Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: GTA IV : Rockstar Games

This game will be the death of me.

Two nights with less that four hours sleep.. functioning at work has become harder since this game came out.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Looks like I have the infamous disc is unreadable error in the opening cut scene which has plagued a bunch of people both on PS3 and XBox360. Guess we're gonna have to trade it in for another copy. It's weird because the game worked fine for a day, and now nothing.

I havent heard about that, Is it fairly common? or just a few hundred / thousand of copies?
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    I havent heard about that, Is it fairly common? or just a few hundred / thousand of copies?
    Not sure, but it's pretty common on the internet. I'd say in the tens of thousands.

so less than 10% of copies though..
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    so less than 10% of copies though..
    Still sucks though

Love this game... been playing off and on for a couple day now.

How do you guys with the PS3 like the SIXAXIS controls? Does anyone use it? Pretty crazy stuff... especially with helicopter. I totally didn't run into a building first time using it...

<3 the cars in the game

Say what you want about George W, he gave every American $600 (about £300, really this time) as part of an "economic stimulus program," and the first electronic bank drafts came through Tuesday.

Guess what 'Quail did with his?

I bought me one of them new, fancy game-boxes, a PS3, and done did buy myself GT4 prologue and GTA IV.

After playing GT4 prologue long enough to realize that it would take a good eight or ten hours before getting that 599 Fiorano, 'Quail popped in GTA IV, and hasn't looked back.

It's just superb. The characters are well-developed and the plot so far has been brilliant. 'Quail's no gamer, and if George Bush himself hadn't given him almost two week's pay and told him to go out and buy something to save America he'd never have spent his hard-earned money on anything but the usual booze, fireworks and hamburger helper; but this game is off the charts good.
    I'm erudite ;-)

Excellent way to totally screw GWB's hopes ..... PS3 ups the trade deficit with Japan and GTA does it with hte UK. As a hard-strapped victim of UK tax burden I thank you

hmmmm the timing is bound to raise plenty of rumours Was GWB paid by Sony to time the "stimulus" with the release of THE best game ever guaranteeing the attractiveness of all the money going to Sony
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Something about the game's been lacking for me so far. Its 99% there, perhaps all the hype had me expecting that little bit more.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho View Post
    Something about the game's been lacking for me so far. Its 99% there, perhaps all the hype had me expecting that little bit more.
    No game could ever fully live up to that much hype.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

There must be something wrong with me because i just rented it and im not too crazy about it.

I know its a technical marvel (although i wasn't really wowed by the graphics and despite what everyone is saying im not to impressed with everything going on) and yeah its cool you can get drunk and go on dates and stuff but to be honest, GTA4 seem like its a lot like the other three GTA's. which means that after a month or so after the novelty wears off, im gonna get sick of the repetitiveness. After a little while with these games there's really no reason to keep picking up the controller. also, the online is lame.

it seems to me like GTA is suffering from madden syndrome (albeit not as bad) All three games have been very similar and each one has really just added some new gimmicks.

im definately not going to buy this game. that being said, for some reason since ive rented it i cant stop playing it haha. its definately addicting, but i was the same way with the last three games and after a little while it just gets old.
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

I've been quite surprised as to how many features have been taken from Saint's Row such as the GPS navigation and cellphone. GTA's are a bit more detailed though.

Bank Holiday games medley for teh win!!!
    Last edited by Dantera22B; 05-02-2008 at 12:18 PM.
    "When I see an Alfa Romeo go by, I tip my hat." - Henry Ford

I got the game yesterday, I'm addicted to it. I love all the details they added with the new RAGE engine, and the graphics are incredible. I bought it for Xbox 360. And I played it on PS3 also at my friend's place... I came to this conclusion: GTA IV is better on Xbox 360. IMO, at least.

Oh and also, the PS3's version of the game runs at 640p, while the Xbox 360's version runs at 720p.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Anybody else annoyed with the handling? It seems to much of a gimmick for me. It was a laugh at first seeing SUV's taking corners with 50 degrees of bodyroll and the inside wheels pitched up, but its damn near impossible to have any fun on the bikes now as they just dont want to fking turn!
    I am the Stig

Thread Information