Thread: draft

draft

is anyone else watching the NFL draft?

im glad the Texans got Williams not only because i'm a defensive end as well, but now i have a reason to drive 15 minutes to watch a team lose

who else is watching?

Don't get it DAMN
    Keeping up to date with http://www.nfl.com/draft/drafttracker/round/round2
    ... not the same
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    is anyone else watching the NFL draft?

im glad the Texans got Williams not only because i'm a defensive end as well, but now i have a reason to drive 15 minutes to watch a team lose

who else is watching?
    Lmao @ the Texans. The Saints probably thought Christmas came early when they chose Mario.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    Lmao @ the Texans. The Saints probably thought Christmas came early when they chose Mario.
    i didnt want bush, young, yes very much so, but im glad they didnt get bush, i personally think he is overrated, plus dominic davis averaged over 1,000 yards a season for the 3 years the texans have been around, but if they had chosen bush, they could have traded him to a team for a few good lineman (their real problem isnt Carr, its the line)

matra, im using the internet too, pretty dissapointed mathias kiwanuka (DE, boston college) wasnt the second DE to go, he deserved it

I have been watching/listening/clicking since the first pick (I am an NFL freak!) and what, just WHAT are the Bears thinking?!?! I am surprised that they wasted two second round choices on unknown return guys/DBs. Why not a tight end?

I am glad Vince Young went to Tennessee, he should be a great fit their, but if they dump McNair it could bite them in the butt, Young needs to be groomed a bit. Leinart going to ten was kind of surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    Lmao @ the Texans.
    I wouldn't laugh, there was nothing wrong with this move considering how they have davis (as colin said).
    i didnt want bush, young, yes very much so, but im glad they didnt get bush, i personally think he is overrated, plus dominic davis averaged over 1,000 yards a season for the 3 years the texans have been around, but if they had chosen bush, they could have traded him to a team for a few good lineman (their real problem isnt Carr, its the line)

matra, im using the internet too, pretty dissapointed mathias kiwanuka (DE, boston college) wasnt the second DE to go, he deserved it
    maybe bush is a little over rated, but why why would you want young very much so when you have carr at the pivot? and you even say that carr is not a real problem at all.

and yes they COULD have traded bush for a few good linemen but how often does a runningback for a lineman trade occur? especially when the runningback is drafted and most good linemen take soem time to develop and costs less. draft picks are ussually traded only for other draft picks, and im sure that the jets (mangold, ferguson) and whoever else picked linemen were not willing to trade.

as for kiwanuka, i think he deserves it as well. his pass rush is unbelievably simeon riceish but his run stopping could use some work. too bad the 2nd team looking for a defensive end (browns) now run a 3-4 defence that requires a large 2-gap defensive tackle and atheletic standing ends (which is what they drafted). mathias' injury didn't help his cause either.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionDriver
    but if they dump McNair it could bite them in the butt
    yeah they are going to get rid of mcnair, too damn expensive, ppl in tenessee are not the happiest to hear that kind of news

thank god for the NFL NETWORK YOU NOOBS MWAHAHAHA
    badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger

Quote Originally Posted by d-quik
    I wouldn't laugh, there was nothing wrong with this move considering how they have davis (as colin said).maybe bush is a little over rated, but why why would you want young very much so when you have carr at the pivot? and you even say that carr is not a real problem at all.
    because vince is not only a hard hitting passer but also an amazing running back, he could play RB and QB (as teams are now experimenting with felxible positions) and how often does a team as bad as the texans have a chance at one of the best atheletes of the current time period?

and yes they COULD have traded bush for a few good linemen but how often does a runningback for a lineman trade occur? especially when the runningback is drafted and most good linemen take soem time to develop and costs less. draft picks are ussually traded only for other draft picks, and im sure that the jets (mangold, ferguson) and whoever else picked linemen were not willing to trade.
    true, but i think they were allowed to trade the #1 spot for 4&7, then they could've gotten d'brickashaw and another O-lineman

as for kiwanuka, i think he deserves it as well. his pass rush is unbelievably simeon riceish but his run stopping could use some work. too bad the 2nd team looking for a defensive end (browns) now run a 3-4 defence that requires a large 2-gap defensive tackle and atheletic standing ends (which is what they drafted). mathias' injury didn't help his cause either.
    not to mention mathias' work ethic and attitude, he basically said (almost word for word) "Im going in with the mind set to try to be the #1 guy mong the defensive ends, and im going to work my ass off every day until the draft to be that #1 guy, and if I'm not, im not going to another team with a chip on my shoulder"
    as well as that he has a good character, no run-ins with the law etc, not that mario williams does either (waiting to order a M. Williams jersey )

thank god for the NFL NETWORK YOU NOOBS MWAHAHAHA
    whats that?

football is lame.

kids in wheelchairs are lame. literally.

because vince is not only a hard hitting passer but also an amazing running back, he could play RB and QB (as teams are now experimenting with felxible positions) and how often does a team as bad as the texans have a chance at one of the best atheletes of the current time period?
    This is true but to use vince young to his maximum potential would mean that the texans would have to retool their entire offensive receiving corps and their backfield. that in itself would be very costly

for the titans though, they already DO have that offence around a mobile and precise pivot so it makes more sense to have him there
    true, but i think they were allowed to trade the #1 spot for 4&7, then they could've gotten d'brickashaw and another O-lineman
    just because you are allowed does not mean that you the jets and whatever the #7 team was will make that. a first round pick for two first round picks is nearly impossible.

and the NFL network is a television channel owned and operated by the 32 owners of the national football league. it is quite addicting. which reminds me time and time again i need a girlfriend
    Quote Originally Posted by shr0olvl
    football is lame.
    you are wrong
    badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger

This is true but to use vince young to his maximum potential would mean that the texans would have to retool their entire offensive receiving corps and their backfield. that in itself would be very costly
    treu, buit they got 2 tackles in round 2, so you just have to wonder what it would've been like, not to mention vince young has actually said he WANTS to play for the texans

Thread Information