Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Woot finished 50km bike ride in 1 hr 59 min

Woot finished 50km bike ride in 1 hr 59 min

today i took part in a 50 km bike ride for charity, i manged to raise 260 cdn and finished in 1hr 59 min, 25.2 kph baby, this is on a 40 lb mtb with dirt tyres and 3 kilos worth of junk in my pack !!!

next year im aiming to hit 30 kph !!!

Nicely done, did you take any pics of the trip?

congrats, wouldn't mind pics either.
    good luck getting to 30 next year
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

Wow you must be tired, what were the weather conditions?

when i read the title, i though it was a motorBIKE....i was thinking that was kinda long on a motorcycle, but since it was actually a bike...that changes it

the most i have ever ridden is like 25 miles....(--km) and i didnt do it in under two hours, might have been able to, but it took a bit longer i think

congrats on it though
    pondering things

Kuddos for your time and for doing it for charity
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

thats great! and awesome that its for charity!

get a racing bike, or borrow one if you only will use it once a year, not worth the money! and dont carry anythimng but water and power bars, i bet if you tried hard you could hit 35-40kph
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Quote Originally Posted by KnifeEdge_2K1
    today i took part in a 50 km bike ride for charity, i manged to raise 260 cdn and finished in 1hr 59 min, 25.2 kph baby, this is on a 40 lb mtb with dirt tyres and 3 kilos worth of junk in my pack !!!

next year im aiming to hit 30 kph !!!
    congrats, that is pretty quick on an mtb. How was the terrain? Flat? Any wind?. However don't underestimate the additional effort to make it to 30 kph. Hit the road often before that attempt
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

my topspeed on my bike(normal) is an astunishing 53 km/h.speed was 55 km on the scale of my friends scooter minus a correcting of two kilometres.i used to outrun him easily until he ot to about 40 km/h i usually get a speed of 35 km/h average on my school run (6,5 km).

google image from a similar bike:
    http://www.fietsplus.nl/webinabox/wi...e%20trendy.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    my topspeed on my bike(normal) is an astunishing 53 km/h.speed was 55 km on the scale of my friends scooter minus a correcting of two kilometres.i used to outrun him easily until he ot to about 40 km/h i usually get a speed of 35 km/h average on my school run (6,5 km).

google image from a similar bike:
    http://www.fietsplus.nl/webinabox/wi...e%20trendy.jpg
    this sounds highly optimistic to me. Time for a challenge I suppose. I have a 50 km lap around the island which I can do at 32 kph average when I am in good shape (rarely these days) and when the winds are favourable (even more rare). I use a rather more sophisticated bike to get there.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    this sounds highly optimistic to me. Time for a challenge I suppose. I have a 50 km lap around the island which I can do at 32 kph average when I am in good shape (rarely these days) and when the winds are favourable (even more rare). I use a rather more sophisticated bike to get there.
    challenge accepted on a good day offcourse and when its not too cold otherwise i'd be sweating my pants of under my coat while it still is too cold to not wear one

on a hometrainer i got 61 km/h for a few seconds

when we do the challenge offcourse, i will find a person with a nice racing bike that lets me borrow it

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    on a hometrainer i got 61 km/h for a few seconds

when we do the challenge offcourse, i will find a person with a nice racing bike that lets me borrow it
    downhill I have seen 82 kph

I got 70 km/h with my previous bike - Univega Alpina 510.

My current bike is similar to this but newer.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    downhill I have seen 82 kph
    i went about that downhill in the heienoord tunnel.same speed downhill from the Haringvliet Dam.the small speedometer on my bike stopped at 80 km/h the screen turned empty

Thread Information