Thread: Two super saloons, more Geneva previews and the Red Bull F1 car ...

Two super saloons, more Geneva previews and the Red Bull F1 car ...

Dear Ultimatecarpage.com visitor,

Already one of the fastest four-door cars available, Vauxhall today announced a further performance upgrade for the VXR8. A clear nod to the machine's origin, the new 560 bhp version is dubbed the Bathurst S Edition. The S in the name refers to the Walkinshaw Performance supercharger that is responsible for the boost in engine performance. Available for £44,995, few cars can rival the supercharged VXR8 in the bang for buck category. Although not quite as powerful we are equally impressed with the new Ford Taurus SHO. Available this Summer, the SHO version of the new Taurus is powered by a highly efficient V6 engine. By utilising direct injection and twin-turbos the V6 is both green and at 365 bhp, very powerful.
    'Geneva' is still nearly a month away and the interesting previews keep coming in at a rapid pace. This week seems reserved for small cars. Together with a brand new badge, Citroën revealed the DS Inside Concept. It signals the return of the DS name, which will be used for the most luxurious versions of the French manufacturer's model. With the new Mazda 3 MPS, Renault Clio III GT and the MINI Cooper S Convertible JCW, the Geneva show will also host its share of 'hot' small car introductions.
    Earlier this week, Red Bull Racing revealed the RB5 Renault. Like all of the other 2009 Formula 1 cars already shown to the public, the new 'Red Bull' sports the unusual aero-package dictated by the new regulations. The Adrian Newey penned RB5 features relatively large rear wing end-plates and certainly promises to be one of the better looking cars on the grid this year.

Enjoy the links:

2009 Citroën DS Inside Concept - Images, Specifications and Information

2009 Ford Taurus SHO - Images, Specifications and Information

2009 Hyundai HED-6 Concept - Images, Specifications and Information

2009 Mazda 3 MPS - Images, Specifications and Information

2009 MINI Cooper S Convertible Mk II JCW - Images, Specifications and Information

2009 Red Bull Racing RB5 Renault - Images, Specifications and Information

2009 Renault Clio III GT - Images, Specifications and Information

2009 Vauxhall VXR8 Bathurst S Edition - Images, Specifications and Information

Regards,
    Wouter Melissen
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    Thanks as always for the new updates.

Comments:
    New SHO! Awesome! Except... well the styling isn't my cup of tea. The engine is surprisingly powerful, the last SHO was 235hp I think? Jumping to 365 is quite the leap. Unfortunately that makes me expect it to be rather heavy also. TTV6 is pretty neat though, especially from Ford.

New Mazdaspeed 3 is hesitantly ok. I'm still not a big fan of the new grin styling though. I wish there was more info about the weight and any suspension upgrades.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Thread Information