Page 418 of 500 FirstFirst ... 318368408416417418419420428468 ... LastLast
Results 6,256 to 6,270 of 7489

Thread: Galah Sessions

A guy in CanberraRIDERS bought himself an old Elantra Super Tourer. 2ltr, N/A, 280hp. It's a ****ing Hyundai!
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    A guy in CanberraRIDERS bought himself an old Elantra Super Tourer. 2ltr, N/A, 280hp. It's a ****ing Hyundai!
    The interesting part of this is the guy is a parapalegic in a wheel chair.

[ame="http://www.performanceforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67249211"]thread here[/ame]

how he will drive it without the use of his legs

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Fondles
    Your in a wheel chair yah...so i assume you have issues with your legs and this will be converted to hand controls yes ??

yes. its not all technical or full of gadgets as you would think the braking is just a lever thats attached with a rod to the brake pedal. the throttle is just a ring behind the wheel which you pull to accelerate. its attached to the actual throttle cable which is still also attached to the pedal.
    changing gears, seq makes this easy as u dont need a clutch while moving, so to shift up, just pull back on the lever, shifting down is a little different cos i have one hand on the wheel the other on the brake lever so theres a solenoind which will push the lever forward for me. clutch is operated by a solenoid with a lever on the steering wheel.... it sounds technical but if you saw it you would think WTF i didnt think it would be that easy.

look at that vid on youtube with the jap drifter thats a para... same deal just he uses a normal h pattern box but he's got the same mechanism for the clutch etc... seq box makes things a lot more easier and less complex.

The problem with buying ex supertourers is most of them are farked, they need a big budget to run at their best and most times the cars are run into the ground then sold. The money to freshen the supertourer engines are like poison, it will need a freshen fairly often they run 12mm lift cams with massive duration, they eat valves and valve springs for breakfast, run massive comp with very short skirt pistons and rattle like a diesel before the forgies warm up, it would need a freshen after a light season of racing and last time I checked about a x-trac seq gearbox freshen, there wouldnt be any change from 20 grand. They are cheap to buy but in reality thats the cheapest part of owning a supertourer
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

He's a great bloke (despite being a Saffer.) The crash was ****ing nasty.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

There's a guy here in the US who's paraplegic and races trucks offroad (think Baja races, but on something like an enlarged supercross course) and does fairly well. They had an in-car camera once showing how he drove and I was amazed at how simple it looked.

Edit:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evan_Evans_(racer)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by wwgkd; 02-11-2010 at 10:12 PM.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Another paraplegic racer; [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Watt"]Jason Watt[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xe4lZV9fEw&feature=related[/ame]
    Turning money into memories.

so my friend came back from canada two weeks early as a suprise return.
    gets upset and depressed because no-one was there to greet them.

i explained that this was because we were all pretty suprised. and still at work. that's how suprised we were.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

TBH I'd be pretty depressed in Canada, too. Probably just take a while for the effects to wear off...
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

A let's not forget Alex Zanardi, which was won several WTCC races in his adapted BMW.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YwqFz14xY4&feature=related]Not the sunscreen song[/ame]
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

I lol'ed.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    I just saw one of... them... today, just as bad if not worse. Definitely did not shave thoroughly, and I saw that whilst driving past...

You guys have never been to Thailand obviously... thats the land of traps! Some of them are DAMN hard to spot after even 2 beers.
    The Datto will rage again...

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Supra View Post
    You guys have never been to Thailand obviously... thats the land of traps! Some of them are DAMN hard to spot after even 2 beers.
    This. My dad lived there for a while, he used to see if I could pick them. I got pretty good at it. And no, I never got caught out.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Thread Information