Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I got a job!

better than McDonads... trust me.
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

I delivered Pizza during my college years. The flexible hours, better pay than most other part-time jobs, etc make it great part-time work. Plus, you'll get some great stories to tell, when you delivered Pizza...

Only bad thing is the miles you'll put on your car. Use a reliable but cheap car if you can help it, my Mazda 323 was the perfect fit. The wear and tear is unavoidable, so the car needed shocks/brakes/tires and new CV joints during those 3 years...

The other day I cringed when I saw a guy delivering Pizza in a new A4
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by PerfAdv
    The other day I cringed when I saw a guy delivering Pizza in a new A4
    Rich ****er that stole daddy's car My cleaning job is really funny because of the colleagues My boss keeps trying to joke around with me but i punch a joke back all the time. In the end we laugh our arses off for three hours a day We we are finished we always have a beer on the tax payers cost Best thing is i get paid 10% more as all my class mates (well,the ones that work which is 3 out of 18)

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    My boss keeps trying to joke around with me but i punch a joke back all the time.
    My boss will speak in Arabic, scream in Arabic, yell in Arabic, deal in Arabic, spit in Arabic, and live with Arabic, but he'll swear in English. Gets me going sometimes

Well done on getting a job, but it took you until you were 17 to get one? I got a job at 15, and now despite being at full-time, during busy times at work i can do 30-40 hrs a week
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

i just got my first "real" job too, in the IT industry casual work.

congrats Rik!
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Congrats to the Both of you - I've got friends who work in the Sustenance-Delivery business and they seem to have fun.

I just realised I've been in the same cruddy job for almost two years now - perhaps it's time to move on from the Reject Shop?
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

thanks guys

i start tomorrow. Because cooking is one of my hobbies anyway i did expect there to be more skill involved in making pizza but it seems not they just spread the dough on the surface, put tomato puree on it, move along to the toppings then chuck it in the oven..thats it! anyway.. atleast I'm not in mcdonalds yeah, wouldnt wanna be dealing with greasy rubbish all day.

You've been warned that Messing with the Pizza boy is a rite of Passage, correct?

<plots evil deeds>
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik
    thanks guys

i start tomorrow. Because cooking is one of my hobbies anyway i did expect there to be more skill involved in making pizza but it seems not they just spread the dough on the surface, put tomato puree on it, move along to the toppings then chuck it in the oven..thats it! anyway.. atleast I'm not in mcdonalds yeah, wouldnt wanna be dealing with greasy rubbish all day.
    its unplesant,hot,smelly and smells of rot.....and it all get worse when you leave the lucnhroom for the kitchen

And i liked my manager at maccas figure 8 the mop figure 8 the mop i was about ready to wrap the mop around his noggin in a figure f**king 8

And also ive worked at woolworths and there was a customer i was about to insert a large $7 (not $1.50 like he disputed) parsnip into....

Lol and out of 6 jobs there the only 2 i didnt enjoy the paper run was kewl,washing mitsus was great,washing beemers was ok and selling holden parts was tops.
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

I have an interview today at the same place for the 2nd time. I'm pretty sure i'll get it.

Quote Originally Posted by shr0olvl
    I have an interview today at the same place for the 2nd time. I'm pretty sure i'll get it.
    Good luck smile answer queastions and seem intrested AND NEVER SAY YOUR IN IT FOR THE MONEY! your a company minded person and you want to grow old with this company works a treat trust me
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

lol, well I went and did pretty good. So good they hired me and already want me to work today. Gotta go in from 2-9. I'm a little nervous I must say.

which place is that?

CVS Pharmacy. Start out at $6 an hour.

Thread Information