Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: UCP Bicycle thread

Went on a lovely 2 mile ride today. my shifter hasnt been working lately, but I ran into some blind luck and it worked on occasion today. usually I just leave it in 3&7 but today because i had gears I spent a while trying to break traction in low gear on a dry road Unfortunatly I was unsuccesful I'm going to lube up my shifter, lol, this weekend and hopefully it will change gear smoothly now.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche View Post
    Bianchi?
    Not unless Bianchi has had a change of plans recently, none of their CF stuff comes from Italy...

Try looking at Casati's Marte in white... With the new Dura-Ace...

Quote Originally Posted by Klemmel View Post
    At the moment I'm thinking about buying a freeride/DH KTM bike. I don't know much about them, but at least they look the part

KTM Bikes // Bikes vom Besten!
    Looks good, but nut looking great value for your NOK. Best bank for the NOK has to be a Giant, though there are other bikes out there that offer a better package, especially in terms of handling.

The same advice applies to Rocky too
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco View Post
    ...great value for your NOK. Best bank for the NOK has to be a Giant, though there are other bikes out there that offer a better package, especially in terms of handling...
    I know... like this one that I want SO bad: 2008 Cannondale MOTO 1

But I guess my old Giant is sufficient, at least it was flawless with new tires today
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well, I picked up a nice GT Aggressor for myself after my (luckily crappy) CCM got stolen. It's been a great bike, but now a month into ownership I got hit by a bloody car. Of course I had right of way, but he "didn't see me". So now I'm bike-less, and have to walk everywhere, and figured I'd tell the Internet about it. For a city with so many bikers, it really is a terrible place to ride around.
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

I still own this Schwinn Stingray. It was built from different parts and is from around 1974.
    '76 Cadillac Fleetwood Seventy-Five Limousine, '95 Lincoln Town Car.

I am back in Japan ATM, getting about on a really old, girl`s bike with a big basket on the front and 2 gears, ridiculously high and ridiculously low.

I love it dearly.
    Horsepower wins races. Torque pulls trailers.

http://www.nuerburgring.de/fileadmin/webcam/webcam.jpg <Live cast from the 'Ring.

here is my newest (and oldest) bike. It's a fixie; one gear, no brakes, no coasting. It's a sweet ride.
    eat cicada

Quote Originally Posted by SIMPLETON View Post
    here is my newest (and oldest) bike. It's a fixie; one gear, no brakes, no coasting. It's a sweet ride.
    It's called a track bike, it's been around since the middle of last century, but if you're a hipster, you call it a fixie.
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

on october 5th im going to be doing a 100 mile ride for Multiple Sclerosis on my Giant OCR1 Road bike. she's a beast but i've never done a 100 mile ride, only 50's. its gonna be a rough ride with lots of hills but i should be ok. i'll post some pics when i ride it cause i plan on taking them. the only catch to my ride is that i have to raise $100 in donations to ride, if anyone is interested in giving a few pennies to a hopeful rider and for a good cause, the link is here

2008 Bike MS - General Donation

also donations are tax deductible. i'd appreciate any donations! thanks guys!
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche View Post
    It's called a track bike, it's been around since the middle of last century, but if you're a hipster, you call it a fixie.
    not to split hairs or anything but there is a pretty big difference between a track bike and a fixed gear road bike.

Track bikes have extreme frame geometry and very stiff frames, mine just has pretty normal road geometry
    eat cicada

Quote Originally Posted by SIMPLETON View Post
    not to split hairs or anything but there is a pretty big difference between a track bike and a fixed gear road bike.

Track bikes have extreme frame geometry and very stiff frames, mine just has pretty normal road geometry
    Well you are splitting hairs. And I'd appreciate it if you would knock it off, immediately.

True, track bikes have really high bottom brackets so that you can pedal through turnes, I want one.
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Well I had a fun job today fixing the puncture I got on Friday from a fairly large nail just before my computers exam -.- it went through both sides of the tube.

After hauling out the allen keys I also learned that I need to buy a new cable for the gears and I may also get a new tire/tread/whatever for the rear wheel as its getting rather bald.
    Miscommunication seems to be a direct result of misplaced, text based sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by coolieman1220 View Post
    on october 5th im going to be doing a 100 mile ride for Multiple Sclerosis on my Giant OCR1 Road bike. she's a beast but i've never done a 100 mile ride, only 50's. its gonna be a rough ride with lots of hills but i should be ok. i'll post some pics when i ride it cause i plan on taking them. the only catch to my ride is that i have to raise $100 in donations to ride, if anyone is interested in giving a few pennies to a hopeful rider and for a good cause, the link is here

2008 Bike MS - General Donation

also donations are tax deductible. i'd appreciate any donations! thanks guys!
    Okay, I donated $20.00.
    '76 Cadillac Fleetwood Seventy-Five Limousine, '95 Lincoln Town Car.

just did a 16.1 mile ride. longest ive done in years. im going to go pass out now.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

My bike tried to kill me on Friday... I haven't had working rear brakes for a while now, need to adjust the pads but the last time I did that I knocked the Allen Keys over the wall and into a ridiculously thick hedge. Anyway, so I get off my train from college and hop on my bike, pull out of the station exit to ride home, all the cars are stopping to turn into the entrance, so I pull the front brakes, nothing happens, I pull a little harder, again nothing, so I yank the lever back as far as it goes but all I get is an insanely loud squawking but absolutely diddly squat in the way of stopping power. By this time the shiny black rump of the Honda CR-V ahead of me is looming pretty fast, so I throw myself off the bike to the right and run along side it to stop resulting in me slipping over on the wet tarmac and falling into the hedge and bashing my non-helmetted head on the 12ft wall. Probably should wear a helmet but I try to stick to pavements on my daily 2mi commute, just at this point, there are too many students and business men/women walking home so the only other way around is the road.

Anyway, the bike is a silver & black 2003 Jeep Comanche TSi soft-tail. Sram 3.0 Grip-Shift and front gear set, Shimano Tourney rear gearset & deralieur.
    Shimano Tourney replaced the Sram item on the back after the rear deralieur snapped, have been meaning to swap everything to do with the gears over to Shimano Tourney for about 3 or 4 years now, can't be bothered now. Forever having problems with the gears, can only use Gear 2 on the front set and 2, 4, 6, 8, 12, 16 & 18 on the rears. The saddle is all broken and is extremely uncomfortable after about 3miles, it makes a god aweful clanking whilst peddaling hard, the tyres are totally bald, it's on it's 2nd rear wheel rim and 5th axle. It needs 2 new tyres, new gearsets, new shifters, new grips, new saddle, new rear brake pads, new front rim, new fron disc & brake pads, new gear cables and brake cables, and the steel frame weighs a freakin' ton, basically I need a whole new bike. Last year I did think about investing in a new Saracen Mantra 2 but I spent the money on a camera instead, now if my bikes out-of-service, Dad's 2004 ScottUSA Voltage MX-1 Hardtail comes into play, but that's out-of-service too right now after taking it off-road, buckling the front wheel, grounding out the front suspension and shattering everything inside it and then ripping the rear tyre off the rim on the way home...

We also have a 1991 Peugeot 12speed roadracer, gorgeous bike, original everything in A1 condition save for a slighly dent in the rear rim, sadly the bike is kept in France and I only get to use it for a month each summer
    Last edited by Waugh-terfall; 09-14-2008 at 02:32 PM.
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Thread Information