View Poll Results: Do you think Williams will improve from 2004's 4th place?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, theyve got the resources and drivers to challenge

6 66.67%
  • No, BAR and McLaren will be too strong

1 11.11%
  • No, Williams will suffer from an all new lineup

2 22.22%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Webber: Williams are ready to bounce back

Webber: Williams are ready to bounce back

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=31907

WILLIAMS READY TO BOUNCE BACK
    Last Updated: Monday, 17, January, 2005, 15:24

Mark Webber believes Williams are hungry to prove that their poor 2004 campaign was just a blip.

Williams won just one race in 2004 after challenging for the championship the year before.

Webber, who arrived from Jaguar at the end of the season, senses there is a real appetite to set the record straight.

Speaking at the Autosport International show, Webber said: “Williams had a season that was below par.

"But Frank, Patrick and BMW are driven individuals, they love competing and they love winning. This will galvanise them more to compete in 2005.

“We've got to make sure the red thing doesn't win as often as it has!

“Testing has not been so bad but testing is one thing and racing is another. We've got to deliver from Melbourne onwards, which means winning races, and it's going to be tough.

“The new BAR is going to be quick, plus there is also the McLaren, Renault and Ferrari to think about. I hope to be able to mix it with the action at the front.”

Asked how he was getting on with his new team, Webber said: “I have settled into Williams pretty quickly. I have been getting to know people quite quickly, although it is not easy to get to know everyone so soon.”
    I am the Stig

He sounds confident and determined, its a team effort, and i believe in Webber, ill support him all the way coz hes an Aussie and a testemant to courage and determination. Go willians, and go webber, i hope that they will shut those ferrari fans up, especially for the Aussie grand prix, if webber wins that, then he'll have the perfect launch pad to show the world he's got what it takes to mix it with the big guns.
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

It would be great to see some good racing this season, with a couple teams in the hunt for the Championship.
    VIVA FERRARI!!!!!!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!" ~ Benjamin Franklin

If everything's under control, you're going too slow ~ Mario Andretti

"We can't stop here! This is bat country!" ~ [U]Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey into the Heart of the American Dream[/U]

I believe that BAR is going to be competitive this year. with their new Car. But then in F1 its hard to know.. williams might suffer with the all new lineup but then they arent bad drivers.. i hope this season will be more interesting ... and i think Renault, BAR , Williams and Mclaren will be very competitive ,, and they may even drive along with the Ferraris.
    Raging Bull

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz_
    He sounds confident and determined, its a team effort, and i believe in Webber, ill support him all the way coz hes an Aussie and a testemant to courage and determination. Go willians, and go webber, i hope that they will shut those ferrari fans up, especially for the Aussie grand prix, if webber wins that, then he'll have the perfect launch pad to show the world he's got what it takes to mix it with the big guns.
    Ever heard of a driver that was not confident before the start of the season?He wouldn't be doing any good PR if he already would say that the car is a pig. Let's just wait and see after the first races.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

oh for ****s sake, i as just saying that he sounded confident, no need to qoute me and 'try' to make me sound like an amutuer, jeez let me say something for once withought some1 analysing me and trying to prove me wrong

- The line for the PS3

Calm down Blitz......

Personally i think it'll be hard to improve on 4th, but their performance will reflect better than 4th. McLaren have use of their 3rd car and Ferrari and BAR will slingshot into the season off last seasons success
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz_
    oh for ****s sake, i as just saying that he sounded confident, no need to qoute me and 'try' to make me sound like an amutuer, jeez let me say something for once withought some1 analysing me and trying to prove me wrong
    I did not address you personally, just commented about what Webber said and did.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

When it comes to the crunch anyway Blitz, you do tend to "blindly" support Webber
    I am the Stig

yes, yes i do

- The line for the PS3

I'm really looking forward to seeing Webber challenge up front being an Aussie as well. I genuinely think he has the speed and potential to be world champion, so all he needs is the car to match his talent. Hopefully Williams will be a strong challenger to Ferrari this year as they have in the past, and I'll certainly be cheering him on. I hope both Williams and McLaren can return to their former glory and present us all with a decent fight for the title!

I hope he does win, I think they should just say we will try to win 2+ races and get in the top 3-5 90% on the time, then You never know he could be up closer to the front
    Consistancy is number one thing they need
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

You have a point there Slick but Webber's commented many times that the team's pressuring him to win, and he's pressuring them to get the FW27 right. I think at the end of the day, he'd only be expected to get on the podium but thats not as easy as it sounds, and of course he'd want to be fighting for the win from time to time as well, notably at Albert Park
    I am the Stig

Could be some pressure there for him, But i think as dumb and hard as it may sound i think we will know how he will go first race. He will want that win first up and if the car is right he will want to be the fastest straight up if he is slower down the grid it could be the car but i think he will be like a bull at the gates first up
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

There's still Schuey to beat though, hes the best in the field with one of, if not THE best cars and engines so he'll be really tough to beat. Webbers talented and BMW make a powerful engine, i think its up to Williams to fit the last piece
    I am the Stig

Thread Information