Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shots of the 2010 Toyota Prius leaked

Shots of the 2010 Toyota Prius leaked

Ewww...
    Quote Originally Posted by C&D
    Photos of the third-generation 2010 Toyota Prius have been leaked to the PriusChat.com forum. We called Toyota to find out more, but beyond confirming that what we’re looking at is indeed the next Prius, we couldn’t obtain any more info. We’re told that the official announcement will come at the 2009 Detroit Auto Show in January, but we’re not sitting on our hands.

For now, we’ll attempt to glean any details from these images. The obvious exterior change is a lack of exterior change. Prius number three shares its overall profile with the current model, which was a considerable departure from the original 2001 car. Toyota has taken the car’s look corporate, though, with a front end reminiscent of the Corolla. Overall, the new sheetmetal is evolutionary, not the revolution we would have hoped for, especially in the face of Honda’s new Insight Prius-clone. This new Prius even has some Honda Civic cues, which are most evident in the shape of its doors.

While Toyota has confirmed that this is the next Prius, we weren’t told why the headlights don’t match in two of the photos. The large front three-quarter view shows a headlight that sweeps back into the hood and fender—much like those on the new Nissan Maxima—to include what appears to be a turn-signal lamp. In the close-up view of the passenger-side headlight, we see a more conventionally shaped unit, with the turn indicator instead housed in the lower fascia just above the fog lamp. A possible explanation: We may be looking at an internal design study that is being used to decide the final details of Toyota’s newest hybrid. This is not unheard of, as Chevrolet recently did something similar with the Camaro by creating a styling buck that was half of one design and half of another.

The car’s interior styling is again more evolution than revolution. Whether or not you like the current Prius’s interior layout, no one can deny that it’s different. A lot of that seems to have gone out the window; the car loses its dash-mounted shift lever, for example, with it now being placed lower down on the center console. Other notable changes include a larger center stack display, as well as a multi-color wraparound instrument panel at the top of the dash. What was once wasted space between the armrest and dashboard is now bridged, creating a storage area beneath the climate controls and shift lever. PriusChat forum members have also noticed a new port next to the 12-volt outlet, which could possibly be a 110-volt outlet or an iPod/auxiliary input. The B transmission range—used in place of a conventional automatic’s low gear when descending steep grades—may also be missing from the third-gen car.

As Toyota has said, all will be revealed at the 2009 Detroit show. There, we’ll see a face-off of Toyota and Honda’s hybrid efforts and will learn exactly which face Toyota has chosen for the next Prius.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

seems pretty neat but...

it's the ugliest car. Evar

more of the same. there will still be thousands of them clogging up the road in california.

i didn't like them before i moved to CA, now i despise them.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

the honda insight concept looked far better
    i think toyota needs to make sure that their designers get their eyes checked
    Last edited by 092326001; 10-19-2008 at 09:29 PM.

.25 drag co would be impressive, along with a nice diesel hybrid.
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    more of the same. there will still be thousands of them clogging up the road in california.

i didn't like them before i moved to CA, now i despise them.
    That was what I was thinking.

Americans will be all over it.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

its still not a appealing vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    That was what I was thinking.

Americans will be all over it.
    Due to hybrids being exempt from the £5 a day CONgestion charge, there are loads of Prius' in London - elsewhere they're not very popular at all because anyone in their right mind knows that a good diesel is better!!!

Actually Albert, due to your car emitting less than 120g/km of CO2, you wouldn't have to pay anyway!

ATTENTION ALL LONDONERS: SCRAP YOUR BAR OF SOAP, BUY A 118d!!!
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

Thumbs down

it looks exactly like the old one.. the lines and stuff like thart are the same.. and i thing today's prius is the most irritating car on the roads!!

Quote Originally Posted by Clivey View Post
    Due to hybrids being exempt from the £5 a day CONgestion charge, there are loads of Prius' in London - elsewhere they're not very popular at all because anyone in their right mind knows that a good diesel is better!!!

Actually Albert, due to your car emitting less than 120g/km of CO2, you wouldn't have to pay anyway!

ATTENTION ALL LONDONERS: SCRAP YOUR BAR OF SOAP, BUY A 118d!!!
    And it's much faster, drives better and has better quality.

Here there are some used as taxis and that's about it.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Someone explain to me how a backwards step in styling is considered advancement?

It's....Hideous. No doubt the Tech is good & the do-gooders cannot afford not to be seen in it...but seriously. wow.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Toyota is smart not to change it. It's the most successful hybrid for a reason...it's iconic now and it screams, 'look at me, I care about the environment!'.

Some people want everyone to know they care more than others.

The old Honda Insight was different looking but it was too avant garde for general taste.

The hybrid Civic looks pretty normal except for the special rims.

The hybrid Camry looks normal...I see a lot of those around Atlanta.

i don't think this new looks very iconic, sorta looks like they bolted a avalon/aygo nose to the front end

They mixed it up with the Corolla, but still, it's a very bland car, the inside is worst imo.

Maybe the real hybrid will come from PSAs diesel/electric.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Over rated!

Thread Information