Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: The most expensive car you sat in

The most expensive car I sat in was this year, a 2004 Mercedes DTM from Mücke Motorsport. (A little bit of work experience on the school holidays.)
    Attached Images Attached Images

This will be a long list:

Ascari KZ1 and KZ1R, Spyker C8 Spyder, Spyder T, Laviolette and Double 12, Ferrari 355, 360, 550, 512m and F40, Lambo Murcielago, Gallardo, Diablo, Countach and LM002, Mercedes CLK DTM, SL65 AMG, Jaguar XJ220, Aston Virage Vantage Le Mans, Virage Volante, Bentley Azure, Arnage Red Label, Continental GT...... And some more that I can't remember right now.

So wich one is the most expensive?

Here is some proof:

Last edited by pterps; 12-03-2005 at 01:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pterps
    This will be a long list:

Ascari KZ1 and KZ1R, Spyker C8 Spyder, Spyder T, Laviolette and Double 12, Ferrari 355, 360, 550, 512m and F40, Lambo Murcielago, Gallardo, Diablo, Countach and LM002, Mercedes CLK DTM, SL65 AMG, Jaguar XJ220, Aston Virage Vantage Le Mans, Virage Volante, Bentley Azure, Arnage Red Label, Continental GT...... And some more that I can't remember right now.

So wich one is the most expensive?

Here is some proof:
    how the hell did you ever got even near to those !!! the clk dtm was surrounded by a big crowd on the Autorai. i only was able to shoot one crap picture do you have friends or something that work on the stands there ?

edit: most expennsive in the last couple of weeks was probably a city bus...

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    how the hell did you ever got even near to those !!! the clk dtm was surrounded by a big crowd on the Autorai. i only was able to shoot one crap picture do you have friends or something that work on the stands there ?

edit: most expennsive in the last couple of weeks was probably a city bus...
    I sat in the CLK DTM twice, once at a dealer and on the RAI. I was on the RAI during the pressday, that makes it much easier

Quote Originally Posted by carbrochuretom
    It was in a dealership...no one owned the car
    All F1s are owned by somebody.

2005 Porsche 911 Carrera
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

I sat in a Spyker C8 sadly no proof , It was in the factory black extorior red leather well nice

Once again, a Merc SLR and Carrera GT as well as a 308 GTS Ferrari....

However, my most expensive is probably still a black McLaren F1 I saw in Monaco.
    I still have the owner's phone number, but he sadly does not live in Monaco anymore and has moved to Australia.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

my dads X5 and 745Li
    BMW forever !!!

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lukehow
    The most expensive car I sat in was this year, a 2004 Mercedes DTM from Mücke Motorsport. (A little bit of work experience on the school holidays.)
    you lucky!

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda
    All F1s are owned by somebody.
    All of the 64 production road cars that were built quickly sold, EXCEPT FOR 1, THE SHOWROOM MODEL which had been parked in the company’s London showroom for a decade, until 2004, and on 29th January 2004 I saw the McLaren F1, just 2 days before it was removed to make way for the XP5 prototype.

That last McLaren was sold for an exact figure of £966,105.85 or $1.700,000 on the 3rd Feb 2004

[QUOTE=Matra et Alpine]Come near any of my cars or bikes if they've got please dont sit signs on them and I'll tear your gonads out through your teeth !!!

Man, folks like YOU will make it impossible for anyone in the future to get anywhere near great cars.

Next time, learn some manners and ask politely if you can sit in a car.
    If the owner says no then say thanks anyway and leave !!!
    QUOTE]

For your information I asked a male McLaren representitive who was at the showroom discussing the prototype XP5 that was going to be moving in a couple of days later...I asked him if I could sit in it...seen as though he was going to be driving it out of the showroom and he said "feel free to take a seat in it, it will be your last chance" so I did, it was only the female McLaren worker who stormed over and told me to move away!

So please dont judge before you know the story cheers!
    I aint know "rookie"
    2006 Ford Mustang 4.6 V8 Premium GT
    2008 Chrysler 300C SRT Design
    2007 Alfa Romeo Brera 2.2
    1972 MG Midget 1275

Well, right now, the London Showroom does not house McLaren anymore.

McLaren has moved into a giant facility.

They keep on show the XP F1 LM, F1 XP5, and the Davidoff F1 GTR "Longtail" which placed 2nd in the '97 24 hours of LeMans.

The building is now the home of the SLR production lines.
    I have already made contacts to visit the facility in the summer.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by carbrochuretom
    So please dont judge before you know the story cheers!
    Better still next time tell the whole story.

You made it sound as if you DID try to sit in without permission.
    The woman WAS STILL doing the right thing if no one had told her you DID have permission.

You getting permission is different from what you implied.

OR the whole story is a bit fishy, I can't decide

Still the original comment holds true, anyone who ignores please do not touch and please do not sit in are the ones who will prevent everyone from getting anywhere near them in the future !!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

The Ferrari 250 TR that sold at Pebble this past season for 16.4 Million USD had to be taken to a few events over the last few years, prior to being sold. One show was on a rainy day. We unloaded the car down the block from the show so we could drive in and trying to stay dry, I held an umbrella over the open cockpit of the car as we drove in. A number of people shot photos and we could hear people talking as if we'd driven the car "all the way to the show in the rain" but... it was only about 600 feet in the rain. The rain bothers the humans more than the car.

997 Carrera 4S
    Current - 2005 Hyundai Tucson 2.0 GLS
    Current - 1998 Honda Civic 160i Luxline

Thread Information