Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Formula One Season Official Thread

Quote Originally Posted by faksta View Post
    Well, both statements were expected. Renault is losing the ING sponsorship, and they were speaking about getting out from F1 almost every year since their second debut. Ferrari would be a real mess. Every single championship has seen the team's cars... Although in this case I consider this statement more like some measure to make FIA change their mind then the way things really are. The proof is a striking similarity between the two above statements.
    Ferrari has threatened to leave so many times. It is their last resource to get what they want. I agree with them on this situation. It makes no sense to have two sets of regulations for one class.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

I don't see the problem? Just because the big manufacturers have to play on the same level of the little guys and cut costs they want to quit? That doesn't make sense to me. They aren't going to lose money in the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by ScionDriver View Post
    I don't see the problem? Just because the big manufacturers have to play on the same level of the little guys and cut costs they want to quit? That doesn't make sense to me. They aren't going to lose money in the deal.
    They wouldn't be playing on the same level, that's the whole point.
    If everything goes as currently planned there will be two distinct classes supposedly contesting the same series.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by ScionDriver View Post
    As far as I know the FIA have proposed that the teams can decide to follow the cost-limit and recieve certain luxurys and aids in their favour for doing so. Teams that fail to follow the cost limits will be penalised in areas etc. Which is what the big teams are going against. Since they argue it will create a two-tier championship between teams that take either route. The teams with the big budgets. i.e ferrari, toyota etc. spend about 3x as much as the proposed cost cut each year on production and development. And are obviously more than happy to spend such large sums of money on the sport for the benefits they gain from participating. As long as they do well that is. This is what I think the situation is. But its always changing so there are many other contributing factors.

I personally feel a cost cut is needed. There is already a slight two-tier championship going on and there has been for years. Heck red bull even has a sister team to test their drivers and technology on that are always at the back of the grid. The privateer teams are the ones that bring in the real surprises. Brawn GP ofcourse a great example this year. We need more teams like this. It makes the sport more personal. And less about the superpowers doing the racing off-track with financial disputes and technical debates such as this one. Bring back prodrive, take down the spending limit to 60/80 million, and introduce more street races! This is what I want to see happen in F1. Whether or not ferrari stays is not a dealbreaker for me. Since schumacher left and they have been off form the past few years the entertainment factor has actually gone up significantly. We want to wonder truthfully who will win each race all year around. This proposed rule has so many flaws. But its atleast hinting in the right direction.
    Last edited by Cotterik; 05-13-2009 at 04:41 PM.

why they just leave it as its F1 have 20 cars now & no one is complaining

Quote Originally Posted by akrmalas View Post
    why they just leave it as its F1 have 20 cars now & no one is complaining
    a lot of people is complaining (Bernie) and more money are required (for Bernie's bills).
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

autosport.com - F1 News: Button: Winning has turned me boring

read: I don't work as hard when I am not winning....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Not team should put themselves above the sport eh?

What if your team is 70% of the fan base for that sport.

If Ferrari was wrong then they are wrong....but if they left F1 who really won.

By Jonathan Noble Wednesday, May 20th 2009, 12:30 GMT

Ferrari has blasted the quality of entries being lined up to join Formula 1 next year - even going so far as saying the sport would perhaps be better off rebranded as 'Formula GP3'.

Shortly prior to finding out that it had lost its legal bid to prevent the FIA introducing a £40 million voluntary budget cap in F1 for next year, Ferrari vented its frustration at the teams hoping to make the step up to motor racing's premier category.

As AUTOSPORT revealed earlier today, the court case that took place in Paris yesterday revealed the list of teams serious about joining F1 was Wirth Research, Lola, USF1, Epsilon Euskadi, RML, Formtech, Campos and iSport.

These teams, and the FIA, claimed that if Ferrari's legal bid was successful and the entry deadline for 2010 was delayed by an injunction, then they would have little chance of getting things in place to be ready to race next year.

Ferrari has said it is shocked at the entries – and does not believe they are the kind of teams that will enhance F1's image.

"They couldn't almost believe their eyes, the men at women working at Ferrari, when they read the papers this morning and found the names of the teams, declaring that they have the intention to race in Formula 1 in the next year," said a statement issued on Ferrari's website.

"Looking at the list, which leaked yesterday from Paris, you can't find a very famous name, one of those one has to spend 400 Euros per person for a place on the grandstand at a GP (plus the expenses for the journey and the stay) [to see]."

The statement added: "Can a world championship with teams like them - with due respect - have the same value as today's Formula 1, where Ferrari, the big car manufacturers and teams, who created the history of this sport, compete? Wouldn't it be more appropriate to call it Formula GP3?"

frankly I almost want to see Ferrari(and maybe others) quit, just to see if F1 collapse on itself....I think its argulable who is supporting whom, but I'd imagine the money Ferrari gets from sponsor to race will follow them anywhere...along with its fanbase. But thats not to say F1 itself won't live on. As if all manufacturer teams are gone the whole 2-tier argument becomes null. Though that form of F1 will be anygood is debatable...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Had a look at the Ferrari site.
    The entry quoted looks more like a blog than a news item as listed.
    THe English is very poor.
    Wonder if it's a disgruntled employee or a hack ?

Ferrari sounds very bitter considering they have a whopping 3 points in the Constructors Championship.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Yes, but that's this year. Things will probably fall more into line by the end of this season.
    This two-tier thing really has ruffled their feathers, though.
    I agree with you RM, it is nice to see the beast that is F1 squirming around uncomfortably on the verge of collapse. I do enjoy watching it sometimes, but that is essentially where my tolerance of the whole stupid circus ends and I think a very significant shakeup in management and participants might be good for whoever rises or gets crowned the new "pinnacle" of motorsports.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Thread Information