII there were numerous accounts of Soviet soldiers fighting seemingly after death to hold off the Nazis, one account of a Nazi soldier even showed the fear of the Svoeits that the Germans had-because they fought on even after recieving brutal wounds- which they were sure to die of, the Germans said it was as if they were rising from the dead. One account says a Soviet soldier, whose intestines were dangling out of his body, tied himself to a tree so he could continue to shoot Nazis.
    ------------------------
    I can't remember the guy's name, but some Marine during WWII was leading this small group of men to assault some Japanese-held position with his BAR. I think he was wounded a number of times, but the bad ass part was after he ran out of ammo, he kept going and proceeded to just bash two Japanese guys' heads in with the butt of his rifle.
    ------------------------
    Another Marine and a machine gunner were trying to take out a number of Japanese on a ridge and like the only real cover they had was a small tree on the side of the road. The machine gunner was set up just to the right of the tree because the corpse of a dead Japanese guy was laying behind it. The other guy, unable to find anywhere to hide himself, is forced to climb on top of the corpse (which he noted was completely filled with maggots because it was swollen). The Japanese corpse's face was eaten away and had beetles and such crawling through the cavities, and since the incoming fire was so close to the guy's head, he had to actually stick his nose in one of the cavities of the skull to keep his head low enough to stay alive.
    ------------------------
    In the twelfth-thirteenth century, the Danish king invaded Sweden. The Swedish king put up a big fight but got served. After his death, the Swedish queen kept fighting against the Danes. The Danish king told the Swedish queen that if she gave up now, he would give her and her son amnesty, and let them run away to France or something. So she finally accepts, and the first thing the king does is stab her son and throw him in a fire (alive), and then he has his whole army rape the Swedish queen.
    ------------------------
    A former Army D.I once woke up and someone was standing over him with a knife. He reached up and grabbed the mans hand like he was going to give him a handshake, then promptly broke the guys hand. Then went back to sleep.
    ------------------------
    A Japanese soldier running at an American tank only armed with a katana; the tank's flamethrower ignited the Japanese soldier, but he kept running at the tank. He proceeded to slash the tank with his sword before eventually dieing. Supposedly the American soldiers were silent for half an hour after this.
    ------------------------
    A Roman soldier once was captured by some other group (cant remember which) and saw a cauldron of boiling oil sitting there. They told him they would use it to torture him if he did not tell them what they wanted to know. The roman responded "You dont scare me, Im a Roman." , and proceeded to stick his own arm in and burn it off. The enemies were so impressed/freaked out they let him go.
    ------------------------
    ANDERSON, BEAUFORD T. displayed conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity above and beyond the call of duty. When a powerfully conducted predawn Japanese counterattack struck his unit's flank, he ordered his men to take cover in an old tomb, and then, armed only with a carbine, faced the onslaught alone. After emptying 1 magazine at pointblank range into the screaming attackers, he seized an enemy mortar dud and threw it back among the charging Japs, killing several as it burst. Securing a box of mortar shells, he extracted the safety pins, banged the bases upon a rock to arm them and proceeded alternately to hurl shells and fire his piece among the fanatical foe, finally forcing them to withdraw. Despite the protests of his comrades, and bleeding profusely from a severe shrapnel wound, he made his way to his company commander to report the action. T/Sgt. Anderson's intrepid conduct in the face of overwhelming odds accounted for 25 enemy killed and several machineguns and knee mortars destroyed, thus single-handedly removing a serious threat to the company's flank.
    ------------------------
    A chaplin in Nam was given two bodyguards. One night the they were drivin from one camp to another when their Jeep breaks down. Of course, more bad shit happens when a group of Vietnamese soldiers stumbles upon them. The bodyguards, one armed with a knife and the other with nothing (they had put their guns into the jeep and didn't have time to retrieve them before the enemy arrived) managed to kill all 13 of the soldiers. They threw the chaplin under the jeep and went to town. The bare handed one snapped a guys neck immediately then used the dead man's gun to take care of a few more guys. The one with a knife slit 3 throats before picking up a gun. It was funny because in class one day he was showing his fathers slides and then he came to a pic of a pile of dead bodies with these two guys covered in blood standing on either side of them and all the girls got sicker than hell.
    ------------------------
    Perry Saturn saw some guy trying to rape some girl so he went over and beat the guy up. He didn't notice that during the fight he got shot in the neck twice.
    ------------------------
    A Navy commander was awarded the Medal of Honor for conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of his life above and beyond the call of duty while interned as a prisoner of war of the enemy Japanese in the city of Makassar, Celebes, Netherlands East Indies, in April 1942. Acting instantly on behalf of a naval officer who was subjected to a vicious clubbing by a frenzied Japanese guard venting his insane wrath upon the helpless prisoner, Comdr. (then Lt.) Antrim boldly intervened, attempting to quiet the guard and finally persuading him to discuss the charges against the officer. With the entire Japanese force assembled and making extraordinary preparations for the threatened beating, and with the tension heightened by 2,700 Allied prisoners rapidly closing in, Comdr. Antrim courageously appealed to the fanatic enemy, risking his own life in a desperate effort to mitigate the punishment. When the other had been beaten unconscious by 15 blows of a hawser and was repeatedly kicked by 3 soldiers to a point beyond which he could not survive, Comdr. Antrim gallantly stepped forward and indicated to the perplexed guards that he would take the remainder of the punishment, throwing the Japanese completely off balance in their mazement and eliciting a roar of acclaim from the suddenly inspired Allied risoners. By his fearless leadership and valiant concern for the welfare of nother, he not only saved the life of a fellow officer and stunned the Japanese into sparing his own life but also brought about a new respect for American officers and men and a great improvement in camp living conditions. His heroic conduct throughout reflects the highest credit upon Comdr. Antrim and the U.S. Naval Service.
    ------------------------
    In WWII, a German Luftwaffer pilot was caught and apprehended by Canadian troops and sent to a POW Camp in southern Ontario. He escaped and stole a kayak, from there he paddled his way through the great lakes all the way over to New York City. From there he hooked up with German spies to get himself back to England, from there he managed to get to France to hook up with his former unit. He was then shot down over the skies of Britain by Allies AA guns and killed instantly.
    ------------------------
    Again in WWII, in an allies POW camp in the South American jungles, an extremely determined U-Boat commander managed to escape and somehow got himself across thousands of miles of ocean to German-occupied-Europe, where he was placed back with U-Boats. Yet again once in the Atlantic, his submarine was sunk and he was captured and placed in a POW camp in southern Arizona. He and the other Germans there managed to build a tunnel system, from there they escaped into the desert. After every single other escapee was eventually caught by local police, the German U-Boat commander remained in the desert, sleeping in various caves and dried ditches for weeks on end. He then attempted to hop a train from Pheonix to the North-Eastern region. One of the train station employees at the ticket booth recognized the accent and notified the police. Once the police began searching the station, the German stabbed and killed one of the officers, stealing his gun, and ended up taking down another 2 officers while wounding three more before he was shot seven times.
    ------------------------
    A Canadian solider who was captured during the war; he opposing forces took him away, to their base/trenches/whatever it was, and the Canadians watched from their base/trench/whatever. A few days later, they see him marching back over to the Canadian side again. At first they thought he was a turncoat and was going to kill them all, so they pointed their guns at him ect. When he got back there was a note pinned to the back of his shirt. It
    took them a while to understand it as it was written in German. After they finally got the translator to look at it, he started killing himself laughing. "You take him! We can't stand him anymore!"
    ------------------------
    A Roman named Cincinnatus; he held a bridge over the Tiber River against a
    whole army armed only with a shield and spear while his comrades escaped and destroyed the bridge. As it was about to collapse into the water, Cincinnatus jumped off and swam all the way back to Rome with the enemy throwing spears at him.

And...
    Of course you can share war stories... I have none tho
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by d-quik; 08-29-2004 at 08:06 AM.
    badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger

Whoa thats insane stuff. espically the fist two.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Is the point of this thread to post similar war stories???
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Quote Originally Posted by d-quik
    Of course you can share war stories... I have none tho
    Ok, I've got one. During the Korean war, a platoon of US Marines were surrounded by Chiniese troops and outnumbered 3 to 1. One of the Marine privates asked the CO (can't remember his name right now) what to do? His CO answered: "Good, now we can shoot in all directions!!" Hurrah!!!!
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Not bad, but nothing compares to the story of Aron Ralston for my liking. That guy was 100% hardcore. For anyone that doesn't know who he is, he's the guy that hacked his own arm off with a blunt knife after getting it stuck under a rock whilst hiking in Utah.

For his story and more like it, check out maddox's tribute to real men though before you do click it, I hasten to add that it's probably not suitable for minors, since it contains swearing. Just a heads up.

I got one from world war two, a truck that was part of a convoy broke down and was left behind, a german patrol stumbled upon them, the machine gunner on the truck couldn't spin the .50 cal fast enough that he had to use his smg, and took out the whole german patrol.

Again in WW2, an outpost was hit by a mortar and thier machine gun was blown to pieces except the tripod, after the shelling, a german squad attacked the posistion, the two men at the outpost ran out of ammo, so they used the tripod of the mg and killed the rest by bashing them with it.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

I dont see how the picture relates to all the stories? whats the picture of anyway... that thing on the back of the trailer?

Anyway... I knew a guy who fought in the ongoing civil war in Sri Lanka. He fought for the army against the Tamil Tiger guerillas. He told me some sick/amazing stories that happened to their platoon. Here are three I remember:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Once five people including himself were on patrol in the jungles up north in Sri Lanka where the fighting was going on. (Right now there is a weak peace treaty going on.) Anyway, there are fruits and stuff in the jungles which are edible and the soldiers usually climb coconut trees to bring down coconuts for them to drink. Back to the story... These 5 soldiers came across a coconut tree full of coconuts. They all decided that 4 of them would stay on the look out while one of them would climb this coconut tree. As they approached the tree, four of them spread out, and the other guy put down his gun and took off his boots and proceeded to climb the tree. He went to the foot of the tree and took a step to one of the sides when there was a huge blast. That killed three of the soldiers instantly, the pieces of the soldier who was going to climb the tree were all over the place. The only two left were the friend who told me this story and another soldier. Both of them had minor injuries. Apparently the Tigers had booby trapped the tree because they knew that soldiers climed these trees. The soldier had stepped on a land mine that was planted on the foot of the tree.
    Another time, they were travelling from a camp to another camp when their radio intercepted a signal from the tigers. Since the Tigers speak in Tamil they have translators to translate their conversations. The truck the soldiers happened travelling in just happened to be passing over a bridge when the translator heard that the tigers were conversing about a land mine they had planted on the bridge they were passing. The translator had just screamed stop to the driver when the rear wheel had run over the mine which exploded destroying the truck. There had been a few survivors.
    He also told me of gruesome things both sides used to do to prisoners of each other. It was frequent of them to take a prisoner to the middle of a forest and let them go giving them the impression that they were freed. The Sri Lankan army uses these automatic T-56 guns which have a feature > burst in which all the bullets from a magazine are fired with one pull of the trigger... as in a burst of bullets. They would let the prisoners run and then shoot them through the middle splitting them in half using burst.
    __________________________________________________ _____________

Thats all of the stories I remember. I have lost many of my relatives in this war though... its wretched. My uncle was killed by the Tigers along with other singhaleses people when they were travelling in a public bus. They stopped the bus and told each of them to get out and shot them in the head one by one. I think about three buses were travelling together. I know survivors from the other buses who had lost arms and legs. And to think these innocent people weren't even armed with safety pins.This was about 16 years ago though.
    However I remember about 7 years ago I went on vacation to Sri Lanka and went over to the camp of a cousin of mine who was a soldier in the army. As I remember I spent the last few days of my vacation with him and his family. A week after I came back to Qatar the war erupted again and we got to know that his base had been over run and he had been killed.
    Just 3 years ago, two of my relatives from my mothers side died in a land mine explosion while travelling in a public bus. A mine that was planted by the tigers on a public road that was frequently used by soldiers.
    I might have changed the subject a little bit but all these came back to my mind when I was reading d-quiks posts, and I thought I might share it with you all.
    Alright brain... you don't like me and I don't like you... but lets just do this...

Quote Originally Posted by d-quik
    I can't remember the guy's name, but some Marine during WWII was leading this small group of men to assault some Japanese-held position with his BAR. I think he was wounded a number of times, but the bad ass part was after he ran out of ammo, he kept going and proceeded to just bash two Japanese guys' heads in with the butt of his rifle.
    At Pickett's Charge during the battle of Gettysburg in America's Civil War, most Union Soldiers ran out of ammo and smashed the Confederates with the butt's of their rifles.

Can anyone remember the name of the Brit bloke in WW1 who was In a tank fighting battalion. Jeremy Clarkson did a documentry on him .. Ill try and look for that one because thats one of the most amazing storys of the war (and Im not into war patriotism )
    Last edited by :Exige:; 08-26-2004 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VtecMini
    Not bad, but nothing compares to the story of Aron Ralston for my liking. That guy was 100% hardcore. For anyone that doesn't know who he is, he's the guy that hacked his own arm off with a blunt knife after getting it stuck under a rock whilst hiking in Utah.

For his story and more like it, check out maddox's tribute to real men though before you do click it, I hasten to add that it's probably not suitable for minors, since it contains swearing. Just a heads up.
    i remember when that happened, now that guy is mentally unstable, if you have enough balls to cut your own arm off with a pocket knife, you can do anything......ugh i think i need some water
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

A Canadian solider who was captured during WW1; The opposing forces took him behind enemy lines as his comrades watched from their position.

A few days later, they see him marching back over to the Canadian side. At first they thought he was a turncoat, pointing their guns at him. When he got back there was a note pinned to the back of his shirt.

It took them a while to understand it as it was written in German. After they got the translator to look at it, he started killing himself laughing. "You take him! We can't stand him anymore!"
    Now that's just golden. X'D
    UCP's most hardcore skunk

Thread Information