Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Sweet Holy Mother of Christ!!!

Is the net closing on Mosley?

Whilst the media and F1 fans whipped themselves up into a frenzy over the bombshell revelations of Max Mosley's, err, "interesting" private life, everything went eerily quiet within the F1 fraternity for a few days. A mixture of stunned silence and carefully considered reticence pervaded the Grand Prix teams. Stunned silence because nobody knew how the hell they are supposed to react to such outrageous news. Considered reticence because nobody dared speak out in case it all turned out to be false and they risked the wrath of Mosley's formidable team of lawyers if they were to speak out of turn.

Now that it is clear that this is no hoax, and it really was good ol' Max strapped to that torture bench, key people are beginning to pipe up. Firstly Bernie suggested that it perhaps wouldn't be best for Max to be at this weekend's Bahrain Grand Prix, is it would bring the wrong kind of media attention to the sporting event. Then shortly after it was revealed by The Times that the decision has been taken out of Max's hands anyway, as the Crown Prince of Bahrain Sheikh Salman Bin Hamad Al-Khalifa has written to Mr Mosley saying that he is not welcome in Bahrain this weekend anyway.

Perhaps seeing that Mosley was on the ropes after that blow from the Crown Prince, four of the biggest teams in F1 have gone in for the kill. Firstly the two big German manufacturers BMW and Mercedes-Benz released a joint statement saying that the consequences of Mosley's "disgraceful" actions, "extend far beyond the motor sport industry." Whilst they may not have said it in so many words, what they are saying is that if Max were to stay in office it would be catastrophic for the image of World Motorsport, and that they would no longer want to be a part of anything that Max is in charge of. Effectively, either he walks or we walk.

Seconds out, Round 2...

In step the Japanese. Both Honda and Toyota released their own separate statements on the matter, with both saying roughly the same sort of thing. The crux of the issue for the manufacturers is that the scandal surrounding Mosley inevitably draws massive negative publicity onto the whole sport and its participants. They are demanding that the FIA "takes action" to stop the rot. The only conceivable action that could alleviate the crisis is, of course, the immediate resignation of Max Mosley.

Now even young hotshots Nico Rosberg and Lewis Hamilton have had something to say about the issue. Whilst being careful not to say too much in direct relation to Mosley, when asked whether they agreed with Honda's statement regarding people carrying out their duties with "integrity and respect," they both talked about the importance of people in the public eye "setting a good example."

Apparently in response to the statements made by the sport's big money teams, the FIA this afternoon released a statement saying that an Extraordinary General Assembly of the FIA Senate has been called, and will take place at the earliest possible date.

The referee is standing above Mosley, beginning his 10-count. Can Mosley drag himself up off the canvas after this?
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
    Whilst the media and F1 fans whipped themselves up into a frenzy over the bombshell revelations of Max Mosley's, err, "interesting" private life, everything went eerily quiet within the F1 fraternity for a few days. A mixture of stunned silence and carefully considered reticence pervaded the Grand Prix teams. Stunned silence because nobody knew how the hell they are supposed to react to such outrageous news. Considered reticence because nobody dared speak out in case it all turned out to be false and they risked the wrath of Mosley's formidable team of lawyers if they were to speak out of turn.

Now that it is clear that this is no hoax, and it really was good ol' Max strapped to that torture bench, key people are beginning to pipe up. Firstly Bernie suggested that it perhaps wouldn't be best for Max to be at this weekend's Bahrain Grand Prix, is it would bring the wrong kind of media attention to the sporting event. Then shortly after it was revealed by The Times that the decision has been taken out of Max's hands anyway, as the Crown Prince of Bahrain Sheikh Salman Bin Hamad Al-Khalifa has written to Mr Mosley saying that he is not welcome in Bahrain this weekend anyway.

Perhaps seeing that Mosley was on the ropes after that blow from the Crown Prince, four of the biggest teams in F1 have gone in for the kill. Firstly the two big German manufacturers BMW and Mercedes-Benz released a joint statement saying that the consequences of Mosley's "disgraceful" actions, "extend far beyond the motor sport industry." Whilst they may not have said it in so many words, what they are saying is that if Max were to stay in office it would be catastrophic for the image of World Motorsport, and that they would no longer want to be a part of anything that Max is in charge of. Effectively, either he walks or we walk.

Seconds out, Round 2...

In step the Japanese. Both Honda and Toyota released their own separate statements on the matter, with both saying roughly the same sort of thing. The crux of the issue for the manufacturers is that the scandal surrounding Mosley inevitably draws massive negative publicity onto the whole sport and its participants. They are demanding that the FIA "takes action" to stop the rot. The only conceivable action that could alleviate the crisis is, of course, the immediate resignation of Max Mosley.

Now even young hotshots Nico Rosberg and Lewis Hamilton have had something to say about the issue. Whilst being careful not to say too much in direct relation to Mosley, when asked whether they agreed with Honda's statement regarding people carrying out their duties with "integrity and respect," they both talked about the importance of people in the public eye "setting a good example."

Apparently in response to the statements made by the sport's big money teams, the FIA this afternoon released a statement saying that an Extraordinary General Assembly of the FIA Senate has been called, and will take place at the earliest possible date.

The referee is standing above Mosley, beginning his 10-count. Can Mosley drag himself up off the canvas after this?
    While I don't think this issue is really THAT BIG of a deal, I bet the FIA think that such an ominous cloud of taboo can't hang over this sport. I can see him being pulled following the Bahrain GP, even though he probably isn't deserving of such a penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by nota View Post
    Overall who gives a rats? What does it matter? Good on you IBR and fair comment, I side with you
    Who gives a rats?

I can say with certainty, that many people give a rats.

I may agree and say that his personal life does not interfere with his management of the FIA, but to say that people don't care is I think, unrealistic. I would say many people would call for his resignation - they clearly care.

Look at the reaction of the Bahranis and teams - even a lot of fans think he should resign I would wager.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Who gives a rats?

I can say with certainty, that many people give a rats.

I may agree and say that his personal life does not interfere with his management of the FIA, but to say that people don't care is I think, unrealistic. I would say many people would call for his resignation - they clearly care.

Look at the reaction of the Bahranis and teams - even a lot of fans think he should resign I would wager.
    It was a rhetorical question - as in why should anyone really care what a person chooses to do in their personal (and previously private) life?

For just one example does it matter to you - really matter - that your future King of Canada .. wants to be a tampon ??

Sure I'll agree because of what clearly seems to be a setup (blackmail?) that a 'certain aspect' of Mosley's personal life has escaped into his professional one, which obviously will and has made his lead position untenable within the already dirty arena of F1.

No, correction, make that a filthy arena - as what microcosm of malfeasance that has previously escaped and been revealed from within the sphere of F1 overall would comprise a mere 'pimple upon a poxy arse' of what really goes on there. Just like what goes on in everywhere else - big business, those 'family value' politicians, yes 'normal' domestic life too, and of course the church in all its glory.

Not to mention what goes on within the Crown Prince of Bahrain's fun palaces, I bet. 'Let he who is without sin ..' etc

Imo there is definitely one thing that is worse than sexual relations between consenting adults - and that is hypocracy. It's easy to be pious and become all a-titter about this new 'Max factor' but yeah, overall, who gives a flying **uck? Not me

Quote Originally Posted by nota View Post
    For just one example does it matter to you - really matter - that your future King of Canada .. wants to be a tampon ??
    What's that about?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    What's that about?
    Camillagate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

All hail King Charles!

Lastest F1 catch phrase..."Jordon by June!" (Eddie Jordan to take over by June!)

let him walk is all I say

Interesting how News of the World were the ones who broke the Camillagate affair AND the Mosley to the max saga... They seem to have a flair for getting their hands on this sort of thing. I cant wait to see EJ take the mantle as Pres of the FIA, he would be perfect for the job. I wonder if NOTW have anything bubbling away under the surface re Max's friend?
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

Eddie Jordan ?
    Hmmm ... will be an interesting challenge for them to put a spin on the antics he and his team used to get up to !!
    He and Eddie Irvine re-invented the term "parteeeee"
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Latest news doing the rounds on the rumour mill...

The Daily Mail are apparently reporting that Max Mosley suspects that McLaren-Mercedes are the ones behind the set-up that caught him with his pants down.

Mosleygate gets murkier and murkier - Planet-F1 News - from planet-f1.com

Not sure I can believe that. Whatever grievances Mclaren may have with Mosley I can't imagine them stooping to those sorts of levels to get revenge. All a bit too 'conspiracy theory' to me.

Secondly, there are rumours that the News of the World aren't yet finished with Mosley, and are going to twist the knife with even more allegations about his private life in this coming Sunday's edition. Nothing concrete as of yet, guess we'll just have to wait. I hope they don't publish more things on Sunday as it will undoubtedly end up casting an even darker shadow over the race in the afternoon.

More allegations against Mosley? - Planet-F1 News - from planet-f1.com
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

If things continue to be pushed further and further he's gonna have to resign...
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

This is all F1 needs right now. First last year it was "Stepneygate" that seemed to
    go on and on. I hope that this "incident" with Max Mosley will not turn out the same,
    way! I think Jean Todt would make a great replacement over Mosley any day!

It's unfortunate but this seems to be a concerted effort by nearly all comers to oust him from power. and perhaps rightly so - it was an awful lapse of judgement.

As for the Mclaren story.....I take it with a grain of salt, but there is definitely something there.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Thread Information