Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: SRT-4 vs. Mustang GT

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lets Gekiga In View Post
    Also, you might be biased, considering your avatar is a Ford and you own a Ford.

And if FWD will never appeal to you as much, why did you buy a FWD car?
    I won't say I have no bias, but I'm typically biased against Japanese cars if anything. I have owned a Mopar vehicle, have looked into buying others, and would gladly own another Mopar. I would also be happy to own a GM, as well. So bias is not something that comes into play here.

Now, I think it's a valid point you bring up with the SVT and FWD. I will say this: I have always said and will always maintain that the FWD on this car bothers me. They did an excellent job of tuning the chassis and working out of it a lot of the FWD plow, but I will admit that I do think it would be a much more impressive car had it received RWD. I did look briefly at 240SX's but found it a bit small for my taste, as well as a few American RWD models that I won't mention in the name of not being ridiculed (*ahemLINCOLNTOWNCARMERCURYGRANDMARQUIS96CHEVYIMPA LASSahem*) Why did I get it? Fuel economy and resale value are the top two reasons. Plus I just happen to like the SVT's looks. It gets double the FE that I used to get, and being a rare car with a small but dedicated fan base, it will hold its resale much better than a standard-model Focus, especially if I maintain it well and keep it low miles. In retrospect, I do wish I had looked into a Mustang Mach 1 or a Pontiac GTO, but realistically I know that insurance would not be as friendly to me as with the Focus (which is itself already expensive for a four-cylinder machine), even if the fuel economy of those two isn't that far behind what I have now.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Quote Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
    (*ahemLINCOLNTOWNCARMERCURYGRANDMARQUIS96CHEVYIMPA LASSahem*)
    I like the Impala SS and the similar in concept Marauder.

They are just muscle cars with four doors.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Can you not put a jeep compass drivetrain in a dodge caliber, i mean replace the transmission since no real street driver needs the low gear crap, and you have got an evo beater with a suprisingly low budget. Arent they practically the same car.

with limited slip diff.s and some other alterations, i dont see why you cant do it
    Once fanboyism infects you it impares all your judgement.
    It's like being drunk, you lack common sense and everyone laughs at you.

Quote Originally Posted by kigango123 View Post
    Can you not put a jeep compass drivetrain in a dodge caliber, i mean replace the transmission since no real street driver needs the low gear crap, and you have got an evo beater with a suprisingly low budget. Arent they practically the same car.

with limited slip diff.s and some other alterations, i dont see why you cant do it
    Except the Caliber looks terrible, is an odd shape and would need tons of modifications to fit a Jeep Compass drivetrain.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck View Post
    Except the Caliber looks terrible, is an odd shape and would need tons of modifications to fit a Jeep Compass drivetrain.
    The only major things i can think of is mounting the engine transversely and Transmission woes, i.e. either new custom transmission, or modifying the compass one other than that it seems to be a breeze plus i kinda like the caliber srt-4 grabely look.

afterthought
    i meant mounting longitudaly
    Last edited by kigango123; 09-06-2007 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck View Post
    I don't think it'll be difficult to adapt four wheel drive to the Caliber, since it and the Compass share the same hardware. It'll make the car more expensive though.

However even doing that it wouldn't be desirable at all.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I don't think it'll be difficult to adapt four wheel drive to the Caliber, since it and the Compass share the same hardware. It'll make the car more expensive though.

However even doing that it wouldn't be desirable at all.
    dude, srt-4!!

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/car/2...ber-SRT-4.html

Last edited by kigango123; 09-06-2007 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kigango123 View Post
    We have a vast choice of hot hatches here, so we can overlook that completely.
    Visca Catalunya!

We have a vast choice of hot hatches here, so we can overlook that completely.
    actually you do not, except for ford crazy crossover stuff, and mazda cx-8 there is no other suv like hot hatch that is sporty(Cool) in production, the rabbit, civic and its other small cousins dont fit the category and the only other perfomance capable one i can think of is the Mistubishi evo X suv like hatch which is a concept without that much of a chance of reaching production or of being in the u.s.

I said here as in Europe, were hatches are king.

And I don't want a "suv like hot hatch". I think it's completely stupid idea invented by Chrysler and it shows because their sales figures here are pathetic.
    Visca Catalunya!

the caliber is ugly, made to appeal to those who want to get into the 'bling' look cheaply so they can buy one and throw 22inch chrome wheels on it.
    die chrysler die!
    edit: wait build the SRT viper first. then die
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    the caliber is ugly, made to appeal to those who want to get into the 'bling' look cheaply so they can buy one and throw 22inch chrome wheels on it.
    die chrysler die!
    edit: wait build the SRT viper first. then die
    You know what, I've always thought that Chrysler was the most cool of the American manufacturer. Especially the letter cars were brilliant. What a shame they've lost their way.
    Visca Catalunya!

Our government actually bailed Chrysler out and that really irks me.

It's the strong that thrive in the business world. Good products last, bad ones don't. It's as simple as that.
    "He who has overcome his fears will truly be free."

You know what, I've always thought that Chrysler was the most cool of the American manufacturer. Especially the letter cars were brilliant. What a shame they've lost their way.
    they've offered the worst interiors, terrible reliability and products that just don't seem to be popular, they have little presence in this market and i wouldn't miss them if they left. their three decent products are jeep wranglers, 300C's and dodge vipers as far as i can tell.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    they've offered the worst interiors, terrible reliability and products that just don't seem to be popular, they have little presence in this market and i wouldn't miss them if they left. their three decent products are jeep wranglers, 300C's and dodge vipers as far as i can tell.
    I think the way was lost circa 1973...
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information