Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How trustful are internet IQ tests?

How trustful are internet IQ tests?

For those who have taken real life and thorough IQ tests and the internet ones, how much do these internet ones approach the ones in reality?
    Would it be possible, to play forever?
    The conclusion reached was that a player is inevitably doomed to lose.

On the Tickle IQ test, from the banner on top of the forum pages, has given me 131. And that's because I took the test in English, which isn't, obviously, my 1st language nowadays.

Has anyone else taken the test?
    Would it be possible, to play forever?
    The conclusion reached was that a player is inevitably doomed to lose.

I did one on iqtest.com and got 144. Which is just shy of Mensa entry level I think (average Joe in the UK is about 105 I think) . As much as I'd like to trust it, I think the odds are that they're a load of bull, tweaked to make anyone look clever, so that you go and buy their extortionately priced IQtest.com certificate pack for putting on your wall. Maybe I'm just too cynical for my own good though.

Any form of IQ test is inaccurate. Many people are icredible intelligent but score poorly on those test. They also don't control for environmental influences and the like. In my opinion they are of no worth at all.

I've taken a few different ones online and always get between 143 and 147. I took a few real ones a couple years ago for my aunt who's a child psychologist, and while she wouldn't tell me what I got, she said it was 'well above average.' So they're probably not dead-on accurate, but I'd bet it gives you a rough idea.

Maybe I just wanna think I'm smarter than I really am.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

I don't like them too much. I took one last year and got a 168. But, I took one a few months ago and got a 132. When I got it done by a professional 4 years ago it was in the 140's i think...for my age group. These tests are kinda shitty and don't prove much imo. my 2c.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

I was about 110. Haven't done a online 1.
    I have a photo graphic type memory almost and them question with pic's and memory was my strong point. Math's was always my weak leg
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Math's was always my weak leg
    Don't beat yourself up over it. You'll find me writing stories instead of solving mathematical equations. Thats for sure.

As for IQ tests, I agree with LTT.

Quote Originally Posted by Rossell
    Don't beat yourself up over it. You'll find me writing stories instead of solving mathematical equations. Thats for sure.

As for IQ tests, I agree with LTT.

You won't find me doing any. Im pretty clever but Damn im lazy
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

I just stick with standardized tests. IQ is not actually that amazing at showing how intelligent someone is. Someone can proccess things incredibly fast, but maybe they cannot grasp concepts at all. Or, in my case, have serious ADD and some ADHD and they act retarded but are actually very smart
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Quote Originally Posted by LTT
    Any form of IQ test is inaccurate. Many people are icredible intelligent but score poorly on those test. They also don't control for environmental influences and the like. In my opinion they are of no worth at all.
    Well it's a self-fulfilling evaluation.

INTELLIGENCE is measured using the IQ test.
    The test ( a proper one - most of these web ones are less queston, less time, less accurate ) is designed to evaluate a persons abilities in areas that are collectively know as "intelligence".

I think the point is it does NOT measure many aspects of cognitive ability, common sense, mathematical ability, reasoning ability which can ALL be deeled to more important that another in a particular case.

The problem is the MISUSE of the IQ test.

To properly evaluate a persons skill levels in amy aspects of the mind then it can take 10-12 HOURS of tests. It's quite commone now for companies to use reduced psychometric tests to measure the parts of a persons "intelligence" they deam important. eg negotiation skills, mediation skills.

As well as IQ there are other tests especially Emotional Quotient (EQ) and manual dexterity and speaking that are important for different tasks ABOVE what is true "intelligence"

( I developed some Psychometric Tests durign my Psych course at Uni and upset a company who used a Psych test when I went for a job evaluation because I was able to give them all the answers they WANTED to hear and I pointed this OUT to them as they were using the tests in an ainappropraite way.

Just as IQ can be used inappropriately.
    All a high IQ tells us is about a persons ability in a small number of areas.
    The BEST case is it tells NOTHIGN about common sense. I've seen LOTS of very "smart" people with hi IQs stumped on a problem till someone with "common sense" and often no degree came on board and lead them to the solution
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    I don't like them too much. I took one last year and got a 168. But, I took one a few months ago and got a 132. When I got it done by a professional 4 years ago it was in the 140's i think...for my age group. These tests are kinda shitty and don't prove much imo. my 2c.
    Claerly some of those were NOT validate IQ tests.
    They shoudl stay within 10 points for most of your life
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

We had a national IQ test on TV it was unreal, then we had a national driving test.
    Even had the kiwi's in it world first
    I really don't want to bag the kiwi's but they were the worst out of the studio audience in the national IQ test

The first ever IQ test i did i got 94 wasn't happy one bit at all, Second was 110. And i fell asleep in one block and missed 2 questions
    My nephew got 70 lol

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    We had a national IQ test on TV it was unreal, then we had a national driving test.
    If it was anything like the one in the UK they only asked a quarter of the number of questions to be able to make a real evaluation.

I scored 20 odd points higher in the TV one than I have in REAL IQ test taken over the last 30 years. And those others had all been within 5 or so points of each other.

They make fun TV, but nothing else.
    It's like expecting "Pop Idol" to actually turn up a good musician

Wonder if bluey remembers this??
    It was a big one but can't remember how big
    Took a few hours and not only was it live on tv but you could txt and net the answers

Thread Information