Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F1 in Race Scandal

F1 in Race Scandal

F1 in Race Scandal

There was widespread outrage throughout the paddock today as it was suggested that maybe F1 ought to be involved in some sort of event whereby skilled drivers piloted specially designed high-performance cars around circuits, in order to determine some sort of ranking based on results, with the top driver at the end of the year winning some sort of prize.

The FIA quickly dismissed the notion, insisting that this was a nonsense, and anyone continuing to speak of this meth-induced hallucination would find themselves at the mercy of their lawyers.

Back to the true spirit of the sport: political in-fighting!

Race row hits the pits

Quote Originally Posted by The Daily Racist
    "Spain's top motor racing official was placed under investigation last night on suspicion of making racist remarks about the massive backing for Formula One pacesetter Lewis Hamilton.

Carlos Gracia claimed that: "It is ironic that the racists in England are having to rely on a coloured driver."
    Obviously he's just misunderstood, mistaking the term "racist" for "race fan".

Or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Daily Racist
    Last night the FIA responded, saying: "We have noted the recent press comments attributed to the President of the Spanish Motor Sport Authority and we have received his assurance that such comments have been inaccurately reported.

"The prohibition of racial, political religious discrimination is fundamental to the FIA's role as the governing body of international motor sport. No compromise or violation of this prohibition will ever be acceptable."
    Said the FIA, before slandering any number of people in the sport who don't agree with Max Mosley...

Who do they take us for, "certified halfwits"?

Alonso Winds Neck In

After weeks of incessant blathering about how "un-equal" things are at "really-equal" McLaren, Alonso seems to have come over all sensible.

He now apparently thinks things are "really-equal" at McLaren, and they are a great bunch of lads, and the FIA observer is now totally unnecessary, honest.

Could this be anything to do with being told by Mercedes bosses that he "is no longer a suitable representative of their company", and being shown the door?

Who would of guessed that a constant barrage of disparaging remarks about your team would upset fans, sponsors and employers alike? What a crazy world we live in!

yeez, I thought this was a sniffpetrol spoof, but apparently it is real....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I agree... The Spaniards are just being bitches, in my opinion. Alonso can't say 2 things without contradicting whatever he said before. Out of all the teams to have to govern for fairness, i dont think McLaren is the one to have to govern.
    Alan Henry stated pretty relevantly that Ferrari never had any people making sure their drivers were being treated equally when Schumacher was playing with Barichello or Irvine. What a load of crap. The FIA have, in my opinion, gone pretty far in ruining this year's world championship. I just hope justice is done and Hamilton picks up the world championship he rightly deserves.
    Last edited by Street_Dreamer; 10-19-2007 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
    Alan Henry stated pretty relevantly that Ferrari never had any people making sure their drivers were being treated equally when Schumacher was playing with Barichello or Irvine. What a load of crap. The FIA have, in my opinion, gone pretty far in ruining this year's world championship. I just hope justice is done and Alonso picks up the world championship he rightly deserves.
    Do you know of any example where this "observer" was used in the past?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I'd hate to be Alonso right now, the whole McLaren Team must feel like Killing him. I think the FIA is just trying to keep a controlling hand In formula one since this has been the most erratic year in a while

plus with Alonso's Ratting out, they must be trying to protect him from foul play or something ?
    Once fanboyism infects you it impares all your judgement.
    It's like being drunk, you lack common sense and everyone laughs at you.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    Do you know of any example where this "observer" was used in the past?
    To be honest, i don't. I'm not sure there's ever been one, but i may be wrong. Has there ever been? Because as far as i know, there hasn't, its just something the FIA decided to do, for not much reason basically.

Also, Nikki Lauda said McLaren should sue Alonso for his unacceptable behaviour. Such as the fact he doesn't even say hello to his boss, he's threatened the team, etc.
    itv.com/f1 - Lauda: McLaren should sue Alonso

To be honest, i don't. I'm not sure there's ever been one, but i may be wrong. Has there ever been? Because as far as i know, there hasn't, its just something the FIA decided to do, for not much reason basically.

Also, Nikki Lauda said McLaren should sue Alonso for his unacceptable behaviour. Such as the fact he doesn't even say hello to his boss, he's threatened the team, etc.
    itv.com/f1 - Lauda: McLaren should sue Alonso
    I don't know either about earlier cases.
    I think Alonso should pay up for his actions regarding Stepneygate. He had threatened Dennis to go to FIA if he would be treated as numero uon. Before he could do it, Dennis had already informed Mosley about a possible spilling of the beans...

I don't know either about earlier cases.
    I think Alonso should pay up for his actions regarding Stepneygate. He had threatened Dennis to go to FIA if he would be treated as numero uon. Before he could do it, Dennis had already informed Mosley about a possible spilling of the beans...
    I think Alonso's behaviour this season has been pathetic. Dennis had nothing but good things to say about Alonso earlier this season, and gave him a great car (as well as a fat paycheck). This is how he repays him, i remember Dennis talking about Alonso's humility and how great a person he was; so much for that.
    Pathetic is definitely the word for Alonso this season i think, and i wouldn't choose something too dissimilar for the FIA and Ferrari either. Raikkonen, though, has been amazing second half of the season. I'm happy he's doing well for Ferrari.

its just something the FIA decided to do, for not much reason basically.
    More irrelevant garbage from the FIA that has more to do with them stamping their authority about than "protecting" the sport.

I can't see what authority they have over the matter - where does it state in the rules that a team must give drivers equal treatment and equipment?

If there is such a stipulation, why is it only being enforced now?

Why only McLaren?

Why only Alonso's car - what about Hamilton?

Why aren't they looking at other teams to ensure fairness throughout the grid?

It looks like they are just looking for any excuse to penalise McLaren. How are they going to judge "fairness" or "equality"? If Hamilton's car gets 5 seconds more preparation, are they going to kick him out of the championship, or is it going to have to be something obvious, such as replacing Alonso's engine with something from a Smart?

Dennis had already informed Mosley about a possible spilling of the beans...
    Which Mosley brushed off.
    Then it suddenly became the most heinous crime in F1...

Try bending your head round that one.

If it was potentially that serious, why did Mosley not demand more investigation at the time, you know, do his job?

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks View Post
    If it was potentially that serious, why did Mosley not demand more investigation at the time, you know, do his job?
    You're not seriously suggesting Mosley has the ability to do his job properly are you?

More irrelevant garbage from the FIA that has more to do with them stamping their authority about than "protecting" the sport.

I can't see what authority they have over the matter - where does it state in the rules that a team must give drivers equal treatment and equipment?

If there is such a stipulation, why is it only being enforced now?

Why only McLaren?

Why only Alonso's car - what about Hamilton?

Why aren't they looking at other teams to ensure fairness throughout the grid?

It looks like they are just looking for any excuse to penalise McLaren. How are they going to judge "fairness" or "equality"? If Hamilton's car gets 5 seconds more preparation, are they going to kick him out of the championship, or is it going to have to be something obvious, such as replacing Alonso's engine with something from a Smart?
    Exactly. Even worse than that, though, is that i can't think of a team who are so fair with not only their drivers, but the way they conduct themselves in the general manner they go about their business (from what i can tell).

Call me a cynic, but it seems to me that the FIA are just hoping McLaren will fall apart and Ferrari will win the drivers championship, because thats the only reason i can think of for this BS.

Alonso has turned into such a crybaby this year because he lost his number one status. Did he not get the memo of no number one in McLaren?

Of course now Hamilton is going be the number one at McLaren. Who didn't make bad remarks about McLaren for MONTHS?

When one of the Mercedes top dogs says they're willing to pay to get Alonso out of his contract, you know how bad things really are.

Which Mosley brushed off.
    well, if you are being told that somebody is going to tell you something, you might as well wait until that "somebody" does that, isn't it? Or should Mosley have gone straight to Alonso and ask him: What is it that your boss is telling me that you are going to tell me?

There's quite the uproar from retired F1 drivers that Mosley needs to be ousted, and it needs to happen now.

Thread Information