Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Can ford match the unbelievable HRT 427?

Question Can ford match the unbelievable HRT 427?

i think they could...only if the make a 450kW GTHO that could put the HRT 427 to shame.......

why would they need that much, the hrt 427 only has 350kw

no it has 430kW...........

the concept may have had that but the 50 being produced for road are only 350kw

oh ok............

i doubt this car will be the competitor to the posche GT2 that holden wants us to believe. it doesnt look as if it could go around the corners and stop as good as the gt2. i think that holden were kidding themselves trying to match the gt2 to begin with

Originally posted by fpv_gtho
    i doubt this car will be the competitor to the posche GT2 that holden wants us to believe. it doesnt look as if it could go around the corners and stop as good as the gt2. i think that holden were kidding themselves trying to match the gt2 to begin with
    Judging by thet stats, there is every chance that the HRT 427 will be as quick or even quicker around a race track than the 911 GT2. In Motor magazine, they stated that HSV insiders have been saying the C5R engine, in street-spec, has been dynoed at over 400kW. This, combined with the stripped out interior, lightweight components, new front suspension and huge brakes will make the 427 an extremely fast car.

However, compared to the 427 the GT2 is almost a luxury car. The 427 is virtually a street legal racer.

As for Ford building a 427 competitor, I believe they could. I also think that they won't. A GTHO (to compete in performance and in sales with the HSV GTS) would be far higher on FPV's priority list. Ford also has the Territory to work on.

The Territory? Theres an original idea. May as well take the bus. I suppose if its good enought for BMW Mercedes, Volvo, Porsche, VW, Audi etc etc you may as well jump on the band wagon. I own a 4wd for one reason. Going offroad. Thats where they are fun to drive. You dont need 200kw motors, independent suspension and 50 profile tyres for that. A bit of ground clearance and a diff lock will do just fine. A good audio system and a portable fridge in the back to keep the beer cold is the only luxury items youll need.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

yeah well ur maybe one of the last people that still think that.

holden hsv hrt 427 - this is one of the very few masterpieces which have actually rolled out the production line in australia and what a masterpiece - acceleration is about 3.7sec - which aussie does an accleleration is 3.7 secongs and that awesome looks - GT2 rival - i don't think so - the gt2 has been an icon and it has that raw edge which the holden does not quite have and its a porsche so maybe not this time holden
    BAZOOKA EXHAUST

ha, another stillborn supercar from holden, just like the torana gtr-x. and u can thank all those people who wanted to take these on the road and not the track, either way i dont care. i wouldnt have bought it for 2 reasons anyway:1. id rather a ford and 2. even at 215,000 for a car designed for track, it may be good value against a 400,000 porsche, but against all the rest of the aussie muscle cars? ripoff

lol, I was cheering when I heard that the 427 was no more. I feel so bad about how happy I was.

Takes the pressure of Ford I suppose.

the pressure was never on ford, especially since they have the 500hp supercharged 5.4 at their disposal from america

Anyone can whack a supercharger on.

Thread Information