Thread: Our Trip To Bathurst In The Terra

Our Trip To Bathurst In The Terra

Well we picked up the Ford Territory on Wednesday 5th oct.
    It wasn't the white one we thought we would get. Instead it was the Hot House green one.
    Anyway later that night about 8am we took off in it almost ran out of petrol about 200k's from bathurst so we waited till morning for a petrol station to open.
    Off we went again after a refill and got there about 8.30am.
    Set up our tent's and stuff and went to look around.
    Yummie girls everywhere.
    I was lucky enough to get a pic with 4 cougar girls (lucky man).
    Seen some practice my god they can move up mountain straight.
    The guys around on the first night where drunk as hell hoons driving around the campsites doing wheelies every now and then but other then that it was in very good spirits and heaps of fun with the holden and fords guys.
    On Top ten shootout day when fords where 1-2 on the front row it was a funny thing going into the campsite. This young Holden bloke was drunk maybe his first time Yelling fords suck holdens rule and almost falling over his shadow. When i was driving the terra which was always they had a laugh with me,,,, What the hell is a holden bloke driving a ford for???:
    Then that drunk kid was out and about again and this Ford bloke came up to the car as we were driving in and begged us could he please just drive the terra 10 feet to run over that kid:
    And all the time we drove in the campsite everyone would cheer the Terra.

Anyway I'll tell you the good and the bad on the Terra.

Good. Even for the base model TX RWD it was very comfortable and very smooth to drive it had compartments all over the place at times we lost shit.
    The peddle adjuster was unreal and the lights could light up for 400 meters they are the best driving light i have seen.
    On fuel it was a little disappointing on 3 full tanks we got average of 11.5 L per 100k's. And 90% of the time we were on the freeways.
    But look it really is everything they say it is a top car to drive it's great for the family and it doesn't feel like a big car. Handles very well on fast corners doesn't roll bad at all.
    My brother turned the traction control off and did a drift for 5 seconds in it
    It did 120kp/h in second.
    Bad. The drive by wire Accelerator is shit really shit and so slow to react you could tap it to the floor 10 times and the best the RPM would jump is 200rpm.
    To many compartment to lose everything
    Can't do stand stills
    Performance is a little slow it doesn't jump off the mark hard it's slow to be honest but on the freeway when the power is needed it will move when needed. But around town it's not the hoons car.
    The sports shift isn't the best but good fun.
    They changed the backlight colour in the dash and centre to orange.
    It's not really a offroad car it's unders are way to low.

But if someone was thinking of buying one now i would say go for it with the new 6 speed and turbo would be great thats whats missing.

My Terra Score 8/10

I should have some pics as soon as my brother brings it back he's inlove with it and wants one bad.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

sounds like a super weekend slick! sorry we all bailed on it

the tezza seems a bit overrated from the sound of it maybe?
    The Datto will rage again...

Was a good weekend the showers were shit the dunnys were shit we went to a caravan park for a shower every day

Nah the Tezza was good it's best on the open roads on long travels the legs are comfy you can relaxe in it easy. But power wise it's a little slow but a Sedan would be fast for sure.
    On the freeway in the 100 zone on the way home we got a slow van and nonone wanted to overtake it doing 85kp/h.
    So we floored it and overtook 5 cars at once That is the only time the car feels alive on power when overtaking on the freeway.
    The Crusie is great to.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    Was a good weekend the showers were shit the dunnys were shit we went to a caravan park for a shower every day

Nah the Tezza was good it's best on the open roads on long travels the legs are comfy you can relaxe in it easy. But power wise it's a little slow but a Sedan would be fast for sure.
    On the freeway in the 100 zone on the way home we got a slow van and nonone wanted to overtake it doing 85kp/h.
    So we floored it and overtook 5 cars at once That is the only time the car feels alive on power when overtaking on the freeway.
    The Crusie is great to.
    Know what you mean about the showers and toilets, their pretty ordinary
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by charged
    Know what you mean about the showers and toilets, their pretty ordinary
    And the worst thing was my nephew was dum enough to go in one.
    When i was in the toilet girls walked past and said woohoo i can see your legs

ew a ford.
    lol nah fords are good, especially the territory. does it really have over 30 different storage compartments in the interior? isnt that a bit extreme...you would get lost and drown.
    All about the t-tops

Yummie girls everywhere.
    I was lucky enough to get a pic with 4 cougar girls (lucky man).
    Post the pics or I will ban you for 7 days.

On fuel it was a little disappointing on 3 full tanks we got average of 11.5 L per 100k's. And 90% of the time we were on the freeways.
    350 LS1 h/way 10 lt per 100km.

It did 120kp/h in second.
    Thats not all that good for a hire car.

It's not really a offroad car it's unders are way to low.
    Not to mention two wheel drive.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by crisis
    Post the pics or I will ban you for 7 days.

350 LS1 h/way 10 lt per 100km.

Thats not all that good for a hire car.

Not to mention two wheel drive.
    10 lt that's bloody good

It's a good car but it does lack speed really it does feel 2200kg when it's not.
    Cause it handles great feels like a sedan but doesnt seem to have the grunt there.

I wish i could post the pics it was a polaroid pic i need a scanner bad
    Quote Originally Posted by TVR IS KING
    ew a ford.
    lol nah fords are good, especially the territory. does it really have over 30 different storage compartments in the interior? isnt that a bit extreme...you would get lost and drown.
    Yep there is also one under the drivers seat that comes out like a draw holds 2kg.
    It's also got 3 smoke plugs which is good for phone tv's ps2

My dads got a terra TX RWD...had it since March. Havnt had any real problems with it, its been excellent...i think the only issue is that the rear cargo floor with the plastic side up scratches too easily...im learning on it ATM and dont have too much of a problem with the power...not that i could go fast on Ls anyway...Only bad thing is the petrol is driving us crazy its costing a fortune...he's gonna trade it in for the SY TX or BF XR6....any thoughts?
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Quote Originally Posted by ADRENALINE
    My dads got a terra TX RWD...had it since March. Havnt had any real problems with it, its been excellent...i think the only issue is that the rear cargo floor with the plastic side up scratches too easily...im learning on it ATM and dont have too much of a problem with the power...not that i could go fast on Ls anyway...Only bad thing is the petrol is driving us crazy its costing a fortune...he's gonna trade it in for the SY TX or BF XR6....any thoughts?
    I have only been in a BA Ute
    But the Terra has that great under compartment in the rear cargo great for hiding shoes
    That was something we noticed to the petrol wasn't all that good.
    We did 3 tanks at a average of 11 to 12.5 per 100. And that was from Melbourne to Bathurst on the freeways 110 and 100 kp/h.
    My brothers 95 Ghia does 7.8 lt to the 100 on the freeway.
    Do you find the drive by wire accelerator is very unresponsive ?

I found theres like a one second delay before u press the accelerator and the car actually does anything. But it has great lights, like all falcons, sooo
    coltyu. d;-)!

do they make terras on gas? thats b good. apart from the terrible fuel consumption it sounds lyk a great car
    All about the t-tops

Quote Originally Posted by Colty
    I found theres like a one second delay before u press the accelerator and the car actually does anything. But it has great lights, like all falcons, sooo
    Hell yeah the lights on highbeam are just the best. A truck driver flashed us and we gave him some back lite up the buggers cabin i could see his tomato sauce stains on his top.
    do they make terras on gas? thats b good. apart from the terrible fuel consumption it sounds lyk a great car
    I dont think they could it would be so hard. The Spare is un the rear and lowers down, The rear is smaller then a Falcon shorter they would find it very hard to stick it in there. But i think the 6 speed will help heaps.
    On the freeway @ 110 it sits on about 2100RPM. My car does it about 1700RPM.

There's at least one aftermarket LPG kit for Territory reputedly available from November, using NZ's unique & very compact 'conformable' gastank technology

Ford itself is said to be working on a diesel model, engine is Peugeot/Ford's V6 TT

For a family the LPG would be good.
    For the young family who only has the Terra a turbo would be better.

Thread Information